+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 562 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] I m moving today guys and it could be a few days or possibly more before i'm back up(unless i use a freinds computer or something) So if u don't here from me for a bit thats why.. Be well!!!
    [/quote]
    Ahh cool. Parol Officer finally letting you move out of that half-way house huh? jk

Gluck with the move. Better you than me.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I m moving today guys and it could be a few days or possibly more before i'm back up(unless i use a freinds computer or something) So if u don't here from me for a bit thats why.. Be well!!!
    [/quote]
    Ahh cool. Parol Officer finally letting you move out of that half-way house huh? jk

Gluck with the move. Better you than me.
    [/quote] what? Your a weird dude

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Vinny Curry just ate Zerbie sanders up for huge sack! Sanders having a tough week!
    [/quote]
    I was happy about that. I've seen him mocked to the Giants in a number of drafts and I would be super pissed if that happened. Hoping that him getting embarrassed enough times will help decrease the chance of that happening.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="critters"]All my guys are getting great reviews which is good to hear.

In regards to Dre Kirkpatrick... a lot of his hype is a result of his upside. He has great size and reach, good speed and plays physical. Teams stayed away from him for the most part. He has everything you need to be a lockdown corner but I think he is still developing. In 2010 it was obvious to me that Menzie was the best CB on Alabama's squad, but in 2011 Dre really turned up his game and pretty much evened it out. The only thing that separates them IMO is Dre's size. Menzie is a PHENOMENAL player and I think his stock is going to rise as we get closer to the draft. I've always rated him higher than D Robinson who I have thought would drop a bit as we got closer.
    [/quote]Maybe a bold statement, but I think Janoris Jenkins will be a more productive CB in the NFL opposed to Dre Kirkpatrick. I always thought Jenkins was just as good as Joe Haden at UF. Kirkpatrick has got all the tools to be a great DB & will most likely be the 2nd CB off the board after Mo Claiborne but I still think as far as production at the next level, Jenkins has got the edge.
    [/quote]

I wouldn't be at all surprised by that. Janoris Jenkins is going to be helluva player in the NFL.

Veteran

So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

Supposedly he got a late 1st/ early 2nd from the advisory board. He's got the Size/Speed combo that the G-Men like. This seems to be shaping up to be a decent DT class, even if the DE's are lacking. (not as great as last year, but still good).

Edit: I also wonder if Dontari Poe (DT-Memphis) isn't also on JR's radar... Dude is just MASSIVE at 6'5" 350, and with long arms to boot. From what I've read about him he moves far better than any man that size has any right to. Sideline Scouting compares him to Ngata.

I'd hate to be an O-lineman with him an Joseph in the middle... Who do you double? Both? then that leaves Tuck or JPP singled and the other one only gets chipped or gets a TE/RB to block them.

[quote user="Raptor22"]So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

Supposedly he got a late 1st/ early 2nd from the advisory board. He's got the Size/Speed combo that the G-Men like. This seems to be shaping up to be a decent DT class, even if the DE's are lacking. (not as great as last year, but still good).
    [/quote] People seem to love him or hate him. I see a very athletic long defender that isnt a finished product yet "RS Soph". A lot of times Tackels arent overly productive till there Junior years. The upside here is very high and if he was available i would be all for drafting him

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"]So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

[/quote] People seem to love him or hate him. I see a very athletic long defender that isnt a finished product yet "RS Soph". A lot of times Tackels arent overly productive till there Junior years. The upside here is very high and if he was available i would be all for drafting him[/quote]

Thankya sir. That's about the read I've been getting. Right now, ya gotta feel as though the G-Men's D-line is the best place in the league for "raw" high-upside guys. Plenty of time to grow, and a phenomenal group to learn from.

I edited it in after you posted, but any thoughts on Poe (not just Redeye)?

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"]So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

[/quote] People seem to love him or hate him. I see a very athletic long defender that isnt a finished product yet "RS Soph". A lot of times Tackels arent overly productive till there Junior years. The upside here is very high and if he was available i would be all for drafting him[/quote]

Thankya sir. That's about the read I've been getting. Right now, ya gotta feel as though the G-Men's D-line is the best place in the league for "raw" high-upside guys. Plenty of time to grow, and a phenomenal group to learn from.

I edited it in after you posted, but any thoughts on Poe (not just Redeye)?
    [/quote]Havent seen much of him not enough to give a good opinion

What people have to remember with Brockers is he is still young.Compare him as a Soph to Still as a Soph ,Fletcher Cox,Fairly,Suh or Worthy he has better tape. It is a risk but if he takes the jump like the other tackles seem to do in that Junior year your getting an elite talent

Veteran

And now for some hump-day fun... Mock Draft Round Up!

NFL.com

(note: most of these are from last week or older, so they're probably picks for the '9ers)

Bucky Brooks: Dont'A Hightower (ILB, Alabama)
    Elliot Harrison: Mohamed Sanu (WR, Rutgers)
    Chad Reuter: Alshon Jeffery (WR, SC)
    Charles Davis: Alshon Jeffery
    Albert Breer: Alshon Jeffery
    Adam Rank: Mohamed Sanu
    Micheal Fabiano: Dwight Jones (WR, NC)
    Matt Smith: Coby Fleener (TE, Stanford)
    Pat Kirwan: Mohamed Sanu
    Heath Evans: Dontari Poe (DT, Memphis)
    Steve Wyche: Mohamed Sanu
    Dave Dameshek: Alshon Jeffery
    Jason Smith: Mohamed Sanu

CBS Scouting
    Rob Rang: Mike Adams (OT, Ohio State)
    Dane Brugler: Cordy Glenn (OG, Georgia)

Walter Football
    Round 1: Dwayne Allen (TE, Clemson)
    Round 2: Brandon Boykin (CB, Georgia)
    Round 3: Nate Potter (OT/G, Boise)
    Round 4: James-Micheal Johnson (ILB, Nevada)

-Charlie Cambell-
    Round 1: Vontaze Burfict (ILB, Arizona St.)
    Round 2: Bobbie Massey (OT, Ole Miss)
    Round 3: Ryan Miller (G, Colorado)
    Round 4: Bernard Pierce (RB, Temple)

I think that's enough for now...

+ Reply to Thread