+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 562 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

Cant say I agree with that. He can play the ball in the air, takes good angles. He played deep safety almost every snap in college.[/quote]

All the reports I am seeing say he has been among the best zone Dbs at the senior bowl, if not the best.
    [/quote]* I read he got smoked by Umass FB/TE Emil Igwenagu on one play..**
    [/quote]
    His 1v1 cover skills arent as good as his zone. I have read that a couple times. But, most agree that is expected out of a 6'4 guy.

Evey db gets beaten too.

I just think a guy like this is interesting. The new stiffer rules on DBs and playing physical, combined with the rules which discourage the "enforcer" type safety I do think teams will start seeking out rangey guys who fill and block passing lanes. If this kid is capable of moving around back there at 6'4 he is going to be 1 tough SoB to throw over.

I wasnt really expecting much from him coming into the senior bowl. But, he is 1 of the guys I keep reading about.
    [/quote]* I read one report saying he might end up being a** LB/S hybrid .* I mocked em to us** to fill the roll of Deon Grant* which i think he'd do great job of..** Do u have any clue what the big diffrence is between* Iloka and last yrs* similar player* Robert Sands?*** Does Iloka fall into that category or that of Kenny Tate?
    [/quote]
    Not Kenny Tate.Tate played close to the line of scrimmage a lot.Slip seemed to know some about Sands maybe he knows if there similar

Sands played all over, but he didnt have the agility, or foot speed to cover anyone one on one.

Now-a-days the safetys need that capability.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

Cant say I agree with that. He can play the ball in the air, takes good angles. He played deep safety almost every snap in college.[/quote]

All the reports I am seeing say he has been among the best zone Dbs at the senior bowl, if not the best.
    [/quote] I read he got smoked by Umass FB/TE Emil Igwenagu on one play..
    [/quote]
    His 1v1 cover skills arent as good as his zone. I have read that a couple times. But, most agree that is expected out of a 6'4 guy.

Evey db gets beaten too.

I just think a guy like this is interesting. The new stiffer rules on DBs and playing physical, combined with the rules which discourage the "enforcer" type safety I do think teams will start seeking out rangey guys who fill and block passing lanes. If this kid is capable of moving around back there at 6'4 he is going to be 1 tough SoB to throw over.

I wasnt really expecting much from him coming into the senior bowl. But, he is 1 of the guys I keep reading about.
    [/quote] I read one report saying he might end up being a LB/S hybrid . I mocked em to us to fill the roll of Deon Grant which i think he'd do great job of.. Do u have any clue what the big diffrence is between Iloka and last yrs similar player Robert Sands? Does Iloka fall into that category or that of Kenny Tate?
    [/quote]
    Not Kenny Tate.Tate played close to the line of scrimmage a lot.Slip seemed to know some about Sands maybe he knows if there similar[/quote]Hate to toot my own horn, but I was spot on when talking about Robert Sands and what round he'll be drafted in. Now continue the Iloka talk fellas

I would not be shocked at all if the Giants selected him. he is right up there alley. Long athletic players are all over the Giants defense. there the tallest defense in the NFL

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]

Evey db gets beaten too.

[/quote] I read one report saying he might end up being a LB/S hybrid . I mocked em to us to fill the roll of Deon Grant which i think he'd do great job of.. Do u have any clue what the big diffrence is between Iloka and last yrs similar player Robert Sands? Does Iloka fall into that category or that of Kenny Tate?
    [/quote]
    Not Kenny Tate.Tate played close to the line of scrimmage a lot.Slip seemed to know some about Sands maybe he knows if there similar[/quote] Ya i never totally familiarized myself with Tate and Sands as i did with other prospects . I just remember they were basically the same size and both were considered safety's that could be LB/S hybrids in the pro's.. I think Tate was injured all yr long if i remember correctly?

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]

Evey db gets beaten too.

[/quote]Ive seen playing of guys talk about him from his tape being slow on breaking on the ball and taking poor angles. I have a few Boise State games from 2010 and earlier in the year im going to go through them.Ive been watching the latest ones with him playing mostly CB.[/quote]

Everything Im going on here is just from what I have found on the senior bowl. I scour sites as well as subscribe to a couple private services.

From the NY times Senior bowl coverage "Iloka had some difficulty when matched against a wide receiver in 1-on-1
    drills, but looked very fluid in space and coming up to make plays in
    zone coverage
    "

NFLMocks "Iloka besides Mike Adams has had the best first two days of the
    Senior Bowl. Heísa massive safety prospect and is running and playing
    coverage better than anyone expected. In a class that isnít terrific at safety
    Iloka can really make a big move up here througout this week.
    "

NFLdraftscout(CBS) listed him as 1 of 3 north players who most helped their stock so far...

"At nearly 6-4 and 222 pounds, Iloka looks more like a potential
    linebacker than a free safety, but his athleticism and instincts have
    been on display all week long. He intercepted a pass during Tuesday's
    practice, making an impressive diving pick-off of Michigan State's Kirk Cousins in front of Massachusetts' H-back Emil Igwenagu.
    Iloka is not surprisingly a bit high in his back pedal but he showed
    surprising agility and burst when asked to drop down and cover receivers
    when the offense switched to a three receiver set. In a relatively weak
    year for safeties (outside of Alabama's Mark Barron), Iloka's size,
    athleticism and experience (40 consecutive starts) stand out."

I am certain you have seen him play more on film. BSU is not a team I get to see much where I live. I am limmited to highlight clips and bowl games(which I usually can see.)

But, I am only passing along other's opinions of a senior bowl and it would be fair for me to say that only a few players have had as much resoundingly positive ink as Iioka.

Again, some of what I am putting here is stuff that is from yesterday, but didnt make it to me in time to post.

Nigel Bradham had a good day. People like his mobolity and coverage. His inside play is a little behind his open field and cover skills.

Surpisingly, Sean Spence had trouble covering RBs today. It may have been a bad day, but I read 2 sites that mentioned repeated completions to backs he was covering.

Zach Brown is doing very well for himself. He has not only been the best all around player, but he has been the best signal caller as well. His 1 area of question was his passrush and aparently he was dominant today at getting after QBs.

Alphonzo Dennard had a better day, but still a lot of his plays are occuring in front of him. More stiff hips comments..

Kellen Moore's timing on short routes is very good, as expected. But, as I mentioned before he has a very weak arm.More comments on that arm today despite a nice session for him. His throwing motion is being blamed with 1 comparison to former Gator Heisman winner Danny Wuerffel.

Brandon Boykin (cb georgia) has been very good as has Janoris Jenkins. These 2 have been the class of the south CBs. Dwight Bentley (cb louisiana Laffayette) has also been very good. Like the north side, the south has more talent in its Defensive backfield than it does lining up vs them.

Brandon Weeden has been the best QB of the south. He has had a couple really nice throws aparently. Foles struggled today.

Mike Adams, for those who missed it, Mike measured 11 inch hands at the weigh in on monday. Aparently, if he gets those catchers mitts on anyone its game over. He has done well for himself.

Zebrie Sanders(T FSU)Struggled a lot today. It was an uncomfortable day for him. He did well yesterday but today he was getting schooled by Coples.

Vick Ballard (RB Miss st) has shown a nice ability to break tackles.He has been the best Rb for the south.

Chris Rainey has done well for himself at Wr. There were question marks about him coming into the SB because he, like Percey Harvin at UF, didnt run traditional routes and was also used a lot out of the backfield. But, he has done well at the WR position today and it sounds like that the position he will be sticking with in the NFL.

Joe Adams (wr Arkansa) is have a strong week. Everyone knows he can punt return(see tenn v Ark for 1 of his SEC record tieing 4 punt returns for TD this year). Often times those super quick guys struggle with precise routes,but not Joe. He has been very precise and a nightmare after the catch. Its looking like this kid will be a dangerous slot guy.

Cordy Glenn(G/T Georgia) has been a monster. The only time he struggled was when they had him at tackle and he had a speed rusher over him. Coples got around him pretty easily. But, in every other scenario he dominated. When they had him at guard, he beat everyone. Wherever he was when they asked him to runblock, his guy got demolished.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Again, some of what I am putting here is stuff that is from yesterday, but didnt make it to me in time to post.

Nigel Bradham had a good day. People like his mobolity and coverage. His inside play is a little behind his open field and cover skills.

Surpisingly, Sean Spence had trouble covering RBs today. It may have been a bad day, but I read 2 sites that mentioned repeated completions to backs he was covering.

Zach Brown is doing very well for himself. He has not only been the best all around player, but he has been the best signal caller as well. His 1 area of question was his passrush and aparently he was dominant today at getting after QBs.

Alphonzo Dennard had a better day, but still a lot of his plays are occuring in front of him. More stiff hips comments..

Kellen Moore's timing on short routes is very good, as expected. But, as I mentioned before he has a very weak arm.More comments on that arm today despite a nice session for him. His throwing motion is being blamed with 1 comparison to former Gator Heisman winner Danny Wuerffel.

Brandon Boykin (cb georgia) has been very good as has Janoris Jenkins. These 2 have been the class of the south CBs. Dwight Bentley (cb louisiana Laffayette) has also been very good. Like the north side, the south has more talent in its Defensive backfield than it does lining up vs them.

Brandon Weeden has been the best QB of the south. He has had a couple really nice throws aparently. Foles struggled today.

Mike Adams, for those who missed it, Mike measured 11 inch hands at the weigh in on monday. Aparently, if he gets those catchers mitts on anyone its game over. He has done well for himself.

Zebrie Sanders(T FSU)Struggled a lot today. It was an uncomfortable day for him. He did well yesterday but today he was getting schooled by Coples.

Vick Ballard (RB Miss st) has shown a nice ability to break tackles.He has been the best Rb for the south.

Chris Rainey has done well for himself at Wr. There were question marks about him coming into the SB because he, like Percey Harvin at UF, didnt run traditional routes and was also used a lot out of the backfield. But, he has done well at the WR position today and it sounds like that the position he will be sticking with in the NFL.

Joe Adams (wr Arkansa) is have a strong week. Everyone knows he can punt return(see tenn v Ark for 1 of his SEC record tieing 4 punt returns for TD this year). Often times those super quick guys struggle with precise routes,but not Joe. He has been very precise and a nightmare after the catch. Its looking like this kid will be a dangerous slot guy.

Cordy Glenn(G/T Georgia) has been a monster. The only time he struggled was when they had him at tackle and he had a speed rusher over him. Coples got around him pretty easily. But, in every other scenario he dominated. When they had him at guard, he beat everyone. Wherever he was when they asked him to runblock, his guy got demolished.

[/quote] God i'm like Brandon Boykin more and more.. I want one of those SEC corners in Blue next yr weather its Casey Hayward(2nd best CB in this draft!! U heard right!!!lol) Dequan menzie(very underrated) Brandon Boykin or Stephone Gilmore.. I am not a huge Dre Kirkpatrick fan to be hoenst...

A guy REDEYE and I have had interst in earlier in the yr and spoke about since Shea mccllelin is turning heads at the Sr Bowl.. Dude was over heard saying to a couple Charger Scouts he went down to 248lbs from 258lbs in only a few days! What does that mean? It means he can put on weight and go to DE in a 4/3 and not be relegated to only rush LB in a 3/4 scheme.. ..

A guy who has stunk it up and i wondered how in the heck he was seen as a 2nd rder anyways all yr long is Billy Winn.. Heres a guy who rarley impacts a game in a lower tier confrence and people want to take em with a 2nd rder???lol Hes not going till End of the 3rd the earliest in my opinion.. Brandon Thompson is another guy i don't quite get the hype? The guy is supposed to be a stout run stopper ala billy winn hence they don't make to many big plays yet Clemsons D was trash and i watched em get run on often.. I am not a fan of either Billy Winn or Brandon Thompson! There are not a ton of players i litteraly can't get excited about if we draft(at least in some capacity) but those are 2 DT's right there that just don't do it for me.. In a solid DT class(at least first few rds) i'd much rather Fletcher Cox/ Devon Still/ Jerel Worthy(big upside hes got that GIANTS feel to em) Derek Wolfe(could be 5tech) or even Dajohn Harris who the more i learn about the more i like

All my guys are getting great reviews which is good to hear.

In regards to Dre Kirkpatrick... a lot of his hype is a result of his upside. He has great size and reach, good speed and plays physical. Teams stayed away from him for the most part. He has everything you need to be a lockdown corner but I think he is still developing. In 2010 it was obvious to me that Menzie was the best CB on Alabama's squad, but in 2011 Dre really turned up his game and pretty much evened it out. The only thing that separates them IMO is Dre's size. Menzie is a PHENOMENAL player and I think his stock is going to rise as we get closer to the draft. I've always rated him higher than D Robinson who I have thought would drop a bit as we got closer.

+ Reply to Thread