+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 562 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.[/quote]Well maybe the Lions draft him, he may fit in well with Suh---LOL!! You think that he could drop into the 2nd rd Redeye, due to his lack of control/temper?

I was watching some of that game before I went to bed---when did he get benched?

One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Burfict is definitely going to drop to round 2 I believe. The combination of bad attitude and very inconsistent play will do him in. His interview process will be very big.

Also from that game, ASU RB Cameron Marshall looks to be a very good player. He is a junior so he may not come out but he ran hard and had some wiggle to him, can catch out of the backfield and was excellent in pass protection. A sleeper to watch.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid
    Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't
    matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up
    the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown
    will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and
    to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or
    Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if
    they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can
    see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

As for the Giants, I think Kuechly in the 2nd is a classic Reese pick. Insane value at a position of need.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some
    road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both
    fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st.
    If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to
    the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
    [/quote]Kuchley is going round 1 no questions asked! Dude is super athletic and a super playmaker whos just dominted the U in the finale of the reg season!* What a season and career to this point hes had*** The announers were just sold hes going ROUND 1 and has to come out** Hes fantastic!
    [/quote]

I've never said he isn't a first round talent. He's been my favorite linebacker since last offseason (and people were calling me all sorts of names for liking him over Burfict). I just haven't seen the kind of freakish athleticism that a LB needs to go in the first. I'm not saying he can't, maybe his spider-sense like instincts overshadow his athleticism.

I just think that he's one of those players, at a position that has taken a value hit as of late, who's stock is going to be unfairly weighted by the combine. And, IMO, being white doesn't help matters any. If he has a merely 'good' combine, I can see GM's talking themselves out of the pick rather than trusting their eyes and the game tape. I just can't remember game tape vaulting a player up over a combine performance, but we've all seen combine numbers trump game tape (Julio Jones anyone?).

What SHOULD happen, and what DOES happen ain't always the same...*

[/quote]Kind of sums it up.He is a very good player but someone that could get unfairly judged it happens every year.

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.[/quote]Well maybe the Lions draft him, he may fit in well with Suh---LOL!!* You think that he could drop into the 2nd rd Redeye, due to his lack of control/temper?

I was watching some of that game before I went to bed---when did he get benched?

[/quote]I think his tape is awful from this season. Constantly over running plays. He misreads plays. He has no discipline in his gap assignments. I watched a lot of tape on Burfict early in the season but I became so disgusted I stopped watching it. All the things i expected to see improvement on never happened and in fact it became worse. So disappointed in this guy I had really high hopes

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.[/quote]Well maybe the Lions draft him, he may fit in well with Suh---LOL!! You think that he could drop into the 2nd rd Redeye, due to his lack of control/temper?

[/quote]I think his tape is awful from this season. Constantly over running plays. He misreads plays. He has no discipline in his gap assignments. I watched a lot of tape on Burfict early in the season but I became so disgusted I stopped watching it. All the things i expected to see improvement on never happened and in fact it became worse. So disappointed in this guy I had really high hopes[/quote]

I will be very if he is drafted by a 4-3 team.

[quote user="Raptor22"] I just can't remember game tape vaulting a player up over a combine performance, but we've all seen combine numbers trump game tape (Julio Jones anyone?).

[/quote]

Im not really disagreeing with your point, just your example. Julio Jones had some pretty amazing game tape to go with his amazing combine.

So in conclusion, yes Im nitpicking and you love it.

g[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid
    Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't
    matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up
    the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown
    will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and
    to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or
    Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if
    they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can
    see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

As for the Giants, I think Kuechly in the 2nd is a classic Reese pick. Insane value at a position of need.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some
    road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both
    fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st.
    If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to
    the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
    [/quote]Kuchley is going round 1 no questions asked! Dude is super athletic and a super playmaker whos just dominted the U in the finale of the reg season! What a season and career to this point hes had The announers were just sold hes going ROUND 1 and has to come out Hes fantastic!
    [/quote]

I've never said he isn't a first round talent. He's been my favorite linebacker since last offseason (and people were calling me all sorts of names for liking him over Burfict). I just haven't seen the kind of freakish athleticism that a LB needs to go in the first. I'm not saying he can't, maybe his spider-sense like instincts overshadow his athleticism.

I just think that he's one of those players, at a position that has taken a value hit as of late, who's stock is going to be unfairly weighted by the combine. And, IMO, being white doesn't help matters any. If he has a merely 'good' combine, I can see GM's talking themselves out of the pick rather than trusting their eyes and the game tape. I just can't remember game tape vaulting a player up over a combine e performance, but we've all seen combine numbers trump game tape (Julio Jones anyone?).

What SHOULD happen, and what DOES happen ain't always the same...

[/quote] I think he goes RD 1 no matter what happens at the combine Hes just to active and has the proper size and charechter and his game tape is amazing! He'll fall somewhere in Between where Aj Hawk and James Laurinitis were drafted So somewhere between 5th in 1st round- 3rd pick of 2nd round That lands u plenty in the 1st round

Logan Thomas just gets better and better God he shows some good touch on throws which u woulden't think he'd be doing at this point in his maturity Wilson of ARK and Thomas of Tech are gonna be fighting for top QB honor in College next yr i think I'll throw Brock Osweiler in the mix as well!

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]LOL did U guys see Todd MCshay's write up of Whitney Mercilus

Whitney Mercilus DT 6-3 363 pounds

Mercilus has a massive frame and moves well for his size.He's Tough to move in the middle and could fit well as a Two gap run stopper in a 3-4 Scheme

LOL what an ***[/quote] hahahhaah!!!

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.[/quote] I agree! I stuck up for him for awhile but i'm past all that U watched the game last night? How about Brock Osweiler? That dude can make all the throws! Super looking QB prospect in my opinion

+ Reply to Thread