+ Reply to Thread
Page 329 of 562 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="BigBlue2010"]What's up with Texas DT Kheeston Randall.* I don't see his name on many DT lists but thought some of his youtube highlights looked promising.* Should I assume he's inconsistent?[/quote] Not enough of a pass rusher for the Giants , has good length though.Could be a 3-4 end

Where is Sportzfan? havent seen him on here for a week

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Where is Sportzfan? havent seen him on here for a week[/quote]

He posted a little while back that he was moving and wouldn't be able to get on for a while...

Hopefully he's back by the combine.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Keenan Robinson is a guy that I have a hard time grading.*I love his athletic ability,size, and Fluidity in pass coverage,He just does not *have good instincts. Nigel Bradham is the same thing. Both guys are around the same size, have the same upside, same type of flaws.Both just dont defend the run well. Can get over powered and have only average instincts. I keep coming back to the 2010 game tape with Robinson against Oklahoma when he was just all over the field making plays. If someone can unlock that player they could have a Star on there hands.</p>

I do think the Giants are set with those tyoe of LB's though.Boley and Jacquain Williams are solid OLB's in that type of player mold. If the Giants draft a LB its probably a MLB. Ive said many times I like James Michael Johnson. I think he fits the Giants need and value well. He is aggressive with a mean streak without being stupid like Burfict. i just put up the Idaho tape 2 days ago.He didnt tackle all that well which bothered me but showed some pass coverage skill</p>
    <div class="vm-video-title">James Michael Johnson vs Boise State 2011 </div>
    <div class="vm-video-title">*</div>
    <div class="vm-video-title">James Michael Johnson vs Idaho 2011 </div>
    <div class="vm-video-title">*</div>
    <div class="vm-video-title">James Michael Johnson vs Southern Miss </div>[/quote]

ugggghhhhh.... i dont know red not impressive what i saw. going up against pro nfl talent line men it looks like he will get stood up alot, he takes good angles to the ball. lets not discuss that idaho game smfh
    [/quote]The Idaho game was poor. The previous games I saw he didnt tackle like that. Remember this is a Middle round LB prospect im talking about here so there will be flaws.I see good Instincts,experience calling a defense, a leader, competes, solid pass coverage skills ,requisite size with some room to add.Stout enough between the tackles. Solid Blitzer, Great burst closing on the ball carrier. When your talking 3rd to 4th round LB prospects I think this is a good one.[/quote]

My problems with JMJ is that you can't use him in a Tampa 2 scheme (his pass coverage just isn't good enough) and he's small enough to get overpowered (on top of having a weak POA tackling grade) and he doesn't have sideline-to-sideline speed.

We already have that guy in Goff no? (and Goff is much better down hill)[/quote]Goff's a FA.If he is brought back MLB isnt as much of a need. He is actually similar to Goff in a lot of ways.I think Goff is better against the run while Johnson is better against the pass. He is definitely a better prospect then Greg Jones though. James Michael Johnson is way more fluid in pass coverage then Chase Blackburn and they won the Super Bowl playing him[/quote]Blackburn was a completely different player after returning from being cut. I think we keep him and he has a legitimate shot at remaining the starter. He will never be the most athletic player, but he plays hard, makes plays(and misses the occasional tackle) and knows where he supposed to be. For the first time in a long time LB is NOT a primary need for us imo.

i'm back guys!!! Just got some cheesy used toshiba for now, but at least its something...lol Now i gotta get back up to date with my research! Can't believe i haven't talked to u guys since before we won ourselves a SUPER BOWL and LINSANITY began!!!lol Great work in this thread since i've been gone guys! Congrats to the Giants and Knicks! Look forward to catching up with u guys over the next few days!

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Where is Sportzfan? havent seen him on here for a week[/quote] It was a struggle watching the Giants win the SB and not be able to talk with u guys! Surprised howmuch i missed this MB!

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]What does everybody think about Stephen hill wr Georgia tech? I've seen him projected between late first to early third. Pretty big gap there.[/quote] I think he is very underrated. One of his biggest strengths is his very good body control. Almost nearly as good as Justin Blackmon's and Alshon Jeffrey except Stephen has had a number of concentration issues. Definitely a very nice option to have in the mid rounds but I see his stock going high[/quote] The thing about hill is his potential is through the roof, because of his playing in a option offense, u kinda didn't get to see how much a factor he could be in a prostyle offense, and u add in that elite size and strength, and u could really get yourself a steal with Stephen Hill... Hill's a great player to pick if your a team that needs a WR, but your 1st couple picks were other positons because of simply to good of value, and in early RD 3, u take stephen hill, becuase u still got a chance of getting RD 1 type production while still filling other positons with your first couple picks..The same could be said about Streeter of Miami... I actually woulden't mind the giants taking a gamble on either streeter or hill if they were there in RD 3(highly doubtful), to kinda fill the big redzone threat that Plax used to play for us, with the ability to get deep as well.... If we are to pick a WR, i'm thinking a big strong long striding WR is the way we'll go, with the idea that Jerrnigan will take over the Mario role down the line for us(i think Mario is 100pct gone)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]What does everybody think about Stephen hill wr Georgia tech? I've seen him projected between late first to early third. Pretty big gap there.[/quote] I think he is very underrated. One of his biggest strengths is his very good body control. Almost nearly as good as Justin Blackmon's and Alshon Jeffrey except Stephen has had a number of concentration issues. Definitely a very nice option to have in the mid rounds but I see his stock going high[/quote] The thing about hill is his potential is through the roof, because of his playing in a option offense, u kinda didn't get to see how much a factor he could be in a prostyle offense, and u add in that elite size and strength, and u could really get yourself a steal with Stephen Hill... Hill's a great player to pick if your a team that needs a WR, but your 1st couple picks were other positons because of simply to good of value, and in early RD 3, u take stephen hill, becuase u still got a chance of getting RD 1 type production while still filling other positons with your first couple picks..The same could be said about Streeter of Miami... I actually woulden't mind the giants taking a gamble on either streeter or hill if they were there in RD 3(highly doubtful), to kinda fill the big redzone threat that Plax used to play for us, with the ability to get deep as well.... If we are to pick a WR, i'm thinking a big strong long striding WR is the way we'll go, with the idea that Jerrnigan will take over the Mario role down the line for us<font size="5">(i think Mario is 100pct gone)</font>[/quote]

Sadly I think you're right. From what I gather, Manningham feels he can be a star in this league and playing behind Cruz and Nicks will simply not give him the opportunity to do so....Peter King said something along the lines of some team will offer him around 7mil per, which is far more then the G-Men will be willing to spend

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]What does everybody think about Stephen hill wr Georgia tech? I've seen him projected between late first to early third. Pretty big gap there.[/quote] I think he is very underrated. One of his biggest strengths is his very good body control. Almost nearly as good as Justin Blackmon's and Alshon Jeffrey except Stephen has had a number of concentration issues. Definitely a very nice option to have in the mid rounds but I see his stock going high[/quote] The thing about hill is his potential is through the roof, because of his playing in a option offense, u kinda didn't get to see how much a factor he could be in a prostyle offense, and u add in that elite size and strength, and u could really get yourself a steal with Stephen Hill... Hill's a great player to pick if your a team that needs a WR, but your 1st couple picks were other positons because of simply to good of value, and in early RD 3, u take stephen hill, becuase u still got a chance of getting RD 1 type production while still filling other positons with your first couple picks..The same could be said about Streeter of Miami... I actually woulden't mind the giants taking a gamble on either streeter or hill if they were there in RD 3(highly doubtful), to kinda fill the big redzone threat that Plax used to play for us, with the ability to get deep as well.... If we are to pick a WR, i'm thinking a big strong long striding WR is the way we'll go, with the idea that Jerrnigan will take over the Mario role down the line for us<FONT size=5>(i think Mario is 100pct gone)</FONT>[/quote]

Sadly I think you're right. From what I gather, Manningham feels he can be a star in this league and playing behind Cruz and Nicks will simply not give him the opportunity to do so....Peter King said something along the lines of some team will offer him around 7mil per, which is far more then the G-Men will be willing to spend
    [/quote] Ya, i could see Mario with the Jags or 49ers, come Free Agency period...

<font size="2">Looks to be a deep class for CB's and WR's. Touchdown Tommy Streeter is a real intriguing prospect. 6"4, 215 lbs, great size/speed, and one of the better deep ball threats in this class. Would be nice if the Giants could snatch him up in the mid rounds of the draft! </font>

+ Reply to Thread