+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 562 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!
    [/quote]U have to remember JPP struggled for the first 10 games last year.He graded out last year as one of the worst pass rushers in the NFL.He got way more snaps then he was supposed to because of Kiwis injury.This allowed him to work out the kinks and by week 11 he started to figure it out.Kiwis injury I believe pushed his development a year up. That being said the growthnow to Year 2 has been staggering. To go from where he was at South Florida to the player that was on the field last night is insane

Kinda worried my Youtube page is going to get shut down.Put everything unlisted

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!
    [/quote]U have to remember JPP struggled for the first 10 games last year.He graded out last year as one of the worst pass rushers in the NFL.He got way more snaps then he was supposed to because of Kiwis injury.This allowed him to work out the kinks and by week 11 he started to figure it out.Kiwis injury I believe pushed his development a year up. That being said the growthnow to Year 2 has been staggering. To go from where he was at South Florida to the player that was on the field last night is insane[/quote]

I remember that stat. But it was misleading anyways. Last year JPP lined up inside quite a bit. It is much more difficult to get after the QB from a DT position. Even this year when Osi was in and JPP went inside he was far less effective. However, last year since he was listed as a DE all his snaps for that stat counted as DE stats. I knew it wasnt gonna be accurate.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!
    [/quote]U have to remember JPP struggled for the first 10 games last year.He graded out last year as one of the worst pass rushers in the NFL.He got way more snaps then he was supposed to because of Kiwis injury.This allowed him to work out the kinks and by week 11 he started to figure it out.Kiwis injury I believe pushed his development a year up. That being said the growthnow to Year 2 has been staggering. To go from where he was at South Florida to the player that was on the field last night is insane[/quote]

I remember that stat. But it was misleading anyways. Last year JPP lined up inside quite a bit. It is much more difficult to get after the QB from a DT position. Even this year when Osi was in and JPP went inside he was far less effective. However, last year since he was listed as a DE all his snaps for that stat counted as DE stats. I knew it wasnt gonna be accurate.
    [/quote] Those stats usually are not foretelling of the actual play on the field I watched the games and if u coulden't see this coming from JPP based on how he played last yr then u weren't watching him lol It wasen't because he showed nothing that we all thought he was prepared for a huge season thats for sure! Didn't they even have him in coverege from time to time as well last yr? JPP played fine last yr! I thought he would based on how quickly he picked up football through all his stops at diffrent levels of talent in a short period

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!
    [/quote]U have to remember JPP struggled for the first 10 games last year.He graded out last year as one of the worst pass rushers in the NFL.He got way more snaps then he was supposed to because of Kiwis injury.This allowed him to work out the kinks and by week 11 he started to figure it out.Kiwis injury I believe pushed his development a year up. That being said the growthnow to Year 2 has been staggering. To go from where he was at South Florida to the player that was on the field last night is insane[/quote] Pretty sure he got more snaps as he went along last yr I mean we did have 2 veteran DE"s and Kiwi to start the yr He got more snaps becuase of the Kiwi injury and also becasue he then started to make plays It wasen't that he just didn't play well early on or anything he just didn't have the snaps and i'll give u it took him alittle while to pick it up but considering it was still his rookie yr and he was supposed to do nothing as a "raw" rookie and his snap count progressed considerably as the season wore on I think he did extremely good! I think U Just as well as most of us had a good idea this type season was coming from him just based on his Rookie season whcih kinda gives u a idea about how he did as the season and his getting real playing time wore on

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length* combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him!*** Dudes a beast* and its not often i see guys who don't have a* TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP** was one guy i did!* Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what* 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball?**** He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels* and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has!* most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him**** but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels***** he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly!**** Great pick!
    [/quote]

Ok Mr. Fortuneteller, tell me who is going to be this years JPP and while you're at it call Jerry Reese and let him know too lol.

Veteran

Want something really scary/awesome to think about? Try this:

What if JPP is actually following something like a normal rookie learning curve? Moderate contributions year 1, steps forward year 2... and then a leap up in year 3 (and he'll actually have a full off/pre-season following a full year). And, he should be about done maturing... I think he's added about 15lbs since the start of last year, and I don't see any lack of speed.

Just think what it could mean if the past two games are just a stepping stone to something greater (and more importantly, what it could mean playing across from a healthy Tuck, with a healthy secondary behind him)...

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!

What if JPP is actually following something like a normal rookie learning curve? Moderate contributions year 1, steps forward year 2... and then a leap up in year 3 (and he'll actually have a full off/pre-season following a full year). And, he should be about done maturing... I think he's added about 15lbs since the start of last year, and I don't see any lack of speed.

Just think what it could mean if the past two games are just a stepping stone to something greater (and more importantly, what it could mean playing across from a healthy Tuck, with a healthy secondary behind him)...

[/quote]Yeah that was the point of my post.Im saying he had his learning curve push forward by Kiwanukas injury. He wouldnt of played as many snaps last year had Kiwanuka not been injured.Hence he is a year ahead of schedule in his development. The best thing that happened to the Giants was letting him get on the field as much as he did because he learned the speed of the game. This year he came in and took off because he got to play so much last year because Kiwi was gone

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!

[/quote]Yeah that was the point of my post.Im saying he had his learning curve push forward by Kiwanukas injury. He wouldnt of played as many snaps last year had Kiwanuka not been injured.Hence he is a year ahead of schedule in his development. The best thing that happened to the Giants was letting him get on the field as much as he did because he learned the speed of the game. This year he came in and took off because he got to play so much last year because Kiwi was gone[/quote]

I got that... Kiwi going down basically made is 1st year more like what he would have had if he was drafted by any team other than the Giants (ie: a team that didn't already have 3 great passrushing DE's).

But what if he still has the 3rd year leap ahead of him? How awesome (in the literal "Something that inspires an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced
    by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like: in awe
    of God" sense of the word) would that be?

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!
    [/quote]

Ok Mr. Fortuneteller, tell me who is going to be this years JPP and while you're at it call Jerry Reese and let him know too lol.[/quote] Wow This is your contribution to this thread??? lol Why even come in here if its just to show us your on your time of the month again? We talk about tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of Prospects Sorry if we like to mention being right on something from time to time ! Idiot!

By the way you'll really love this! I called Victor Cruz the day we signed him as a UDF as a player to watch out for and not to be surprised if he made the team and Started a thread the Day of the JETS preseason game last yr titled " cruz is gonna break out in big way tonight" Does that make u angry that i mentioned this? I sure hope so!

+ Reply to Thread