+ Reply to Thread
Page 274 of 562 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I never did my weekly mock after the JET WIN Here we go! Picking 23rd is what i got us

1 Devon Still DT Penn St- Dudes a beast with a non stop
    motor and great size With Canty getting older and Austin being outta football for 2yrs by the time next season rolls around i think its a good idea taking Still here for his Upside and for the fact we need one more reliable big upside DT for the rotation going forward Still has 17TFL and 4 and a Half Sacks so far

2 Travis Lewis LB Oklaho
    ma- I love Lewis! I think hes gonna be a huge steal if he goes this late in the 2nd round Hes a ALL AROUND LB who makes plays against the run and in the pass game I see a pro bowl in his future

3 Julian
    miller DE W Virginia- Another player i love! Julian reminds me of a young Justin Tuck for his size and Versatility as he lines up inside at DT for the WV club as well JPP and Julian would be a fearsome DUO at End going forward Julian has 11 TFL and 6sacks to go along with 2 FF so far this yr

4 Willia
    m Vlachos C Alabama- A nasty mauling C whos been blocking for 2 rugged smash mouth runners in his time at Bama(ingram and richardson) and we could use a upgrade at C and possible long term answer

5 Tashaun Gipson CB Wyo
    ming- A nice Depth CB who really helps in Run support and has solid size/speed combonation

6 Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky- This kid flat out was W Kent's offense and a bruising workhorse ! A nice kid to take a chance on in RD 6 At worst could be a nice change of pace back and at best u strike lighting in a bottle again(bradshaw being other)

7 Evan Rodriguez TE Te
    mple- Good hands and Solid size Blocked for a great RB DUO at temple while also being one of there bigger threats through the Air albeit they don't air it out at temple Evan has a chance
    [/quote]

Heh I love Still, but he seems to me to be gone before we pick? He would be a perfect fit for us because I dont know if anyone gets more up-the-middle push than he does. I would feel bad for poor QBs who had to step up into the pocket because of Tuck, JPP, Osi only to find Still in your face. The big difference between the now Giants and the 2007 Giants is we dont have that Fred Robbins pocket crumbler. Still will blow up any pocket.

I know we have talked about Lewis. I would love him here. Giants like versatility in LBs. OKlahoma demands the same from its LBs. He is a good player.

All the other picks are good, though I am not in love with some of them as you are. But I wouldnt mind em either. I still think we need to take the TE position more seriously than a 7th rounder. At the very least, we need depth.
    [/quote] I don't know if STILL will be there when we pick? He could be or then again he could be gone I remember we all thought Dan Williams was gonna be gone alot earlier then he went and i think he went pick 23 if i am not mistaken? I think its a toss up right now as to if he still there where i got us pickcing which is pick 23

I thought Linval was gonna get
    more push then he has and thats one of the reasons he was one of my fave prospects when he came out and why i wanted him so badly! Your totally correct as what were missing from our 2007 club Linval and Still would be a beastly duo! Especially if it becomes a Trio and Austin plays well!

I
    m not nessecarily in love with all the picks at the end of the mock its just the way this paticular one worked out We got plenty of positons that are in need of Depth or legit talent but only so many picks U gotta try and fill a few and find a couple diamonds in the ruff later on

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I never did my weekly mock after the JET WIN Here we go! Picking 23rd is what i got us

1 Devon Still DT Penn St- Dudes a beast with a non stop
    motor and great size With Canty getting older and Austin being outta football for 2yrs by the time next season rolls around i think its a good idea taking Still here for his Upside and for the fact we need one more reliable big upside DT for the rotation going forward Still has 17TFL and 4 and a Half Sacks so far

2 Travis Lewis LB Oklaho
    ma- I love Lewis! I think hes gonna be a huge steal if he goes this late in the 2nd round Hes a ALL AROUND LB who makes plays against the run and in the pass game I see a pro bowl in his future

3 Julian
    miller DE W Virginia- Another player i love! Julian reminds me of a young Justin Tuck for his size and Versatility as he lines up inside at DT for the WV club as well JPP and Julian would be a fearsome DUO at End going forward Julian has 11 TFL and 6sacks to go along with 2 FF so far this yr

4 Willia
    m Vlachos C Alabama- A nasty mauling C whos been blocking for 2 rugged smash mouth runners in his time at Bama(ingram and richardson) and we could use a upgrade at C and possible long term answer

5 Tashaun Gipson CB Wyo
    ming- A nice Depth CB who really helps in Run support and has solid size/speed combonation

6 Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky- This kid flat out was W Kent's offense and a bruising workhorse ! A nice kid to take a chance on in RD 6 At worst could be a nice change of pace back and at best u strike lighting in a bottle again(bradshaw being other)

7 Evan Rodriguez TE Te
    mple- Good hands and Solid size Blocked for a great RB DUO at temple while also being one of there bigger threats through the Air albeit they don't air it out at temple Evan has a chance
    [/quote]

Heh I love Still, but he seems to me to be gone before we pick? He would be a perfect fit for us because I dont know if anyone gets more up-the-middle push than he does. I would feel bad for poor QBs who had to step up into the pocket because of Tuck, JPP, Osi only to find Still in your face. The big difference between the now Giants and the 2007 Giants is we dont have that Fred Robbins pocket crumbler. Still will blow up any pocket.

I know we have talked about Lewis. I would love him here. Giants like versatility in LBs K. OKlahoma demands the same from its LBs. He is a good player.

All the other picks are good, though I am not in love with some of them as you are. But I wouldnt mind em either. I still think we need to take the TE position more seriously than a 7th rounder. At the very least, we need depth.
    [/quote] Could u imagine on 3rd and 6 running out a Dline of Tuck miller still and JPP with kiwi blitzing from the LB positon? Beastly!

Some of my favorite Defensive players going at it in there respective bowl games today! U got

Whitney mercilus DE Illinois- Absoulute Stud! Bigtime promise from the kid who leads country in Sacks and FF's!

Casey Hayward CB Vandy- Super Underrated and i think is better prospect and player then guys like Stephon Gilmore and possibly Chase minnifield(who i also love!)

Chase minnifeild CB Virginia

Derek Wolfe DT Cincy- playmaker!

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Some of my favorite Defensive players going at it in there respective bowl games today! U got

Whitney mercilus DE Illinois- Absoulute Stud! Bigtime promise from the kid who leads country in Sacks and FF's!

Casey Hayward CB Vandy- Super Underrated and i think is better prospect and player then guys like Stephon Gilmore and possibly Chase minnifield(who i also love!)

[/quote]

According to McShay, Mercilus is going early 2nd day... So maybe he might not be such a reach at 32nd overall...

(I can only come up with 2 reasons why McShay has him as a 2nd day prospect: 1) McShay's an idiot. 2) the huge jump in sacks from last year to this year might have teams questioning his motor or whatever)

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Some of my favorite Defensive players going at it in there respective bowl games today! U got

[/quote]

According to McShay, Mercilus is going early 2nd day... So maybe he might not be such a reach at 32nd overall...

(I can only come up with 2 reasons why McShay has him as a 2nd day prospect: 1) McShay's an idiot. 2) the huge jump in sacks from last year to this year might have teams questioning his motor or whatever)
    [/quote]First off Mcshay is just a face.Whitney has a good motor,great hands its his athletic ability.He is a Strongside end,He isnt a corner bending edge rusher like Aldon Smith.He looks like a First Rounder for sure though to me

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Some of my favorite Defensive players going at it in there respective bowl games today! U got

[/quote]

[/quote]First off Mcshay is just a face.Whitney has a good motor,great hands its his athletic ability.He is a Strongside end,He isnt a corner bending edge rusher like Aldon Smith.He looks like a First Rounder for sure though to me[/quote]

Myself as well... but like I said, McShay's an idiot (and Kiper is a tool... or is it the other way around?)

By the by, I'm feeling like Landry Jones goes back to school. He just has not ended on a good note, and he could benefit from some polishing (IMO, anyway)

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Some of my favorite Defensive players going at it in there respective bowl games today! U got

[/quote]

[/quote] I got Whitney as a big riser by Draft time and i'd be shocked if hes on the board at pick 21 I see him going within the top 20picks

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Some of my favorite Defensive players going at it in there respective bowl games today! U got

[/quote]

[/quote]First off Mcshay is just a face.Whitney has a good motor,great hands its his athletic ability.He is a Strongside end,He isnt a corner bending edge rusher like Aldon Smith.He looks like a First Rounder for sure though to me[/quote]

Myself as well... but like I said, McShay's an idiot (and Kiper is a tool... or is it the other way around?)

By the by, I'm feeling like Landry Jones goes back to school. He just has not ended on a good note, and he could benefit from some polishing (IMO, anyway)
    [/quote] Landry Jones has Blaine Gabbert written all over him I'm not a big Landry Jones fan and i think Nick Foles has a better chance at being a solid NFL QB then Landry Jones does

As i've said most of this yr and again i feel is true Today Ryan Tannehill not overly impressive against a NW D that is dreadful He let them back in the game and his play has dropped considerbly as the games gone on and with a ridiculous heap of weapons to boot Hes a guy i woulden't touch untill RD3 at the earliest I would rather have Nick Foles I wonder how Foles would be if he were on a good team?

Whitney mercilus is relentless! Hes having a whale of game early in the 2nd qter still All ready got a Sack and a TFL Hes a brut!

+ Reply to Thread