+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 562 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="titwio"]There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.[/quote]What about Michael Egnew (Missouri), 6"6, 245 lbs. Could possibly be around in the 3rd to 4th round range. Thoughts?
    [/quote]Egnew is way to soft and nowhere near as explosive as Fleener very similar to Chase Coffman.[/quote]Realize Fleener has got much more to offer in terms of talent, but he's also projected as a what, late 1st, early 2nd rounder. Do you think the Giants are going to target at TE that early in the draft?
    [/quote]Depends who is on the board. I think its a possibilty. I just dont think there that similar besides size.Egnew isnt fluid like Fleener. He is a fineese TE without an explosive element to his game. I would take Ladarius Green before him

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Realize Fleener has got much more to offer in terms of talent, but he's also projected as a what, late 1st, early 2nd rounder. Do you think the Giants are going to target at TE that early in the draft?
    [/quote] wouldnt be the first time they took a TE in the first. Realistically you have to consider the 32nd overall pick as more of an early 2nd in terms of value. That late in the first positions you normally wouldnt target in the first are considered, TE, S, G/C, etc.[/quote] I think Mark Barron is in play there,Coby Fleener,Dwayne Allen,maybe even Orson Charles.

He lacks the size we probably want, but I really like Orson Charles. He's probably the quickest TE in the draft. He'd be a GREAT offensive threat for us and his blocking is decent.

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="titwio"]There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.[/quote]What about Michael Egnew (Missouri), 6"6, 245 lbs. Could possibly be around in the 3rd to 4th round range. Thoughts?
    [/quote]Egnew is way to soft and nowhere near as explosive as Fleener very similar to Chase Coffman.[/quote]Realize Fleener has got much more to offer in terms of talent, but he's also projected as a what, late 1st, early 2nd rounder. Do you think the Giants are going to target at TE that early in the draft?
    [/quote]Depends who is on the board. I think its a possibilty. I just dont think there that similar besides size.Egnew isnt fluid like Fleener. He is a fineese TE without an explosive element to his game. I would take Ladarius Green before him[/quote]

This

If there's a guy on the board that the Giants think is a top-15 pick, they're taking him regardless of whether or not there's a "Need" on the board.

Then again, free agency hasn't happened yet, I don't think there's ANY doubt that the Giants will re-sign Pascoe and Ballard. There's also the possibility that they could go after Finley.

(I don't THINK JR's going to make the splashy/expensive move, but when there's something that obviously needs to be fixed, he ain't bashful about it.)

Normally I would say "TC and the Giants like their TEs tight to the line and Fleener and Allen seem to be the TE best suited for that."

However, look at the whole picture:
    -We will be hard pressed to resign MM
    - Beckum is not going to be ready till well into 2012, if at all.
    - Ballard and Pascoe are both going to hit the FA market.
    - JJ is best suited as a slot guy, but Cruz thrives in the slot. So as long as Cruz is here, i do not know how JJ will see much playtime.
    - Barden could fill a role on the outside, but he is unproven and injury prone so far.

It all adds up to 1 thing. A versatile TE who can line up tight to the line, or line up outside might be just what we need to kill 2 holes with 1 player. If we can resign Ballard, and/or Pascoe we would still have a void.

I like Fleener a lot, especially if he can get a hair stronger. Allen catches the ball very well and had the body type to play tight to the line even if he didnt do it much at Clemson. He is also a very physical when going up to snatch the ball out of the air, something that will be valuable in the red zone. Egnew is more of a wr/ TE hybrid but he is certainly a good fluid athlete. I think he will go slightly above where he is currently projected mostly because of the "in Vogue" trend of TE/ WR hybrid.

Starter

i think our biggest needs are o-line and TE. when the patriots sacked eli on a 3 man rush that says it all.

on D we could use another corner as well as a LB. but i feel like we should make our strength even stronger as far as making our offense even better. with eli we'll be a top offense as long as we can protect him with a better O-line and keep weapons around him.

Marijuana charge against Dre Kirkpatrick has been dismissed thats good news for him

I know we are still approximately 1 month away from FA and 2 months till the draft. I hope we can re-sign Pascoe and Ballard.

Now we know the Giants will be drafting at 32 rather than the 18 to 22 range. Like slip and others mentioned, picking at 32 is close enough to getting 2nd rd value.

I personally would like to see Fleener or Allen at 32, or the best available O-linemen. But who knows, maybe Reese trades out of that pick and picks up an extra mid rd pick along the way?

One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Saw a mock draft earlier today that had Keuchly falling all the way to 32 because of his "average" athleticism.

How interesting would that be.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Saw a mock draft earlier today that had Keuchly falling all the way to 32 because of his "average" athleticism.

How interesting would that be.[/quote]

It would interestingly mean he would end up in blue.

I would have no complaints with it either. Seriously there is no way he goes to 32...I'm calling fraud.

+ Reply to Thread