+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 562 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!
    [/quote]U have to remember JPP struggled for the first 10 games last year.He graded out last year as one of the worst pass rushers in the NFL.He got way more snaps then he was supposed to because of Kiwis injury.This allowed him to work out the kinks and by week 11 he started to figure it out.Kiwis injury I believe pushed his development a year up. That being said the growthnow to Year 2 has been staggering. To go from where he was at South Florida to the player that was on the field last night is insane[/quote]

Want something really scary/awesome to think about? Try this:

What if JPP is actually following something like a normal rookie learning curve? Moderate contributions year 1, steps forward year 2... and then a leap up in year 3 (and he'll actually have a full off/pre-season following a full year). And, he should be about done maturing... I think he's added about 15lbs since the start of last year, and I don't see any lack of speed.

Just think what it could mean if the past two games are just a stepping stone to something greater (and more importantly, what it could mean playing across from a healthy Tuck, with a healthy secondary behind him)...

[/quote]Yeah that was the point of my post.Im saying he had his learning curve push forward by Kiwanukas injury. He wouldnt of played as many snaps last year had Kiwanuka not been injured.Hence he is a year ahead of schedule in his development. The best thing that happened to the Giants was letting him get on the field as much as he did because he learned the speed of the game. This year he came in and took off because he got to play so much last year because Kiwi was gone[/quote] I here ya but the point is he contributed and played well as a rookie Certainly enough that we could all see this coming clear as day I didn't know the ones who said he was raw and gonna take awhile meant it was gonna be a whole 6games or so of his first Regular season lol To me when someone is supposedly so raw and what not coming outta college it means its gonna take em a yr or 2 before there playing fantastic football I think its safe to say that if u thought it was gonna take awhile for JPP to be a beast u were simply wrong No big deal though as in your case your right alot more then wrong on draft stuff

I do like bringing up our hits and misses as kinda a in good fun competitve thing between Giants mb draft nuts lol As much time as we put in on this stuff U gotta enjoy being right seeing how its so easy to be wrong lol

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!
    [/quote]U have to remember JPP struggled for the first 10 games last year.He graded out last year as one of the worst pass rushers in the NFL.He got way more snaps then he was supposed to because of Kiwis injury.This allowed him to work out the kinks and by week 11 he started to figure it out.Kiwis injury I believe pushed his development a year up. That being said the growthnow to Year 2 has been staggering. To go from where he was at South Florida to the player that was on the field last night is insane[/quote]

What if JPP is actually following something like a normal rookie learning curve? Moderate contributions year 1, steps forward year 2... and then a leap up in year 3 (and he'll actually have a full off/pre-season following a full year). And, he should be about done maturing... I think he's added about 15lbs since the start of last year, and I don't see any lack of speed.

Just think what it could mean if the past two games are just a stepping stone to something greater (and more importantly, what it could mean playing across from a healthy Tuck, with a healthy secondary behind him)...

[/quote]Yeah that was the point of my post.Im saying he had his learning curve push forward by Kiwanukas injury. He wouldnt of played as many snaps last year had Kiwanuka not been injured.Hence he is a year ahead of schedule in his development. The best thing that happened to the Giants was letting him get on the field as much as he did because he learned the speed of the game. This year he came in and took off because he got to play so much last year because Kiwi was gone[/quote] I here ya but the point is he contributed and played well as a rookie Certainly enough that we could all see this coming clear as day I didn't know the ones who said he was raw and gonna take awhile meant it was gonna be a whole 6games or so of his first Regular season lol To me when someone is supposedly so raw and what not coming outta college it means its gonna take em a yr or 2 before there playing fantastic football I think its safe to say that if u thought it was gonna take awhile for JPP to be a beast u were simply wrong No big deal though as in your case your right alot more then wrong on draft stuff

I do like bringing up our hits and misses as kinda a in good fun competitve thing between Giants mb draft nuts lol As much time as we put in on this stuff U gotta enjoy being right seeing how its so easy to be wrong lol
    [/quote]Never said awhile I thought it would be year 3 before we saw this kind of production. He would of never played the snaps he had if Kiwi wasnt hurt in Week 3.He as a4th pass rusher playing maybe 20 snaps a game.Instead he got on the field playing twice that.You guys have selective memory but JPP was largley ineffective last year until the end of the season.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!

[/quote]Still dont think im wrong because of the snap totals I was expecting but thanks

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him! Dudes a beast and its not often i see guys who don't have a TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP was one guy i did! Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball? He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has! most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly! Great pick!

[/quote]Never said awhile I thought it would be year 3 before we saw this kind of production. He would of never played the snaps he had if Kiwi wasnt hurt in Week 3.He as a4th pass rusher playing maybe 20 snaps a game.Instead he got on the field playing twice that.You guys have selective memory but JPP was largley ineffective last year until the end of the season.[/quote] U yourself said by week 11 he was figuring it out though So if Kiwi played the first 3wk's it means he wasen't even getting any real snaps untill week 4 and that is only about 7wks before we were seeing solid production! The guy didn't start one game regardless of Kiwi being around or not! You were talking about JPP being ridiculously raw and gonna have to take awhile with any real production before u even knew the situation he was gonna be in So how were u to know he wasen't gonna go somewhere he was gonna be thrown right into the fire anyways? Like a team that didn't have Kiwi Osi and Tuck all ready playing ?
    It just dosen't make sense to me that a guy whos supposedly so raw and gonna need all sorts of time can start producing after like 6-7 weeks? If thats the case i would never worry about a guy being raw or whatever as 7weeks to get results from your investment is nothing Why not just thrown a guy into the fire and let em get his learning period outta the way if its only gonna take such a short time?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I knew Jason pIerre paul's arm length* combined with his athletic ability was gonna be a huge weapon for who ever drafted him!*** Dudes a beast* and its not often i see guys who don't have a* TON of expierence and think there gonna be good rather quickly in the NFL but JPP** was one guy i did!* Becasue of how quickly he produced from his what* 1yr of high school ball to 1yr of Community college to one yr of Bigtime college ball?**** He didn't need any time to pick it up at those levels* and i figured then that he was just one of those rare breeds of player that just has a calling card to play football and picks it up quickly and he has!* most were downright fearful of picking him in RD 1 as they thought he had BUST written all over him**** but because of how quickly he seemed to pick things up at his prior levels***** he grew on me and became a guy i wanted and thought would produce quickly!**** Great pick!
    [/quote]U have to remember JPP struggled for the first 10 games last year.He graded out last year as one of the worst pass rushers in the NFL.*He got way more snaps then he was supposed to because of Kiwis injury.This allowed him to work out the kinks and by week 11 he started to figure it out.Kiwis injury I believe pushed his development a year up. That being said the growth*now *to Year 2 has been staggering. To go from where he was at South Florida to the player that was on the field last night *is insane[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah that was the point of my post.Im saying he had his learning curve push forward by Kiwanukas injury. He wouldnt of played as many snaps last year had Kiwanuka not been injured.Hence he is a year ahead of schedule in his development. The best thing that happened to the Giants was letting him get on the field as much as he did because he learned the speed of the game. This year he came in and took off because he got to play so much last year because Kiwi was gone[/quote] I here ya* but the point is he contributed and played well as a rookie*** Certainly* enough that we could all see this coming clear as day***** I didn't know* the ones who said he was raw and gonna take awhile* meant* it was gonna be a whole 6games or so of his first Regular season lol** To me when someone is supposedly so raw and what not* coming outta college****** it means its gonna take em a yr or 2* before there playing fantastic football****** I think its safe to say* that if u thought it was gonna take awhile for JPP to be a beast*** u were simply wrong**** No big deal though**** as in your case your right alot more then wrong on draft stuff****

I do like bringing up our hits and misses* as kinda* a in good fun competitve thing between Giants mb draft nuts lol** As much time as we put in on this stuff**** U gotta enjoy being right*** seeing how its so easy to be wrong lol
    [/quote]Never said awhile I thought it would be year 3 before we saw this kind of production. He would of never played the snaps he had if Kiwi wasnt hurt in Week 3.He as a*4th pass rusher playing maybe 20 snaps a game.Instead he got on the field playing twice that.You guys have selective memory but JPP was largley ineffective last year until the end of the season.[/quote]* U yourself said by week 11 he was figuring it out though*** So if Kiwi played the first 3wk's** it means he wasen't even getting any real snaps untill week 4* and that is only about 7wks before we were seeing solid production!* The guy didn't start one game regardless of Kiwi being around or not!** You were talking about JPP being ridiculously raw and gonna have to take awhile with any real production before u even knew the situation he was gonna be in***** So how were u to know he wasen't gonna go somewhere he was gonna be thrown right into the fire anyways? Like* a team that didn't have Kiwi Osi and Tuck all ready playing ?***
    *It just dosen't make sense to me that a guy whos supposedly so raw and gonna need all sorts of time can start producing after like 6-7 weeks?* If thats the case* i would never worry about a guy being raw or whatever as 7weeks to get results from your investment is nothing********* Why not just thrown a guy into the fire and let em get his learning period outta the way if its only gonna take such a short time?*
    [/quote] he did have lots of problems against the run which was my actual argument. I never said he couldnt contribute as a situational pass rusher or Blitzer. Either way he has exceeded my expectations to this point.

Im thinking Bobby Wagner may be my number 1 SOLB target for the Giants. Here is a piece from Alo on Draftbreakdown.

http://draftbreakdown.com/getting-to-know-bobby-wagner

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Im thinking Bobby Wagner may be my number 1 SOLB target for the Giants. Here is a piece from Alo on Draftbreakdown.

[/quote] Oh ya! Wagner is Def one of my fave sleepers and alot of Sleepers i like this early before the Draft do end up moving up in the Draft by the time it's here I thought Wagner could slip into the 4/5th rd of the draft back in October and i could easily see him being one of the surprises of the 3rd=4th round this season and outside shot of being this yr's Jonas mouton all though i still see Rd 3-4 more then going as a Top 50 prospect I Think that carmen messina also will be a 4th / early 5th guy at worst To be honest theres alot of solid looking LB prospects in the 3=5 range again this yr I could see a guy like Audie Cole Bobby Wagner Carmen messina Jerry Franklin being guys looked at a few yrs down the road and wondering why they went so late or behind Keenan Robinson or the Acho kid etc etc

Bobby Wagner is gonna be playing Ohio U tommorow by the way

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Redeye,

What corners do you like coming out? And who do you think would be a good fit for us?

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Redeye,

What corners do you like coming out? And who do you think would be a good fit for us?

[/quote] I'll give Redeye a hand on this one because i'm sure hes got a similar list The obvious top guys are Claiborne Kirkpatrick Dennard and Jenkins all though there are 2 guys after that i think are gonna be sensational players and i would not be surprised to see both either in RD 1 or very early RD 2 and if they go later someones getting a steal! Casey Hayward CB Vandy and Chase minnifield CB Virginia Those 2 are the complete package!

heres some guys outside of the TOP 4 and the 2 i mentioned(claiborne kirkpatrick dennard jenkins hayward minnifield)

Stephon Gilmore CB S Carolina
    Jayron Hosley CB Va Tech
    Trumaine Johnson CB/S montana(solid sleeper)
    Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
    Donnie Fletcher CB B College
    Shaun Prater CB Iowa(his teammate micah hyde is a beast but could return)
    Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St( one of my TOP CB SLEEPERS)

Theres about 13 Corners right there with solid potential and i left out a handful of guys who i like as sleepers And i left out Jr's as well
    Donnie Fletcher

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Redeye,

[/quote] I'll give Redeye a hand on this one because i'm sure hes got a similar list The obvious top guys are Claiborne Kirkpatrick Dennard and Jenkins all though there are 2 guys after that i think are gonna be sensational players and i would not be surprised to see both either in RD 1 or very early RD 2 and if they go later someones getting a steal! Casey Hayward CB Vandy and Chase minnifield CB Virginia Those 2 are the complete package!

heres some guys outside of the TOP 4 and the 2 i mentioned(claiborne kirkpatrick dennard jenkins hayward minnifield)

Stephon Gilmore CB S Carolina
    Jayron Hosley CB Va Tech
    Trumaine Johnson CB/S montana(solid sleeper)
    Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
    Donnie Fletcher CB B College
    Shaun Prater CB Iowa(his teammate micah hyde is a beast but could return)
    Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St( one of my TOP CB SLEEPERS)

Theres about 13 Corners right there with solid potential and i left out a handful of guys who i like as sleepers And i left out Jr's as well
    Donnie Fletcher
    [/quote]Hey nycsportzfan, living in SEC country I have seen a lot of Hayward and Boykin as well. I know Vandy is sometimes the forgotten in the SEC but every once in a while, they have a player or 2 that turns some heads. I like what I have seen from Hayward. I'm only an amateur when it comes to viewing talent. But Hayward was 3rd in the SEC in INTs this year and 2nd in passes defensed. I think I read somewhere that he is 2nd all-time for career INTs at Vandy. He is also pretty good in run support and was voted All-SEC 2nd team. Not bad playing in the same conference as Claiborne and Kirkpatrick. You think he would be a possible 3rd or 4th rd draft pick? If so and he is there, I would love to see the Giants grab him.

But Boykin is another CB that I would not mind seeing in a Giants uni next season. He can return kicks as well as being a solid corner. Maybe a 3rd rounder?

Either way, with Ross and Thomas being FAs and Thomas coming off a 2nd acl surgery on the same knee, I think the Gmen should look at some young talent at CB in the draft. I like Claiborne and Kirkpatrick, but like you said they may be gone by the time the Giants pick in the 1st rd. But who knows, right? There are other needs that should be addressed as well. I would be good with a O-line/LB/RB or CB, with the first 3 picks in the 2012 draft for the Giants.

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

+ Reply to Thread