+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 562 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

The practices/interviews were the most important part for scout evaluations. The actual game itself isn't important enough to stick around throughout its entirety.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jermarcus (Yoshi) Hardrick the LT of Nebraska is interesting to me. Big guy 6'7" 320 36" arms did a great job in the Bowl game against Legitimate NFL Talent in Clowney and Ingram. He didnt qualify out of HS to play Div 1 academically. Im going to go back and watch more but if he could handle those guys its a good sign.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaG2ruLluSY[/link]

A little Sloppy but he is from Juco was receruited by LSU as well. Same Juco college as Pierre paul[/quote]And Jacquain Williams.[/quote]Both great athletes/players, & both played their HS football down here in Florida. Sorry bout that, just had to throw some additional facts in there.

UGA CB Brandon Boykin broke his leg during the Senior Bowl. Tough break for the guy, hope he has a speedy recovery. Pretty sure he was projected as a Day 2 pick, now he could be a steal in the later rounds of the draft. He was UGA's top corner and only player in SEC history w/ 3 100 yard KO returns.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]The practices/interviews were the most important part for scout evaluations. The actual game itself isn't important enough to stick around throughout its entirety.[/quote]

Absolutely.

The ruleset for the game is actually makes it tough to evaluate some players too. The coverage rules, in my opinion, are horrible for evaluating WRs.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jermarcus (Yoshi) Hardrick the LT of Nebraska is interesting to me. Big guy 6'7" 320 36" arms did a great job in the Bowl game against Legitimate NFL Talent in Clowney and Ingram. He didnt qualify out of HS to play Div 1 academically. Im going to go back and watch more but if he could handle those guys its a good sign.

A little Sloppy but he is from Juco was receruited by LSU as well. Same Juco college as Pierre paul[/quote]And Jacquain Williams.[/quote]Both great athletes/players, & both played their HS football down here in Florida. Sorry bout that, just had to throw some additional facts in there.
    [/quote]The real point of this was the tackle and how the coach said this guy got the upper hand on Paul a lot. He also played well against Ingram and Clowney and he is 6'7 320 with 36" arms.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jermarcus (Yoshi) Hardrick the LT of Nebraska is interesting to me. Big guy 6'7" 320 36" arms did a great job in the Bowl game against Legitimate NFL Talent in Clowney and Ingram. He didnt qualify out of HS to play Div 1 academically. Im going to go back and watch more but if he could handle those guys its a good sign.

[/quote]The real point of this was the tackle and how the coach said this guy got the upper hand on Paul a lot. He also played well against Ingram and Clowney and he is 6'7 320 with 36" arms.[/quote]Right, I read your post. Hardrick is an intruging prospect at Tackle. I'll tell you another guy who played for Nebraska who was a JUCO transfer out of the same college (Fort Scott, Kansas) is LB Lavonte David. He is an interesting prospect as well. At 6"0, 225, he may be a little undersized at LB but scouts wrote that they were impressed by his instincts, nose for the
    ball and closing speed. Some teams are considering David at the strong
    safety position if he can improve his speed by a bit. With Deon Grant a FA this year, maybe he's a guy worth taking a look at for when the Giants go into playing 3 safety sets. I still think the Giants are looking for a player w/ a similar skill set to Chad Jones.

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="bLuereverie"]Mike Adams and Zebrie Sanders looked to be playing themselves out of the Giants picks though for very different reasons.

Mike Adams will warrant some attention for a team in need of an LT earlier on whereas Zebrie looked lost out there.[/quote]I think if Mike Adams is available he will be the pick.I dont think he is there though.My guess he goes in the Top 20.[/quote]

I think if there was a position to slightly reach to find an instant starter, it would be for the soon to be tackle void. I can see Chicago picking up Adams unfortunately.[/quote] Unless michael floyd drops to where the bears pick.. You would think he'd be to appealing to not select with there situation at wide reciever.. He also seems to be the kinda WR the bears really lack(a true redzone threat and strong physical big WR).. They will want to get Cutler someone to play opposite of Cutlers buddy Earl Bennet and Floyd should be the pick if hes there.. Adams will certainly go earlier then expected a week ago even though u could see it coming with Adams because of that size and possibility of him being more then a RT in the pro's and even if he is a RT he'd still be able to play LT in a pinch..

You would just think that after Cutler's injury, they would finally make it a priority to protect him. Even though he injured himself trying to tackle after an INT, they got a taste of what life without him would be as they went from what was looking to be a playoff team to sitting at home.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]You would just think that after Cutler's injury, they would finally make it a priority to protect him. Even though he injured himself trying to tackle after an INT, they got a taste of what life without him would be as they went from what was looking to be a playoff team to sitting at home.[/quote] well to be fair there Line was better then it was the yr before and i do think they'll go Oline early but Floyd would be to hard to pass up i would think.. I certainly could be wrong though

I m moving today guys and it could be a few days or possibly more before i'm back up(unless i use a freinds computer or something) So if u don't here from me for a bit thats why.. Be well!!!

+ Reply to Thread