+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 562 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]There r about 90 NFL players with the same trait one being Geno Atkins[/quote]

Did not know that, Atkins plays a ton of snaps though.

I know we are a BPA team, but considering how that Superbowl went, I think TE may have just gone to the top of the need chart.

Beckum is our only TE signed for 2012, and he tore his ACL.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I know we are a BPA team, but considering how that Superbowl went, I think TE may have just gone to the top of the need chart.

[/quote]I don't think it went to the top but it definitely is a concern. Beckum tore his right ACL and Ballard sprained his knee. Pretty sure Bear Pascoe and Jake Ballard are RFA's. You got any TE's in mind?

There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I know we are a BPA team, but considering how that Superbowl went, I think TE may have just gone to the top of the need chart.

[/quote]I don't think it went to the top but it definitely is a concern. Beckum tore his right ACL and Ballard sprained his knee. Pretty sure Bear Pascoe and Jake Ballard are RFA's. You got any TE's in mind?
    [/quote]

Ballard is a RFA. Pascoe is not.

Initial reports were a sprained knee on Ballard. I would be surprised if
    that remains the case after further evaluation. He could not put any
    weight on it after reinjuring it on the sideline.

The typical recovery period for ACL would not have Beckum ready for the 2012 season. Even if he were ready, he would be severely diminished(think Hixon this year with even less recovery time.)

Again, that means there is a very real posibility that we have zero TEs on the roster available to play next season.

No other position on the roster is this void. It has to be up there on the need chart. Its not alone , but it is at the top.

And I agree with Ti2, Fleener and Allen are the best fits for what we do.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I know we are a BPA team, but considering how that Superbowl went, I think TE may have just gone to the top of the need chart.

[/quote]

Ballard is a RFA. Pascoe is not.

Initial reports were a sprained knee on Ballard. I would be surprised if
    that remains the case after further evaluation. He could not put any
    weight on it after reinjuring it on the sideline.

The typical recovery period for ACL would not have Beckum ready for the 2012 season. Even if he were ready, he would be severely diminished(think Hixon this year with even less recovery time.)

Again, that means there is a very real posibility that we have zero TEs on the roster available to play next season.

No other position on the roster is this void. It has to be up there on the need chart. Its not alone , but it is at the top.

And I agree with Ti2, Fleener and Allen are the best fits for what we do.

[/quote]Yea, Beckum isn't gonna be able to go for the 2012 season but I would think Ballard gets resigned. I think TE/FB Bear Pascoe gets resigned as well (great at blocking). So that leaves Ballard & Pascoe at TE. I like Ballard and what he has done for the Giants this year but we could use another guy like you're saying. Who do you have in mind besides Allen and Fleener?

[quote user="titwio"]There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.[/quote]What about Michael Egnew (Missouri), 6"6, 245 lbs. Could possibly be around in the 3rd to 4th round range. Thoughts?

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="titwio"]There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.[/quote]What about Michael Egnew (Missouri), 6"6, 245 lbs. Could possibly be around in the 3rd to 4th round range. Thoughts?
    [/quote]Egnew is way to soft and nowhere near as explosive as Fleener very similar to Chase Coffman.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="titwio"]There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.[/quote]What about Michael Egnew (Missouri), 6"6, 245 lbs. Could possibly be around in the 3rd to 4th round range. Thoughts?
    [/quote]Egnew is way to soft and nowhere near as explosive as Fleener very similar to Chase Coffman.[/quote]Realize Fleener has got much more to offer in terms of talent, but he's also projected as a what, late 1st, early 2nd rounder. Do you think the Giants are going to target at TE that early in the draft?

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Realize Fleener has got much more to offer in terms of talent, but he's also projected as a what, late 1st, early 2nd rounder. Do you think the Giants are going to target at TE that early in the draft?
    [/quote]

wouldnt be the first time they took a TE in the first.

Realistically you have to consider the 32nd overall pick as more of an early 2nd in terms of value. That late in the first positions you normally wouldnt target in the first are considered, TE, S, G/C, etc.

+ Reply to Thread