+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 562 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

I had to comment on how pathetic the charger Defense is LOL HOLYCRAP!!!!LOL That entire team is Awful! Just a bunch of F-UPS!

I feel that Sunday night's game was very telling of how our season will go. I see us ending at 9-7 and just missing the playoffs again. I have us drafting at #19. I see us getting an additional 4th and a 7th rounder for Cofield and Boss. Here is an updated mock:

1. David DeCastro - G - Stanford - DeCastro would easily be the best player for us as I am sure we will move on from Diehl since he has been terrible this year. DeCastro will start from day 1 and be an anchor on the line for years.

2. Janoris Jenkins - CB - North Alabama - Jenkins is a first round talent, but will fall here due to character issues. We are not sure about TT's return and may also lose Ross. Jenkins is too good to pass up here.

3. Isaiah Pead - RB - Cincinnati - Explosiveness is what our RB corps lacks. With last years addition of Scott and now Pead, we will have it. Pead is a good change of pace type player and could immediately step in as our 3rd down guy.

4A. Matt Reynolds - T/G - BYU - Reynolds will drop due to age, but he is a technically sound player that will challenge Brewer for the RT job or be the successor to Snee at RG. Good value here.

4B. Juron Criner - WR - Arizona - Another player I have slipping due to some off field issues and slow timed speed at the combine. Criner is a good player though who needs some technique help but has great upside.

5. Gerald Hodges - LB - Penn St. - Hodges is a guy who can play inside and outside and has had a very good year for PSU.

6. DaJohn Harris - DT - USC - Harris has good size and a good motor. Insurance for Austin and also depth if we lose Bernard.

7a. George Bryan - TE - NC State - Bryan is a big bodied TE that can catch a bit as well. Will fit into some 2TE sets for us.

7b. - Chandler Jones - DE - Syracuse - Jones is a lean athletic DE that can rush the passer a bit but needs to bulk up. Developmental guy here

[quote user="tdawg1413"]I feel that Sunday night's game was very telling of how our season will go. I see us ending at 9-7 and just missing the playoffs again. I have us drafting at #19. I see us getting an additional 4th and a 7th rounder for Cofield and Boss. Here is an updated mock:

1. David DeCastro - G - Stanford - DeCastro would easily be the best player for us as I am sure we will move on from Diehl since he has been terrible this year. DeCastro will start from day 1 and be an anchor on the line for years.

2. Janoris Jenkins - CB - North Alabama - Jenkins is a first round talent, but will fall here due to character issues. We are not sure about TT's return and may also lose Ross. Jenkins is too good to pass up here.

3. Isaiah Pead - RB - Cincinnati - Explosiveness is what our RB corps lacks. With last years addition of Scott and now Pead, we will have it. Pead is a good change of pace type player and could immediately step in as our 3rd down guy.

4A. Matt Reynolds - T/G - BYU - Reynolds will drop due to age, but he is a technically sound player that will challenge Brewer for the RT job or be the successor to Snee at RG. Good value here.

4B. Juron Criner - WR - Arizona - Another player I have slipping due to some off field issues and slow timed speed at the combine. Criner is a good player though who needs some technique help but has great upside.

5. Gerald Hodges - LB - Penn St. - Hodges is a guy who can play inside and outside and has had a very good year for PSU.

6. DaJohn Harris - DT - USC - Harris has good size and a good motor. Insurance for Austin and also depth if we lose Bernard.

7a. George Bryan - TE - NC State - Bryan is a big bodied TE that can catch a bit as well. Will fit into some 2TE sets for us.

7b. - Chandler Jones - DE - Syracuse - Jones is a lean athletic DE that can rush the passer a bit but needs to bulk up. Developmental guy here

[/quote]Im not usually very high on interior lineman early but the Diehl and Baas are awful and Snee has played poorly as well. The Giants need to take whoever the best Olineman is thats on the board. If he is a Tackle then fine, Guard ,Center whatever the whole unit needs a talent upgrade. I think the Giants should go hard after Ben Grubbs but we shall see. I would be fine with Decastro who also can play center

Dajohn Harris is a player Ive been pushing since very early in the season. Great size and Measurables and has been more disruptive then Stats indicate. He is constantly pushing back the pocket. Look for Harris to be a riser when April comes around

I like Pead and think he would be an excellent choice however I expect more of a Power Back to be drafted, Bryan is a Coughlin type Giant TE but he night not be here next season

[quote user="tdawg1413"]I feel that Sunday night's game was very telling of how our season will go. I see us ending at 9-7 and just missing the playoffs again. I have us drafting at #19. I see us getting an additional 4th and a 7th rounder for Cofield and Boss. Here is an updated mock:

[/quote] whoa my friend! Reynolds in RD 4? Bryan in Rd 7? Criner a Comp 4th rounder? I would love your mock but don't see those guys even possibly going as late as u got them

Time for my WEEKLY mock DRAFT! And as i figured Were getting back down the draft some after a embaressing loss at home yet again(seahawks other one) Who didn't see this coming? I mean when u need 4th qter comebacks to beat ARZ BUFF and DOLPHINS then u kinda get a idea we may have some issues this yr and our record may not indicate how good we are lol Anyways I got us down to about pick 22 after last weeks debacle So here we go!

GIANTS PICKING 22nd OVERALL

1 Barrett Jones T/G Ba
    ma- Stater at G in 09 and 10 before going to LT this yr Jones has played exceptionally well this yr If he comes out i fully expect a 1st round selection for him Good size at 6ft 5in 311lbs His versatility is fantastic! Outside of LT hes even played C and LG and RT this season

2 Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin- Seasoned vet on that Wisconsin Oline whos been a beast for that wisconsin running ga
    me and is exactly what the DR ordered for our poorus run blocking! If Jones and Zeitler are both there in the low 20's of the 1st and 2nd round I think u pull the trigger!

3 Kawaan Short DT Purdue- I just love this kid and he
    makes plays! With Austin not of played for 2yrs by the time he gets going for us and Canty another yr older and Bernard doing nothing as usual It may be good idea to get another DT in here to pair with Joseph and Austin going forward Short is a stout player who has been the heartbeat of his teams defense and its sure fun to watch him play when hes in a zone!

4 Doug
    martin RB Boise St- I've liked Doug martin for sometime and think he could be the next in the Ray Rice/ mjd line of short stout do everything RB's in this league

4 comp- Dealano Howell S Stanford- We need depth and howell is a solid safety who can mix it up in the run game and is not a liability in coverege I think Howell is gonna be a very solid pro

5 Tank Carder LB TCU- Kinda having a bit of a down season as far as what was anticipated outta hi
    m but i still like the way he plays the game and there Defense dosen't have much talent this yr so i think it has something to do with his overall numbers and if he slides to Rd 5 It'd be great Value for a guy like Carder

6 Danton Lynn CB Penn St- Nice depth CB this late

7 Chandler Harnish QB No Ill- Develop
    mental QB who i like

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Time for my WEEKLY mock DRAFT!* And as i figured**** Were getting back down the draft some after a embaressing loss at home yet again(seahawks other one)** Who didn't see this coming? I mean when u need 4th qter comebacks to beat ARZ BUFF and DOLPHINS then u kinda get a idea we may have some issues this yr and our record may not indicate how good we are lol*** Anyways** I got us down to about pick 22 after last weeks debacle*** So here we go!

1* Barrett Jones T/G Ba
    ma- Stater at G in 09 and 10 before going to LT this yr*** Jones has played exceptionally well* this yr** If he comes out i fully expect a 1st round selection* for him** Good size at 6ft 5in 311lbs** His versatility is fantastic! Outside of LT* hes even played C and LG and RT this season

2 Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin-** Seasoned* vet on that Wisconsin Oline whos been* a beast for that wisconsin running ga
    me** and is exactly what the DR ordered for our poorus run blocking!* If Jones and Zeitler are both there in the low 20's of the 1st and 2nd round**** I think u pull the trigger!

3* Kawaan Short DT Purdue- I just love this kid and he
    makes plays! With Austin not of played for 2yrs by the time he gets going for us and Canty another yr older and Bernard doing nothing as usual ** It * may be good idea to get another DT in here to pair with Joseph and Austin going forward*** Short is a stout player who has been the heartbeat of his teams defense and its sure fun to watch him play when hes in a zone!

4* Doug
    martin RB Boise St-* I've liked Doug martin for sometime and think he could be the next in the Ray Rice/ mjd line of short stout do everything RB's in this league
    4 comp-* Dealano Howell S Stanford-* We need depth and howell is a solid safety who can mix it up in the run game and is not a liability in coverege** I think Howell is gonna be* a very solid pro

5* Tank Carder LB TCU-* Kinda having a bit of a down season as far as what was anticipated outta hi
    m but i still like the way he plays the game and there Defense dosen't have much talent this yr so i think it has something to do with his overall numbers and if he slides to Rd 5*** It'd be great Value for a guy like Carder

6 Danton Lynn CB Penn St-* Nice depth CB this late

7* Chandler Harnish QB No Ill-* Develop
    mental QB** who i like
    * [/quote]Im a big time Barret Jones fan but he is a Junior and I havent really got a sense from the Draft Community that he is coming out. Like the pick though.
    Zeiter is a Wisconsin lineman thats not a bad thing.

Short is a good player doing the Short vs ohio state game next actually.

All the other guys are good players although I think Carder may go undrafted

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Time for my WEEKLY mock DRAFT! And as i figured Were getting back down the draft some after a embaressing loss at home yet again(seahawks other one) Who didn't see this coming? I mean when u need 4th qter comebacks to beat ARZ BUFF and DOLPHINS then u kinda get a idea we may have some issues this yr and our record may not indicate how good we are lol Anyways I got us down to about pick 22 after last weeks debacle So here we go!

1 Barrett Jones T/G Ba
    ma- Stater at G in 09 and 10 before going to LT this yr Jones has played exceptionally well this yr If he comes out i fully expect a 1st round selection for him Good size at 6ft 5in 311lbs His versatility is fantastic! Outside of LT hes even played C and LG and RT this season

2 Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin- Seasoned vet on that Wisconsin Oline whos been a beast for that wisconsin running ga
    me and is exactly what the DR ordered for our poorus run blocking! If Jones and Zeitler are both there in the low 20's of the 1st and 2nd round I think u pull the trigger!

3 Kawaan Short DT Purdue- I just love this kid and he
    makes plays! With Austin not of played for 2yrs by the time he gets going for us and Canty another yr older and Bernard doing nothing as usual It may be good idea to get another DT in here to pair with Joseph and Austin going forward Short is a stout player who has been the heartbeat of his teams defense and its sure fun to watch him play when hes in a zone!

4 Doug
    martin RB Boise St- I've liked Doug martin for sometime and think he could be the next in the Ray Rice/ mjd line of short stout do everything RB's in this league

4 comp- Dealano Howell S Stanford- We need depth and howell is a solid safety who can mix it up in the run game and is not a liability in coverege I think Howell is gonna be a very solid pro

5 Tank Carder LB TCU- Kinda having a bit of a down season as far as what was anticipated outta hi
    m but i still like the way he plays the game and there Defense dosen't have much talent this yr so i think it has something to do with his overall numbers and if he slides to Rd 5 It'd be great Value for a guy like Carder

6 Danton Lynn CB Penn St- Nice depth CB this late

7 Chandler Harnish QB No Ill- Develop
    mental QB who i like
    [/quote]Im a big time Barret Jones fan but he is a Junior and I havent really got a sense from the Draft Community that he is coming out. Like the pick though.
    Zeiter is a Wisconsin lineman thats not a bad thing.

Short is a good player doing the Short vs ohio state game next actually.

All the other guys are good players although I think Carder may go undrafted[/quote]ya i don't know for sure if he'll come out but if he does he'd be a nice pick and being a possible 1st rounder alot of times can be quite enticing Also we see guy surprise all the time and come out when u least expect it That said i really don't like adding Jr's into my mocks because of just that Thanks for the insight

i wonder if theres any chance we go CB in rd 1 again? I've thought about this a ton of times and usually come to conclusion that we probably won't But if we do pick in the 20's its gonna be hard to pass on guys like Casey Hayward(mad good!) Chase minnifield(also mad good!) and and of course Janoris Jenkins whos i loved last yr and is very talented U pair one of those guys with Prince and hold on to Terrell Thomas and u got a nice trio for the fu ture Thoughts on CB in the first the way the talent at this point seems to be going in the draft community?(meaning theres gonna be a thousand changes by draft time as far as guys stocks going up and down and every which way)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*i wonder if theres any chance we go CB in rd 1 again? I've thought about this a ton of times and usually come to conclusion that we probably won't***** But if we do pick in the 20's its gonna be hard to pass on guys like Casey Hayward(mad good!)* Chase minnifield(also mad good!)** and* and* of course Janoris Jenkins whos* i loved last yr and is very talented**** U pair one of those guys with Prince and hold on to Terrell Thomas and u got a nice trio for the fu ture*** Thoughts on CB in the first the way the talent at this point seems to be going in the draft community?(meaning theres gonna be a thousand changes by draft time as far as guys stocks going up and down and every which way)[/quote] CB could very well be BPA...but what do u think happens with Webster? No way will we take a CB in the 1st to sit the bench or prince sit the bench.......so if that ever happend,it means Webster is gone or Thomas won't be the same player coming back

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]i wonder if theres any chance we go CB in rd 1 again? I've thought about this a ton of times and usually come to conclusion that we probably won't But if we do pick in the 20's its gonna be hard to pass on guys like Casey Hayward(mad good!) Chase minnifield(also mad good!) and and of course Janoris Jenkins whos i loved last yr and is very talented U pair one of those guys with Prince and hold on to Terrell Thomas and u got a nice trio for the fu ture Thoughts on CB in the first the way the talent at this point seems to be going in the draft community?(meaning theres gonna be a thousand changes by draft time as far as guys stocks going up and down and every which way)[/quote] CB could very well be BPA...but what do u think happens with Webster? No way will we take a CB in the 1st to sit the bench or prince sit the bench.......so if that ever happend,it means Webster is gone or Thomas won't be the same player coming back[/quote] one thing we know is what looks like a strength one second becomes a weakness the very next in the wacky nfl lol Webster is gonna be yet another yr older next season and if we collapse again this yr I just won't have the sentimental feelings toward losing some long time giants as 3 collapses in a row tells me that our Core is not getting it done and it may be time to start building around guys like JPP and NICKS and ELI

+ Reply to Thread