+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 562 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Usually guys that play the ball well get there hand on a pass once and awhile[/quote]

he has for his career 7 interceptions and 24 pass breakups.[/quote] Not much going on this year though. Most of those numbers came his freshman year

I still have his 2010 game vs Nevada. I want to see if he matches up with Virgil green any

[quote user="Redeyejedi"] Not much going on this year though. Most of those numbers came his freshman year

I still have his 2010 game vs Nevada. I want to see if he matches up with Virgil green any[/quote]

Yea, I wonder if he was doing different things...
    IE- I know he was actually playing a bit of corner earlier in his college career, maybe as he got older they moved him more and more to deep third, where you just dont get as many opportunities to get your hands on the ball, especially if teams respect you and try to keep it away from you.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

Cant say I agree with that. He can play the ball in the air, takes good angles. He played deep safety almost every snap in college.[/quote]

All the reports I am seeing say he has been among the best zone Dbs at the senior bowl, if not the best.

Kendall Reyes is making noise at the sr bowl from what i've read.. Hes a guy that made some noise early on this season and got his stock going pretty good and then u kinda stopped hering about em and now hes getting his stock back up there.. I woulden't be surprised if he ends up going very early 3rd rd..

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

Cant say I agree with that. He can play the ball in the air, takes good angles. He played deep safety almost every snap in college.[/quote]

All the reports I am seeing say he has been among the best zone Dbs at the senior bowl, if not the best.
    [/quote] I read he got smoked by Umass FB/TE Emil Igwenagu on one play..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]
    His 1v1 cover skills arent as good as his zone. I have read that a couple times. But, most agree that is expected out of a 6'4 guy.

Evey db gets beaten too.

I just think a guy like this is interesting. The new stiffer rules on DBs and playing physical, combined with the rules which discourage the "enforcer" type safety I do think teams will start seeking out rangey guys who fill and block passing lanes. If this kid is capable of moving around back there at 6'4 he is going to be 1 tough SoB to throw over.

I wasnt really expecting much from him coming into the senior bowl. But, he is 1 of the guys I keep reading about.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"] Not much going on this year though. Most of those numbers came his freshman year

I still have his 2010 game vs Nevada. I want to see if he matches up with Virgil green any[/quote]

Yea, I wonder if he was doing different things...
    IE- I know he was actually playing a bit of corner earlier in his college career, maybe as he got older they moved him more and more to deep third, where you just dont get as many opportunities to get your hands on the ball, especially if teams respect you and try to keep it away from you.[/quote]I may be getting a different impression because im watching the last 3 games with him playing mostly CB .He played well in man coverage against ASU.He got matched up with Gerrel Robinson a few times. Anyway if he is doing different things in 2010 that will be even better. Can get a real good feel for his overall game.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]* I read he got smoked by Umass FB/TE Emil Igwenagu on one play..**
    [/quote]
    His 1v1 cover skills arent as good as his zone. I have read that a couple times. But, most agree that is expected out of a 6'4 guy.

Evey db gets beaten too.

I just think a guy like this is interesting. The new stiffer rules on DBs and playing physical, combined with the rules which discourage the "enforcer" type safety I do think teams will start seeking out rangey guys who fill and block passing lanes. If this kid is capable of moving around back there at 6'4 he is going to be 1 tough SoB to throw over.

I wasnt really expecting much from him coming into the senior bowl. But, he is 1 of the guys I keep reading about.
    [/quote]Ive seen playing of guys talk about him from his tape being slow on breaking on the ball and taking poor angles. I have a few Boise State games from 2010 and earlier in the year im going to go through them.Ive been watching the latest ones with him playing mostly CB.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]Im not at the Senior Bowl. Im talking about what Ive seen during games.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]

Evey db gets beaten too.

[/quote] I read one report saying he might end up being a LB/S hybrid . I mocked em to us to fill the roll of Deon Grant which i think he'd do great job of.. Do u have any clue what the big diffrence is between Iloka and last yrs similar player Robert Sands? Does Iloka fall into that category or that of Kenny Tate?

+ Reply to Thread