+ Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 562 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]man Robert Griffin is just one cool dude! He just seems so genuine and thats coming from a guy(me) whos just totally skeptical of athletes and that true persona He really struck me as down to earth and very humble and even keeled He must of mentioned BAYLOR U about 15 times in his speech and his coach Art Briles another handful of times Hes got a Sgt mother and a Sgt father and talks with grace and dignity and i gotta admit I'm just that much more a fan of RG3 then i was yesterday! I really hope he dosen't end up in our nation's capitol LOL I would like to see him end up in Kansas City or Jacksonville(new ownership and possibly HC and cheaper Draft picks means u don't take as big a loss if u cut ties with a top pick quicker now a days) Anyhow I think RG3 is gonna be extremely good player at the next level How funny was it when Chris Fowler was running through his nicknames and said "baby jesus" and Robert got totally embaressed and i believe it was because of his family being in the audience Just a great dude!

[/quote]yeah kid is all around amazing. i think he'll be a dolphin

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]man Robert Griffin is just one cool dude! He just seems so genuine and thats coming from a guy(me) whos just totally skeptical of athletes and that true persona He really struck me as down to earth and very humble and even keeled He must of mentioned BAYLOR U about 15 times in his speech and his coach Art Briles another handful of times Hes got a Sgt mother and a Sgt father and talks with grace and dignity and i gotta admit I'm just that much more a fan of RG3 then i was yesterday! I really hope he dosen't end up in our nation's capitol LOL I would like to see him end up in Kansas City or Jacksonville(new ownership and possibly HC and cheaper Draft picks means u don't take as big a loss if u cut ties with a top pick quicker now a days) Anyhow I think RG3 is gonna be extremely good player at the next level How funny was it when Chris Fowler was running through his nicknames and said "baby jesus" and Robert got totally embaressed and i believe it was because of his family being in the audience Just a great dude!

[/quote]

Everything Ive read and heard about Griffin is about how great of a guy he is. I havent heard one bad thing about him.That wasnt the case with Cam Newton last year. Luck lost the Heisman against Oregon and Griffin took it with the win against Oklahoma

[/quote] I think Luck was losing it and as u said offically lost it against oregon He was having good performances but not straight up dominatinging ones and they were really evenly RUN and PASS it seemed quite a bit toward the end He didn't throw for 300yrds in 5of his last 6 games and threw at least 1pick in 7of his last 8 Don't get me wrong He was very good just some reasons i think he lost it at the end Barkley is my num 1 QB this yr followed by Luck and RG3 all though RG3 is closer then i thought he could make it to Luck in my own personal rankings

U know a QB i think is gonna be good in the pros? Nick Foles I have seen Foles make some sensational throws and i think if hes on a better team Hes a 1st rounder I like him better then Tannehill and Cousins

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]*man* Robert Griffin is just one cool dude!* He just seems so genuine and thats coming from a* guy(me) whos just totally skeptical of athletes and that true persona** He really struck me as down to earth and very humble and even keeled*** He must of mentioned BAYLOR U about 15 times in his speech and his coach Art Briles another handful of times*** Hes got a Sgt mother and a Sgt father and talks with grace and dignity and i gotta admit*** I'm just that much more a fan of RG3 then i was yesterday! I really hope he dosen't end up in our nation's capitol LOL** I would like to see him end up in* Kansas City or Jacksonville(new ownership and possibly HC and cheaper Draft picks* means u don't take as big a loss if u cut ties with a top pick quicker now a days)**** Anyhow* I think RG3 is gonna be extremely good player at the next level******* How funny was it when Chris Fowler was running through his nicknames and said "baby jesus" and Robert got totally embaressed and i believe it was because of his family being in the audience****** Just a great dude!

[/quote]

Everything Ive read and heard about Griffin is about how great of a guy he is. I havent heard one bad thing about him.That wasnt the case with Cam Newton last year. Luck lost the Heisman against Oregon and Griffin took it with the win against Oklahoma

[/quote] I think Luck was losing it and as u said offically lost it against oregon*** He was having good performances but not straight up dominatinging ones* and they were really evenly* RUN and PASS it seemed* quite a bit** toward the end*** He didn't throw for 300yrds in 5of his last 6 games and threw at least 1pick in 7of his last 8*** Don't get me wrong*** He was very good**** just some reasons i think he lost it at the end**** Barkley is my num 1 QB this yr**** followed by* Luck* and RG3***** all though RG3 is closer then i thought he could make it to Luck in my own personal rankings

*U know a QB i think is gonna be good in the pros?* Nick Foles**** I have seen Foles make some sensational throws and i think if hes on a better team*** Hes a 1st rounder***** I like him better then Tannehill and Cousins
    [/quote]

Foles has improved a lot from 2010. He looked like a late round guy from his tape last year.I think he is a third round pick physical talent wise *but with the way people draft QB's who knows.After watching Christian Ponder who I thought was a 3rd round talent go Pick number 12 last year.Colt Mccoy who I thought was a late round pick go in the 3rd I have no idea anymore.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Any Chance brandon Jenkins can be a 4/3 SLB? I was curious about that Or is he strickly a 3/4 OLB or 4/3 DE?
    [/quote]Weird u ask about him just did this

Brandon Jenkins vs Maryland 2011

I dont think he is really a 4-3 LB guy but who knows Mathias Kiwanuka is the Giants SOLB

[/quote] true
    [/quote]

I've seen this kid play a lot. I think he is either a 34 OLB or a 43 DE.

FSU has used him at LB a good bit early in the season, but he is clearly at his best when getting after the QB.

I coulden't wait to do this weeks mock after a victory for a change!!! What a great game !! We certainly got shredded deep though! Like i'd never seen in Fooball before!!!lol Anyhow I got us picking 25th this week after the WIN Up from pick 20 last week

1 Peter Konz C Wisconsin - We gotta solifify this positon with young talent! Konz is a load inside and a heck of a run blocker and we need that badly!

2 Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma- I know about his injuries but this kids got Pro Bowl potential and was looked at as a future 1st round just last yr! I can look past this injury season and see the value and upside in this pick!

3 Kawaan Short DT Purdue- Playmaker at the DT positon where we really gotta start getting more pressure from! Short Joseph and Austin form a potent Trio going forward fot the Giants(at least on paper)

4 Aaronn Henry S Wisconsin- A solid all around safety whos not a liability in Coverege but can also play the run Seems to have a nose for the ball wheater ind the air or on the ground and we gotta get depth at this positon bigtime!

5 Vick Ballard RB miss St
    - Ballard is a nice Sleeper RB who has solid size and could be a better pro then COllege Player if finds right situation We like to give later round RB's chances and Ballard fits the description

6 mike Ryan OT UCONN- A big expierenced tackle whos played left and right tackle and has decent feet from what i've seen and is kinda in the mold of a Giants OT(gritty tough strong determined) We could use Depth at Tackle

7 Chandler Harnish- qb no illinois all read wrote about before

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*I coulden't wait to do this weeks mock after a victory for a change!!!*** What a great game !!* We certainly got shredded deep though! Like i'd never seen in Fooball before!!!lol** Anyhow** I got us picking 25th this week after the WIN*** Up from pick 20 last week

1 Peter Konz C Wisconsin* - We gotta solifify this positon with young talent! Konz is a load inside and a heck of a run blocker** and we need that*** badly!

2 Travis Lewis OLB* Oklahoma-** I know about his injuries* but this kids got Pro Bowl potential and was looked at as a future 1st round just last yr!* I can look past this injury season and see the value and upside in this pick!*

3 Kawaan Short DT Purdue-* Playmaker at the DT positon*** where we really gotta start getting more pressure from! Short Joseph and Austin form a* potent Trio going forward fot the Giants(at least on paper)

4 Aaronn Henry S Wisconsin- A solid all around safety whos not a liability in Coverege but can also play the run*** Seems to have a nose for the ball wheater ind* the air or on the ground and we gotta get depth at this positon bigtime!

5* Vick Ballard RB miss St
    - Ballard is a nice Sleeper RB who has solid size and could be a better pro then COllege Player if finds right situation** We like to give later round RB's chances and Ballard fits the description

6 mike Ryan OT UCONN-* A big expierenced tackle whos played left and right tackle and has decent feet from what i've seen and* is kinda in the mold of a Giants OT(gritty tough* strong* determined) We could use Depth at Tackle

[/quote]Man I wish we somehow got Titus Young in the 2011 draft. He would fit so well with these other guys.

U know im a huge fan of Peter Konz.. I would have no problem with the Giants selecting him.The other guys are all good players.Everyone is just sleeping on Travis Lewis ignoring he has been injured the whole year

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I coulden't wait to do this weeks mock after a victory for a change!!! What a great game !! We certainly got shredded deep though! Like i'd never seen in Fooball before!!!lol Anyhow I got us picking 25th this week after the WIN Up from pick 20 last week

1 Peter Konz C Wisconsin - We gotta solifify this positon with young talent! Konz is a load inside and a heck of a run blocker and we need that badly!

2 Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma- I know about his injuries but this kids got Pro Bowl potential and was looked at as a future 1st round just last yr! I can look past this injury season and see the value and upside in this pick!

3 Kawaan Short DT Purdue- Playmaker at the DT positon where we really gotta start getting more pressure from! Short Joseph and Austin form a potent Trio going forward fot the Giants(at least on paper)

4 Aaronn Henry S Wisconsin- A solid all around safety whos not a liability in Coverege but can also play the run Seems to have a nose for the ball wheater ind the air or on the ground and we gotta get depth at this positon bigtime!

- Ballard is a nice Sleeper RB who has solid size and could be a better pro then COllege Player if finds right situation We like to give later round RB's chances and Ballard fits the description

6 mike Ryan OT UCONN- A big expierenced tackle whos played left and right tackle and has decent feet from what i've seen and is kinda in the mold of a Giants OT(gritty tough strong determined) We could use Depth at Tackle

[/quote]Man I wish we somehow got Titus Young in the 2011 draft. He would fit so well with these other guys.

U know im a huge fan of Peter Konz.. I would have no problem with the Giants selecting him.The other guys are all good players.Everyone is just sleeping on Travis Lewis ignoring he has been injured the whole year[/quote]

I love Lewis... I just hate the injuries. Considering how this team gets hit by injuries, particularly guys with NO injury history, I just wouldn't want to chance it. Lewis would be a fantastic addition if he could stay healthy. He's exactly the type of LB the team needs.

Veteran

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]*I coulden't wait to do this weeks mock after a victory for a change!!!*** What a great game !!* We certainly got shredded deep though! Like i'd never seen in Fooball before!!!lol** Anyhow** I got us picking 25th this week after the WIN*** Up from pick 20 last week

1 Peter Konz C Wisconsin* - We gotta solifify this positon with young talent! Konz is a load inside and a heck of a run blocker** and we need that*** badly!

2 Travis Lewis OLB* Oklahoma-** I know about his injuries* but this kids got Pro Bowl potential and was looked at as a future 1st round just last yr!* I can look past this injury season and see the value and upside in this pick!*

3 Kawaan Short DT Purdue-* Playmaker at the DT positon*** where we really gotta start getting more pressure from! Short Joseph and Austin form a* potent Trio going forward fot the Giants(at least on paper)

4 Aaronn Henry S Wisconsin- A solid all around safety whos not a liability in Coverege but can also play the run*** Seems to have a nose for the ball wheater ind* the air or on the ground and we gotta get depth at this positon bigtime!

5* Vick Ballard RB miss St
    - Ballard is a nice Sleeper RB who has solid size and could be a better pro then COllege Player if finds right situation** We like to give later round RB's chances and Ballard fits the description

6 mike Ryan OT UCONN-* A big expierenced tackle whos played left and right tackle and has decent feet from what i've seen and* is kinda in the mold of a Giants OT(gritty tough* strong* determined) We could use Depth at Tackle

U know im a huge fan of Peter Konz.. I would have no problem with the Giants selecting him.The other guys are all good players.Everyone is just sleeping on Travis Lewis ignoring he has been injured the whole year[/quote]

I love Lewis... I just hate the injuries. Considering how this team gets hit by injuries, particularly guys with NO injury history, I just wouldn't want to chance it. Lewis would be a fantastic addition if he could stay healthy. He's exactly the type of LB the team needs.
    [/quote]

At this point if I was JR if any player has a prior injury I would take them off the draft board completely lol.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I coulden't wait to do this weeks mock after a victory for a change!!! What a great game !! We certainly got shredded deep though! Like i'd never seen in Fooball before!!!lol Anyhow I got us picking 25th this week after the WIN Up from pick 20 last week

U know im a huge fan of Peter Konz.. I would have no problem with the Giants selecting him.The other guys are all good players.Everyone is just sleeping on Travis Lewis ignoring he has been injured the whole year[/quote] I still am holding out hope for Jerrell Jerrnigan If Titus was on our team he'd probably be sitting like Jerrell but he is a terriffic young player! As for Lewis I'll always take the chance to get a STUD all around LB like that in RD 2 based on the fact his numbers were down a bit because of injuries Shoot we have plenty of guys who get hurt who aren't supposedly injury prone so maybe getting a injury prone guy will change momentum lol

The more i think about it though I think mike ryan will be gone before we pick in the 6th

I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!

+ Reply to Thread