+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 562 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I will put this in the film room thread as wel but just in case U didnt see this

Doug Martin vs Arizona State 2011 "Las Vegas Bowl"

[/quote]

Redeye, whats your thoughts/film on any DE's coming in the draft this year that could fall to the 2nd or 3rd rd.* Obviously you cant see the future, but some guys that could be great value in the 2nd/3rd?

[/quote]Im not really feeling any of these pass rushers to be honest with U.[/quote]Whitney Mercilus looks fantastic! I actually hope we can somehow get him to go with JPP for our future DE tandem. I think Mercilus is the closest thing to JPP since JPP.. I think he rises to far up the draft for us though.. I'm thinking Janoris Jenkins at this point because i expect mercilus, kuechly, richardson and decastro to all be gone by the time we select.. I'm now hoping for Janoris Jenkins, Chase Minnifield, Pete Konz(if he comes out), Dwayne Allen, or Jerel Worthy..[/quote]I havent disagreed with U much this season but I do disagree with U about Mercilus.I dont think he is a bad prospect but I dont see anywhere near the elite level athletic ability JPP possess's .JPP had an insane burst off the line of scrimmage,Mercilus doesnt have that.What is similar about Mercilus and JPP is the motor.Both players play hard dont take plays off and are relentless.I do like that quality about Mercilus. Mercilus isnt so much about elite athleticism but hard work.Mercilus is also pretty well refined as a player.He uses his hands and arms real well. He reminds me more of a Derrick Morgan or Robert Ayers prospect then JPP or Aldon Smith.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I will put this in the film room thread as wel but just in case U didnt see this

[/quote]

Redeye, whats your thoughts/film on any DE's coming in the draft this year that could fall to the 2nd or 3rd rd. Obviously you cant see the future, but some guys that could be great value in the 2nd/3rd?

[/quote]Im not really feeling any of these pass rushers to be honest with U.[/quote]Whitney Mercilus looks fantastic! I actually hope we can somehow get him to go with JPP for our future DE tandem. I think Mercilus is the closest thing to JPP since JPP.. I think he rises to far up the draft for us though.. I'm thinking Janoris Jenkins at this point because i expect mercilus, kuechly, richardson and decastro to all be gone by the time we select.. I'm now hoping for Janoris Jenkins, Chase Minnifield, Pete Konz(if he comes out), Dwayne Allen, or Jerel Worthy..[/quote]I havent disagreed with U much this season but I do disagree with U about Mercilus.I dont think he is a bad prospect but I dont see anywhere near the elite level athletic ability JPP possess's .JPP had an insane burst off the line of scrimmage,Mercilus doesnt have that.What is similar about Mercilus and JPP is the motor.Both players play hard dont take plays off and are relentless.I do like that quality about Mercilus. Mercilus isnt so much about elite athleticism but hard work.Mercilus is also pretty well refined as a player.He uses his hands and arms real well. He reminds me more of a Derrick Morgan or Robert Ayers prospect then JPP or Aldon Smith.[/quote] ya we definetly disagree about Whitney then I see a bit more athletic ability then u do and i think Whitney is one of the bigger risers in this draft and goes in the teens We shall see

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Redeye, whats your thoughts/film on any DE's coming in the draft this year that could fall to the 2nd or 3rd rd. Obviously you cant see the future, but some guys that could be great value in the 2nd/3rd?

[/quote]andre branch from clemson. kids a beast but i think his stock will soar coming up into the draft so not really sure where he'll be.
    [/quote] Andre Branch is another one i really like alot Also i'll add Julian miller to the mix Julian can get after the passer and also line up inside at DT like tuck has done for us throughout his career Vinny Curry is another one who has sky high potential all though i don't like him as much as mercilus branch or miller

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Doug Martin was incredible tonight against ASU would love to draft the Boise State RB[/quote] I've all ready compared him to Ray Rice and i'll stand by that I absoulutley love Doug martin and have for awhile now He can do somany diffrent things for u as well

Didnt say he wouldnt get drafted high.this draft is weak on the defensive side of the ball especially on the line.the guys i mentioned were picked high

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Im not really feeling any of these pass rushers to be honest with U.[/quote]Whitney Mercilus looks fantastic! I actually hope we can somehow get him to go with JPP for our future DE tandem. I think Mercilus is the closest thing to JPP since JPP.. I think he rises to far up the draft for us though.. I'm thinking Janoris Jenkins at this point because i expect mercilus, kuechly, richardson and decastro to all be gone by the time we select.. I'm now hoping for Janoris Jenkins, Chase Minnifield, Pete Konz(if he comes out), Dwayne Allen, or Jerel Worthy..[/quote]I havent disagreed with U much this season but I do disagree with U about Mercilus.I dont think he is a bad prospect but I dont see anywhere near the elite level athletic ability JPP possess's .JPP had an insane burst off the line of scrimmage,Mercilus doesnt have that.What is similar about Mercilus and JPP is the motor.Both players play hard dont take plays off and are relentless.I do like that quality about Mercilus. Mercilus isnt so much about elite athleticism but hard work.Mercilus is also pretty well refined as a player.He uses his hands and arms real well. He reminds me more of a Derrick Morgan or Robert Ayers prospect then JPP or Aldon Smith.[/quote]Got to agree w/ Redeye on Whitney Mercilus. Not a bad prospect, but nowhere near the level of JPP. I actually think Nick Perry of USC is a much better defensive end.

oh wow my man armando allen former ND RB is playing for the bears lol I used to love him with the irish! I thought he'd pan out as a late drafted(i think he went undrafted?) RB who ended up being a good 3rd down back/part time RB for someone lol He hasent done anything but cool to see em anyhow lol

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]andre branch from clemson. kids a beast but i think his stock will soar coming up into the draft so not really sure where he'll be.
    [/quote] Andre Branch is another one i really like alot Also i'll add Julian miller to the mix Julian can get after the passer and also line up inside at DT like tuck has done for us throughout his career Vinny Curry is another one who has sky high potential all though i don't like him as much as mercilus branch or miller
    [/quote]

Mercilus, Branch, and Ingram are 3 guys I definitely would not mind seeing lined up in Blue next season. Ingram kinda reminds me of Tuck (and, like I've said before, I do like watching that SC line play. They're nasty).

Also, call me crazy but I think Jared Crick could be a wildcard. He could be a situational tackle (such as replacing Joseph in more obvious passing situations if you still want to keep some firepower against the run, or lining up outside at end in a heavy line). He's got a strange build for a tackle at 6'6", 285, but damned if he can't crush the QB (or whoever has the ball, really).

He'll probably get drafted as a 5-tech, but I think that with the right DC (Spags... >_>), he could be vicious in a 43.

Veteran

[/quote]

Redeye, whats your thoughts/film on any DE's coming in the draft this year that could fall to the 2nd or 3rd rd.* Obviously you cant see the future, but some guys that could be great value in the 2nd/3rd?

[/quote]Im not really feeling any of these pass rushers to be honest with U.[/quote]Whitney Mercilus looks fantastic! I actually hope we can somehow get him to go with JPP for our future DE tandem. I think Mercilus is the closest thing to JPP since JPP.. I think he rises to far up the draft for us though.. I'm thinking Janoris Jenkins at this point because i expect mercilus, kuechly, richardson and decastro to all be gone by the time we select.. I'm now hoping for Janoris Jenkins, Chase Minnifield, Pete Konz(if he comes out), Dwayne Allen, or Jerel Worthy..[/quote]I havent disagreed with U much this season but I do disagree with U about Mercilus.I dont think he is a bad prospect but I dont see anywhere near the elite level athletic ability JPP possess's .JPP had an insane burst off the line of scrimmage,Mercilus doesnt have that.What is similar about Mercilus and JPP is the motor.Both players play hard dont take plays off and are relentless.I do like that quality about Mercilus. Mercilus isnt so much about elite athleticism but hard work.Mercilus is also pretty well refined as a player.He uses his hands and arms real well. He reminds me more of a Derrick Morgan or Robert Ayers prospect then JPP or Aldon Smith.[/quote]

I feel the same way. The closest thing to JPP since JPP was Aldon Smith. And if we're going to get a DE why don't we just trade Osi and Tuck and sign Mario Williams in free agency? He's a proven vet.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Im not really feeling any of these pass rushers to be honest with U.[/quote]Whitney Mercilus looks fantastic! I actually hope we can somehow get him to go with JPP for our future DE tandem. I think Mercilus is the closest thing to JPP since JPP.. I think he rises to far up the draft for us though.. I'm thinking Janoris Jenkins at this point because i expect mercilus, kuechly, richardson and decastro to all be gone by the time we select.. I'm now hoping for Janoris Jenkins, Chase Minnifield, Pete Konz(if he comes out), Dwayne Allen, or Jerel Worthy..[/quote]I havent disagreed with U much this season but I do disagree with U about Mercilus.I dont think he is a bad prospect but I dont see anywhere near the elite level athletic ability JPP possess's .JPP had an insane burst off the line of scrimmage,Mercilus doesnt have that.What is similar about Mercilus and JPP is the motor.Both players play hard dont take plays off and are relentless.I do like that quality about Mercilus. Mercilus isnt so much about elite athleticism but hard work.Mercilus is also pretty well refined as a player.He uses his hands and arms real well. He reminds me more of a Derrick Morgan or Robert Ayers prospect then JPP or Aldon Smith.[/quote]Got to agree w/ Redeye on Whitney Mercilus. Not a bad prospect, but nowhere near the level of JPP. I actually think Nick Perry of USC is a much better defensive end.
    [/quote] Its fine to dissagree Either way Whitney is gonna be a stud and i think u lead the nation in sacks and forced fumbles when your litteraly the focus of offensive lines unless your very athletic Hes fantastic!

+ Reply to Thread