+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 562 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Veteran

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Very solid draft. I love Martin in the 2nd. But I just don't see Allen falling to US in the 1st. I don't see him making it past the Broncos at 25.

Also, how do you feel about Audie Cole in the 3rd? Might need a bit of luck to land him there if he has anything like a good combine. I just love his frame and explosiveness. He needs mass and seasoning, but the way he moves and hits kinda reminds me of a poor man's (white) Patrick Willis.

[quote user="Raptor22"]Very solid draft. I love Martin in the 2nd. But I just don't see Allen falling to US in the 1st. I don't see him making it past the Broncos at 25.

Also, how do you feel about Audie Cole in the 3rd? Might need a bit of luck to land him there if he has anything like a good combine. I just love his frame and explosiveness. He needs mass and seasoning, but the way he moves and hits kinda reminds me of a poor man's (white) Patrick Willis.[/quote]I think Audie Cole will end up as a 3-4 SOLB . He rushes the passer well can cover the short zone. Could be a good fit for the Giants as a SOLB.He isnt a MLB though.

[quote user="Raptor22"]Very solid draft. I love Martin in the 2nd. But I just don't see Allen falling to US in the 1st. I don't see him making it past the Broncos at 25.

Also, how do you feel about Audie Cole in the 3rd? Might need a bit of luck to land him there if he has anything like a good combine. I just love his frame and explosiveness. He needs mass and seasoning, but the way he moves and hits kinda reminds me of a poor man's (white) Patrick Willis.[/quote] Allen could certainly be gone or another guy could drop that the broncos didn't expect which changes there pick to whoever that is.. Allen is teetering on the late 1st/early 2nd rd as of now and as u know the draft is very hard to perdict so when talking about late 1st round guys they very well could either be gone or other guys could drop and the whole thing gets flipped around as far as what u were expecting.. So i actually think Allen has a chance based on that alone of falling to us.. I love Audie Cole and if hes around in RD 3 for us i'd definetly take a look if i was the Giants.. I woulden't be upset if they took em in RD 2.. Thanks for the input!

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Very solid draft. I love Martin in the 2nd. But I just don't see Allen falling to US in the 1st. I don't see him making it past the Broncos at 25.

Also, how do you feel about Audie Cole in the 3rd? Might need a bit of luck to land him there if he has anything like a good combine. I just love his frame and explosiveness. He needs mass and seasoning, but the way he moves and hits kinda reminds me of a poor man's (white) Patrick Willis.[/quote]* Allen could certainly be gone or another guy could drop that the broncos didn't expect which changes there pick to whoever that is..* Allen is teetering on the late 1st/early 2nd rd* as of now** and as u know the draft is very hard to perdict* so when talking about late 1st round guys* they very well could either be gone or other guys could drop and the whole thing gets flipped around** as far as what u were expecting.. So i actually think Allen has a chance based on that alone* of falling to us..* I love Audie Cole** and if hes around in RD 3 for us** i'd definetly take a look if i was the Giants..* I woulden't be upset if they took em in RD 2..* Thanks for the input!
    [/quote]

Any time. And I can definitely see both scenarios... if.Allen's there I hope JR sprints to the podium (unless there's somebody there who they NEVER expected to be sitting there, like Kuechly or the like)

That's one thing I love about the draft, you can analyze every scenario, every angle, and still be blown away on draft day. There's ALWAYS a gem that falls through the cracks and has no business sitting there.

At least we know we have a GM who's 'heads up' enough and not so myopic that he'll gladly take advantage.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Very solid draft. I love Martin in the 2nd. But I just don't see Allen falling to US in the 1st. I don't see him making it past the Broncos at 25.

Also, how do you feel about Audie Cole in the 3rd? Might need a bit of luck to land him there if he has anything like a good combine. I just love his frame and explosiveness. He needs mass and seasoning, but the way he moves and hits kinda reminds me of a poor man's (white) Patrick Willis.[/quote] Allen could certainly be gone or another guy could drop that the broncos didn't expect which changes there pick to whoever that is.. Allen is teetering on the late 1st/early 2nd rd as of now and as u know the draft is very hard to perdict so when talking about late 1st round guys they very well could either be gone or other guys could drop and the whole thing gets flipped around as far as what u were expecting.. So i actually think Allen has a chance based on that alone of falling to us.. I love Audie Cole and if hes around in RD 3 for us i'd definetly take a look if i was the Giants.. I woulden't be upset if they took em in RD 2.. Thanks for the input!
    [/quote]

Any time. And I can definitely see both scenarios... if.Allen's there I hope JR sprints to the podium (unless there's somebody there who they NEVER expected to be sitting there, like Kuechly or the like)

That's one thing I love about the draft, you can analyze every scenario, every angle, and still be blown away on draft day. There's ALWAYS a gem that falls through the cracks and has no business sitting there.

At least we know we have a GM who's 'heads up' enough and not so myopic that he'll gladly take advantage.[/quote] Look at Prince Amukumura just last yr.. No one thought he'd be around when we picked.. In fact it would of been almost laughable if u even considered it or put em as our 1st rd pick in a mock..lol

One thing we certainly need is SPEED at the RB positon and unless were groo
    ming Dar'el Scott then we gotta get that this offseason and i woulden't put David Wilson outta the realm of possiblities for us at the END of RD 1.. Its just ridiculously hard to perdict the draft let alone when your picking at the very end of RD 1..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] One thing we certainly need is SPEED at the RB positon* and unless were grooming Dar'el Scott* then we gotta get that this offseason and i woulden't put* David Wilson outta the realm of possiblities for us at the END of RD 1..*** Its just ridiculously hard to perdict the draft** let alone when your picking at the very end of RD 1..
    [/quote]

I'm taking a look at Isaiah Pead from Cincy. Da'rel Scott has undeniable straight line speed, but I just haven't seen a quickness in his cut to make him a successful NFL running back.

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] One thing we certainly need is SPEED at the RB positon and unless were grooming Dar'el Scott then we gotta get that this offseason and i woulden't put David Wilson outta the realm of possiblities for us at the END of RD 1.. Its just ridiculously hard to perdict the draft let alone when your picking at the very end of RD 1..
    [/quote]

I'm taking a look at Isaiah Pead from Cincy. Da'rel Scott has undeniable straight line speed, but I just have seen a quickness in his cut to make him a successful NFL running back.[/quote] Ya Pead was a guy i raved about going into this past college season and he certainly lived up to my hype.. Hes got great balance and can make the highlight real runs and also catch the ball well.. The RB class is very deep.. I really hope we get one of the guys out there.. Weather its adding a battering ram to litterally try and replace BJ with a similar back(u think Robert Turbin/Terrance Ganaway/ Chris Polk/bernard pierce) or a speedster who can bring a diffrent element to our backfield(u think lamichael james/ David Wilson/Doug martin/ Isaiah Pead) i'm fine with either idea.. I personally would like the Speed and "break a big one" back to be added that also can catch but i'm totally ok with a Terrance ganaway type back being added if thats the way the FO goes.. We definetly need a fresh take at the RB positon and a pair of legs that aren't beat on..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Im telling you, if Fleener has the frame to add another 20-30 pounds. He is going to be a beast in the nfl.[/quote] I coulden't agree more.. I think Fleener is gonna be a stud but Allen has that all around TE frame all ready and can beat u deep and short as well as block.. I love both TE's but Allen has a more complete TE skill set in my opinion.. I think Allen could end up being a Antonio Gates type talent..
    [/quote]
    Im a huge Fleener fan too. I love the system experience he has too.

I think Slip nailed it on him. All he needs is a lil mass and he is a perfect fit for us.

Heres some ridiculously good info "LIVE" from the sr bowl from the boys over at walter football.. They have great insight and are alot closer to the players then some around here give credit for as they go to the sr bowl and combine .. They even let us know what teams are talking to who albeit in the very early stages.. my guy Doug martin was said to be super ripped and i really think that kids gonna be special! Also Gerrell Robinson WR Arz St tore it up yesterday beating a handful of soon to be NFL CB's.. His stock has to be on the rise.. Casey Hayward also was said to be ripped and as a guy i've raved about u add in a good physique with awesome on field play both against the run and pass in the tough SEC and i just don't see how its possible he dosen't get into the 2nd rd and possibly the 1st by Draft time.. I wonder if Janoris Jenkins HT is gonna hurt him? Also i was bummed to see Bobby Wagners HT only at 6ft.. I really like him a ton! Anyhow take alook at all this info its some great reading!
    A list of teams and prospects that met with each other after Monday's Senior Bowl practice.

2012 Senior Bowl Rumor Mill - 1/23

2012 Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. Find out which quarterback the Redskins spent a lot of time with.

2012 Senior Bowl Weigh-In Analysis - 1/23

We have the measurements, but how did each prospect look at the weigh-in? Who needs to hit the gym?

2012 Senior Bowl Practice Report - 1/23

My 2012 Senior Bowl Practice Report from Monday with outside analysis.e

probably my top "sleeper" as i seen and learned more about Leonard Johnson as the yr went on he is now rising up draft boards and u would be hard pressed to find him any further down then RD 3 and still rising! mayock compares to Brandon Flowers and i can see the same type of shutdown Corner as flowers when i watch Johnson as well.. Hes got everything u want in a CB Size and Speed wise and should be a heck of a man cover corner in the NFL.. Keep a eye on Johnson as a possible 2nd rd pick when said and done..
    Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State

One corner Mike Mayock likes is Leonard Johnson. Mayock compared Johnson
    to Brandon Flowers. The Iowa State product was beat once in the
    one-on-one drills, but getting heavy praise like that from Mayock has to
    give his stock a slight boost.

+ Reply to Thread