+ Reply to Thread
Page 305 of 562 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres some ridiculously good info "LIVE" from the sr bowl from the boys over at walter football.. They have great insight and are alot closer to the players then some around here give credit for as they go to the sr bowl and combine .. They even let us know what teams are talking to who albeit in the very early stages.. my guy Doug martin was said to be super ripped and i really think that kids gonna be special! Also Gerrell Robinson WR Arz St tore it up yesterday beating a handful of soon to be NFL CB's.. His stock has to be on the rise.. Casey Hayward also was said to be ripped and as a guy i've raved about u add in a good physique with awesome on field play both against the run and pass in the tough SEC and i just don't see how its possible he dosen't get into the 2nd rd and possibly the 1st by Draft time.. I wonder if Janoris Jenkins HT is gonna hurt him? Also i was bummed to see Bobby Wagners HT only at 6ft.. I really like him a ton! Anyhow take alook at all this info its some great reading!
    A list of teams and prospects that met with each other after Monday's Senior Bowl practice.

2012 Senior Bowl Rumor Mill - 1/23

2012 Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. Find out which quarterback the Redskins spent a lot of time with.

2012 Senior Bowl Weigh-In Analysis - 1/23

We have the measurements, but how did each prospect look at the weigh-in? Who needs to hit the gym?

2012 Senior Bowl Practice Report - 1/23

My 2012 Senior Bowl Practice Report from Monday with outside analysis.e
    [/quote]

Nyc, you mention a guy I absolutely want in Blue next year, Gerell Robinson. WR will only be a need if we lose Mario but Robinson has it all. He gets a little lazy at times which may be his only issue. He is big, has good speed and good hands. I can see us grabbing him in the 3rd or 4th round and that will be a steal IMO. Also, is it me or is Matt McCants a Will Beatty clone in terms of physique and ability. Before the draft, Beatty was listed at about 295 and then showed up to the combine at about 310. His stock rose to the point that we took him in Rd 2. I can see McCants going around the same time. Just a thought.
    [/quote] Good comparison with Beatty and mccants.. But Beatty actually was thought to be a possible late 1st rd pick by some well before the draft and kinda fell to the end of the 2nd round.. But he definetly got there with the same attributes that mccants seems to have and its not surprising to see mccants now get in that 2nd round conversation with a very outside shot at very late 1st depending on his combine.. When u have Tackles with mcants upside and athletic ability its just a matter of time before they start rising and rising and the only way it gets hurt is if they screw themselves in these postseason all star games and combine.. I don't think Beatty really lit the world on fire at the combine if i remember correctly? Hence why i think he fell to us all the way at the end of RD 2.. Fair? Probably not but in todays NFL that combine holds a bit to much weight

I also agree about Gerrell Robinson.. Its kinda funny because when u watch him play and see his size and ability u kinda just wait to here what were hering now and that is that hes pretty good...lol I swear every yr i see a TON of these guys during the season perdicted to go in these crazy high rounds of the draft or not get talked about as any kinda serious prospect and i just sit back and wait for the RISE to take place...lol I said quite awhile ago that Whitney mercilus was gonna Rise in this yrs draft to being picked in the top 20 and now i look at mocks and see him gone by a Ton of people before pick 20 or at pick 20..lol Doug martin Casey Hayward Leonard Johnson and Bobby Wagner are guys that i felt similarly about and now u see em all in the RD 2 area
    [/quote]

You could be right but I could swear that Beatty was originally thought to be around a late 3rd-early 4th before the draft process began. I could be wrong. Either way, they are similar to me in their abilities.
    As an ASU college football fan, I saw a lot of Robinson. He has what a pro WR needs. Size, good speed, and YAC ability. He was projected somewhere around the 4th and 5th on most sites but I can see him moving into the last 2nd-early 3rd conversation.
    I am also very high now on Lavonte David. I know he is undersized but he is a playmaker at the LB position. A good fit for our D as well.

[quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres some ridiculously good info "LIVE" from the sr bowl from the boys over at walter football.. They have great insight and are alot closer to the players then some around here give credit for as they go to the sr bowl and combine .. They even let us know what teams are talking to who albeit in the very early stages.. my guy Doug martin was said to be super ripped and i really think that kids gonna be special! Also Gerrell Robinson WR Arz St tore it up yesterday beating a handful of soon to be NFL CB's.. His stock has to be on the rise.. Casey Hayward also was said to be ripped and as a guy i've raved about u add in a good physique with awesome on field play both against the run and pass in the tough SEC and i just don't see how its possible he dosen't get into the 2nd rd and possibly the 1st by Draft time.. I wonder if Janoris Jenkins HT is gonna hurt him? Also i was bummed to see Bobby Wagners HT only at 6ft.. I really like him a ton! Anyhow take alook at all this info its some great reading!
    A list of teams and prospects that met with each other after Monday's Senior Bowl practice.

2012 Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. Find out which quarterback the Redskins spent a lot of time with.

We have the measurements, but how did each prospect look at the weigh-in? Who needs to hit the gym?

[/quote]

Nyc, you mention a guy I absolutely want in Blue next year, Gerell Robinson. WR will only be a need if we lose Mario but Robinson has it all. He gets a little lazy at times which may be his only issue. He is big, has good speed and good hands. I can see us grabbing him in the 3rd or 4th round and that will be a steal IMO. Also, is it me or is Matt McCants a Will Beatty clone in terms of physique and ability. Before the draft, Beatty was listed at about 295 and then showed up to the combine at about 310. His stock rose to the point that we took him in Rd 2. I can see McCants going around the same time. Just a thought.
    [/quote] Good comparison with Beatty and mccants.. But Beatty actually was thought to be a possible late 1st rd pick by some well before the draft and kinda fell to the end of the 2nd round.. But he definetly got there with the same attributes that mccants seems to have and its not surprising to see mccants now get in that 2nd round conversation with a very outside shot at very late 1st depending on his combine.. When u have Tackles with mcants upside and athletic ability its just a matter of time before they start rising and rising and the only way it gets hurt is if they screw themselves in these postseason all star games and combine.. I don't think Beatty really lit the world on fire at the combine if i remember correctly? Hence why i think he fell to us all the way at the end of RD 2.. Fair? Probably not but in todays NFL that combine holds a bit to much weight

I also agree about Gerrell Robinson.. Its kinda funny because when u watch him play and see his size and ability u kinda just wait to here what were hering now and that is that hes pretty good...lol I swear every yr i see a TON of these guys during the season perdicted to go in these crazy high rounds of the draft or not get talked about as any kinda serious prospect and i just sit back and wait for the RISE to take place...lol I said quite awhile ago that Whitney mercilus was gonna Rise in this yrs draft to being picked in the top 20 and now i look at mocks and see him gone by a Ton of people before pick 20 or at pick 20..lol Doug martin Casey Hayward Leonard Johnson and Bobby Wagner are guys that i felt similarly about and now u see em all in the RD 2 area
    [/quote]

You could be right but I could swear that Beatty was originally thought to be around a late 3rd-early 4th before the draft process began. I could be wrong. Either way, they are similar to me in their abilities.
    As an ASU college football fan, I saw a lot of Robinson. He has what a pro WR needs. Size, good speed, and YAC ability. He was projected somewhere around the 4th and 5th on most sites but I can see him moving into the last 2nd-early 3rd conversation.
    I am also very high now on Lavonte David. I know he is undersized but he is a playmaker at the LB position. A good fit for our D as well.
    [/quote] Well Beatty was a late bloomer and it took awhile for people to catch on( i actuall knew nothing about em till late in the season when i started seeing his name pop up in the 2nd rd) and then before u knew it he was quickly perdicted as a late 1st round/ early 2nd round prospect heading into the draft and for some reason feel to us suprisingly at the very end of RD 2.. I just remember seeing Beatty as a 1st rounder for awhile to the point it shocked me more that he was around when we picked then it would of if he wasen't...

Lavonte David is a guy who certainly would help with out overall team speed on Defense but Jaquain Williams seems to be doing just fine right now and i would think is in our plans as the Future WLB for us at least going into next yr... I would be surprised if we went WLB in the early rounds with the emergence of the still getting better Jaquain Williams.. I actually think Jaquain could of been a 2nd rd pick this yr had he stayed at USF .. The only reason he was around so late is that he didn't have a big enough body of work and had he stayed one more yr it would of been big enough and he'd of been a sure fire 2nd rounder(i think).. So really we got a 2nd rd pick a yr early lol

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres some ridiculously good info "LIVE" from the sr bowl from the boys over at walter football.. They have great insight and are alot closer to the players then some around here give credit for as they go to the sr bowl and combine .. They even let us know what teams are talking to who albeit in the very early stages.. my guy Doug martin was said to be super ripped and i really think that kids gonna be special! Also Gerrell Robinson WR Arz St tore it up yesterday beating a handful of soon to be NFL CB's.. His stock has to be on the rise.. Casey Hayward also was said to be ripped and as a guy i've raved about u add in a good physique with awesome on field play both against the run and pass in the tough SEC and i just don't see how its possible he dosen't get into the 2nd rd and possibly the 1st by Draft time.. I wonder if Janoris Jenkins HT is gonna hurt him? Also i was bummed to see Bobby Wagners HT only at 6ft.. I really like him a ton! Anyhow take alook at all this info its some great reading!

[/quote]

Glad to see one of my targets doing good:

"Washington offensive tackle Senio Kelemete won two reps against Penn
    State defensive end Jack Crawford. The first rep saw Kelemete stop a
    bull rush dead on. The second attempt was a speed rush that Kelemete
    mirrored well."

I also expect some good reviews of Dequan Menzie to be coming soon. Really want to get this guy.

I really, really like this George Iloka kid.

[quote user="slipknottin"]I really, really like this George Iloka kid.[/quote]i started to cut up some games of him but it doesnt do any justice because I can only see him like 15 snaps

[quote user="slipknottin"]I really, really like this George Iloka kid.[/quote]If he runs a 4.4 at that size he very well could go late first round in this draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]I really, really like this George Iloka kid.[/quote]If he runs a 4.4 at that size he very well could go late first round in this draft[/quote]

I think he goes 2nd. If hes there at the giants pick in the 2nd I think its an easy decision.

This, IMO, is the guy you want to cover the Gronks/Grahams of the world.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]I really, really like this George Iloka kid.[/quote]If he runs a 4.4 at that size he very well could go late first round in this draft[/quote]

I think he goes 2nd. If hes there at the giants pick in the 2nd I think its an easy decision.

This, IMO, is the guy you want to cover the Gronks/Grahams of the world.[/quote]Its a need for the Giants. can fill that spot when Chad Jones went down

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]I really, really like this George Iloka kid.[/quote]If he runs a 4.4 at that size he very well could go late first round in this draft[/quote]

This, IMO, is the guy you want to cover the Gronks/Grahams of the world.[/quote]Its a need for the Giants. can fill that spot when Chad Jones went down[/quote]

Scouting report per National Football Post:

A tall, long limbed safety prospect who possesses good body
    control/balance for a defensive back his size. He keeps his feet under
    him in coverage, is patient in his drop and does a nice job keeping his
    pad level down when asked to turn and run. Obviously it takes him a bit
    to get back up to full speed, but he plays like a 4.5 guy when asked to
    turn, run and track the football. Iloka will waste a step when trying to
    re-direct and get out of his breaks in tight areas. He doesn't need to
    chop his feet, but isn't as clean as you would like from a free safety
    trying to get in and out of his breaks. He'll line up in the slot and
    play some press man at times, using his length well to re-route
    receivers and stay low in his drop. To his credit, once he collects
    himself he does have a burst when closing on the football. Instincts and
    overall feel of reading routes and feeling receivers around him are
    only average, can be late to react to the throw at times. However,
    because of his coverage ability -has experience playing corner at the
    college level- looks like a guy who can be physical with a tight end off
    the snap and stay in his back pocket at the next level.

He
    showcases good thump as a tackler using his length well to wrap, but he
    doesn't consistently finish on the play. He struggles with balance at
    times when asked to break down and doesn't change directions well at
    full speed when attacking downhill. He will take some poor angles and
    get side stepped in space and at times. And his angles in the box can be
    suspect.

Impression: Iloka is a tall kid with solid balance for
    his size and has some natural athleticism and pop. Has experience
    playing corner and being a physical press coverage man. However, he
    isn't a guy who can quickly re-direct and close on the football in the
    deep half. He needs to play with his hands on defenders, but is a more
    coordinated bigger safety than say Seahawks starter Kam Chancellor and
    he could start at the next level.

Bench Player

tj graham is said to have poor hands. pure speed guy. much better returner than wideout.
    doug martin is said not to be a good blocker.
    i would look for chris polk in the 2nd round, he is the best all around rb after richardson.

+ Reply to Thread