+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 562 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]U have a good eye Sportsfan Iloka is an interesting player.With his height he shouldnt be as fluid as he is..He is rather adapt at playing press man coverage. He has some serious upside and could be the answer to the Jimmy Grahams and Rob Gronkowskis that are going to start flooding the NFL. Not the most instinctive safety and has issues in zone coverage but the ability to flip his hips at that size is very intriguing[/quote] Thanks redeye. I agree totally on everything u said about iloka
    [/quote] He'd be a great replacement for Deon Grant(assuming grant retires or is done as a giant)

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Another guy that I like who is super athletic is OLB Dexter Heyman of Louisville. 6'3 240 and runs a 4.5 40. Productive as well 16 TFL 90 tackles and 3 Interceptions. Kinda flying under the radar. Been wanting to make a vid of him but the quality is crap of the good games he has[/quote] I totally agree about Heyman.. Hes the type of guy i could see Reese stealing in the 5th-6th round and turns out to be a solid player

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I get to do at least 2more weekly mocks now that we beat the mighty packers in there house for a trip to the NFC Title Game! Sweet!!!!lol

Lets get to it shall we!

1. Dwayne Allen TE Clemson- Ballards play has fall off lately due to injury and probably a bit of him falling back to earth a bit after a surprising start to his season.. Ballard is worth holding on to and would make a great DUO with Dwayne Allen... Allen would be a monster with the WR's we got and Eli as the QB...

2. Bobby Wagner mlb Utah St- I wondered how he was not being looked at as a earlier round prospect when i started noticing him a bit earlier in the season but it seems hes finally caught on and most have em as a 2nd rounder/ Early 3rd.. With Goff's injury and being a FA its a good idea getting a talented high motor/tackling machine in there.. Wagner is a complete LB who could be on the field for 3downs if need be..

3. Bernard Pierce RB Temple- A perfect fit to replace Brandon Jacobs if we do as i think and hes not retained for the 2012 season.. Pierce is a rugged between the tackles runner who can kick it outside on occasion and bust big runs by breaking tackles and showing great balance.. Pierce was my Favorite back coming into this season but with the talent pool of backs hes fell just a tad in my personal rankings but is still up there enough to love what he offers as a late 3rd round RB..

4.George Iloka S Boise St-
    A very athletic and tall and rangy Safety who could be a steal in the RD 4 range.. Were a KP or Rolle injury away from having Sash starting and that is a uncertainty.. Iloka would give us Depth with the possiblity of more down the line.. Chad Jones is obviously still very much a unknown..

5. Eric Page WR Toledo- If we lose manningham we could use another WR to help with depth and challenge Jerrell Jerrnigan and the others who are here.. Page has great hands and is a versatile type WR who can do alot of diffrent things for you..

6. Derek Dennis G Temple- With Diehl likely in his last season with us afd Petrus having mixed results so far this pick makes sense and Dennis helped block for a terrific running team and has a big body and a few tools to offer a team..

7. Garth Gerhart C Arizona St- Another late rd lineman as in this mock i went in a diffrent direction so adding a couple interior lineman late trying to find a GEm is the strategy.. Gerhart is pretty good and i woulden't be surprised if he did as good as some early round C's in this draft
    [/quote]

I feel dirty this year. It appears we are in agreement too much on too many players and what this team needs. I am going to take a shower=)
    [/quote] Your not fully clean untill your zestfully clean!!!lol

WesBunting Wesley Bunting
    Biggest winners from the #shrinegame so far this week are...#USC DT DaJohn Harris, explosive, powerful when plays low tough block

Watched this guy in September and knew he was going to be loved by Scouts. Guys that big 6'4 310 and collapse the pocket are in high demand. His numbers arent mind blowing but he is disruptive in ways that dont always show up on the stat sheet. When U pressure QB's up the middle force bad throws and cause sacks for his teammates

All-Pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Yep here it is [link]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/17/likely-first-round-pick-dre-kirkpatrick-arrested-for-marijuana-possession/[/link] Dre Kirkpatrick arrested for weed great timing kid[/quote]

Hell yea, anything that will potentially push a top corner further back helps us.

All-Pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]U have a good eye Sportsfan Iloka is an interesting player.With his height he shouldnt be as fluid as he is..He is rather adapt at playing press man coverage. He has some serious upside and could be the answer to the Jimmy Grahams and Rob Gronkowskis that are going to start flooding the NFL. Not the most instinctive safety and has issues in zone coverage but the ability to flip his hips at that size is very intriguing[/quote]

It's going to be borderline impossible to find guys to match up with gronk and graham etc. Even Patrick Willis was getting eaten up by Graham, and I don't think I need to detail Willis' athletic prowess. If there's a guy out there that you think can match up with these talented TEs you have to take him.

[quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]U have a good eye Sportsfan Iloka is an interesting player.With his height he shouldnt be as fluid as he is..He is rather adapt at playing press man coverage. He has some serious upside and could be the answer to the Jimmy Grahams and Rob Gronkowskis that are going to start flooding the NFL. Not the most instinctive safety and has issues in zone coverage but the ability to flip his hips at that size is very intriguing[/quote]

It's going to be borderline impossible to find guys to match up with gronk and graham etc. Even Patrick Willis was getting eaten up by Graham, and I don't think I need to detail Willis' athletic prowess. If there's a guy out there that you think can match up with these talented TEs you have to take him.

[/quote] All u can do is keep trying to find guys who seem at least capable to contain those guys and on occasion come up with the big play on defense.. I'll tell ya what our safety duo is really playing good right now but again we need depth and i'd imagine Deon Grant is set to retire after the season

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]WesBunting Wesley Bunting
    Biggest winners from the #shrinegame so far this week are...#USC DT DaJohn Harris, explosive, powerful when plays low tough block

Watched this guy in September and knew he was going to be loved by Scouts. Guys that big 6'4 310 and collapse the pocket are in high demand. His numbers arent mind blowing but he is disruptive in ways that dont always show up on the stat sheet. When U pressure QB's up the middle force bad throws and cause sacks for his teammates[/quote] Ya i don't know much about em but certainly have noticed him on some prospect rankings around the web..

All-Pro

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="lawl"]

[/quote] All u can do is keep trying to find guys who seem at least capable to contain those guys and on occasion come up with the big play on defense.. I'll tell ya what our safety duo is really playing good right now but again we need depth and i'd imagine Deon Grant is set to retire after the season
    [/quote]

I agree. A quality 3rd safety is a vital cog in our defense.

All I keep seeing is rave reviews about Coastal Carolina CB Josh Norman from the Shrine Bowl practices.
    Most are saying Dajohn Harris and Marc Tyler are the 2 best players there

+ Reply to Thread