+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 562 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jonathan Banks "Miss St" is returning to school after getting a 4th round grade from the advisory board[/quote] really? Wow i thught banks would be a sure fire 2nd rounder hes really good Fletcher Cox is coming out and is a beast
    [/quote]Montee Ball returning to school

Sanu and Reiff are coming out[/quote] I wonder if the change in Draft pick money is having anything to do with so many retruning players ? How high do u think Brandon Boykin jumped his stock with his bowl game?[/quote]Sorry guys I think I got the Ball rumor from the same tweeter. i saw from a source i trust on there that Ball will decide tomorrow.Also saw that Ronnie Hillman is declaring.Man if all these RB;s come out some are bound slip into the middle rounds.Could get a great back in the 4th Round this year.[/quote] wow if ball and hillman join lamar miller Chris Polk Bernard Pierce Doug martin Isaiah Pead Trent Richardson Lamichael James Terrance Ganaway and Vick Ballard your talking one seriously talented pool of RB's! I would think we could snag Ganaway in RD 4 or at least Ballard for sure if this is the case I gotta say i would not be opposed for taking Lamichael James in RD 2-3 if he were there as well To be honest i'd take any one of those backs i just mentioned and be stoked!
    [/quote]

I agree.

It couldnt come in a better year too. We are due to pay BJ $4.4 mill this spring. With all due respect to BJ and all he has done for us, I just dont see us paying him that type of cash. Miller, Ball, Wilson, Hillman, Polk, Pierce, Pead, TR, LJ are all guys I love. I may expand on that list as I get a better look at some other guys this offseason.

I was also looking at our TE group and currently we have 1 TE(Beckum...ugh) who is signed for next year. I may ned to start looking closer at some of the mid/late round TEs cause it is beginning to seem likely we address that position too.
    [/quote] your right it is a perfect year for a deep RB class for the giants Also Robert Turbin RB Utah St is in the group mentioned(i forgot about him)

Veteran

So, has Ball announced whether or not he's going to return to school?

I do like the way he runs... however, I think Doug Martin would be a phenomenal pickup. His hands would be a boon with how much Eli's throwing to backs/checking down, and just thinking of him running behind Snee and Hynoski brings a smile to my face.

I don't want to rule Jacobs out for next year. I could certainly see him signing a new, more cap friendly contract. Jacobs/Bradshaw/Scott/Martin would make for a filthy backfield.

[quote user="Raptor22"]So, has Ball announced whether or not he's going to return to school?

I do like the way he runs... however, I think Doug Martin would be a phenomenal pickup. His hands would be a boon with how much Eli's throwing to backs/checking down, and just thinking of him running behind Snee and Hynoski brings a smile to my face.

I don't want to rule Jacobs out for next year. I could certainly see him signing a new, more cap friendly contract. Jacobs/Bradshaw/Scott/Martin would make for a filthy backfield.
    [/quote]

I agree Jacobs could renegotiate. The problem is he turns 30 next year, thats well past his prime and usually big men lose skills faster than small guys. Its also a perfect year to bring a guy in now since he would earn the rookie salary(about 1/7th what Jacobs is due) and we would still have Ahmad to help mentor the young guy much liker Jacobs did behind Tiki.

As to Ball. He has not announced. The thing is, with RBs it is so rare that they dont come out due to the nature of the position. Its a fragile position that takes a pounding. He is a potential 1st rounder right now and if he comes back to school then tears up his knee he may end up being a late round pick.

I would be shocked if David Wilson or Monte Ball stayed in school. I would never discourage it for any young man, but its a huge gamble to stay. their stock is likely not going to improve much from now until next year either.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]So, has Ball announced whether or not he's going to return to school?

[/quote]

I agree Jacobs could renegotiate. The problem is he turns 30 next year, thats well past his prime and usually big men lose skills faster than small guys. Its also a perfect year to bring a guy in now since he would earn the rookie salary(about 1/7th what Jacobs is due) and we would still have Ahmad to help mentor the young guy much liker Jacobs did behind Tiki.

As to Ball. He has not announced. The thing is, with RBs it is so rare that they dont come out due to the nature of the position. Its a fragile position that takes a pounding. He is a potential 1st rounder right now and if he comes back to school then tears up his knee he may end up being a late round pick.

I would be shocked if David Wilson or Monte Ball stayed in school. I would never discourage it for any young man, but its a huge gamble to stay. their stock is likely not going to improve much from now until next year either.

[/quote]

Absolutely. I don't see Ball replicating this season next year, and he could take a 2-round tumble. If he's smart he'll come out.

I don't think Jacobs is quite as far past his prime as its made out to be. I think Jacobs has enough left to warrant a new (cheaper) contract. He's still running hard, and if the line gels, he can be effective. Also, on the side of sentimentalism, it'd just kill me to see him in anything other than Giants Blue. He needs to retire a Giant.

Brandon Thompson is the most overrated prospect in the country! Seriously how u could touch this guy before rd 4 is beyond me! I'd rather have Jaye Howard of Florida Thompson never does anything good

Andre Ellington just destroyed Clemson with that fumble at the 1! Just killed em!

wow Clemson has zero poise and a dreaful defense

All-Pro

Like they said during the game, WVU put up lots of yards on LSU this year.

Austin is a really nice player.

Clemson should fire their DC. last year and this year they had guys who were going into the draft hghly rated and yet still, they are routinely terrible on defense.

I have always thought Branch is a bit overrated. I dont think he is bad, I just think his numbers were inflated by the fact that Clemson scores so many points he got a lot of opportunity to passrush. I also see him as being a bit too right arm dependant which hurts his versatility as a pro. He has good qualities too, I just think he is a bit overrated.

NYC, I know your a fan of his. But I am not so convinced.

Wow Clemson just quit after the Ellington fumble.This is pathetic display from the Clemson defense my god.Doesnt even seem like there trying its ridiculous

+ Reply to Thread