+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 562 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]watching this college football all star challenge on ESPNU, and its funny as they had a Marine do the Obstacle Course before the players, and i swear, the marine looked 100pct better then all the LB's and Isaiah Pead...lol They bumbled around and the marine was totally smooth and not nearly as tired after the event as the players...lol[/quote]

Marine is bpa!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I wonder how the Giants brass is feeling about James Brewer? I could see Bobbie Massie as a guy the giants would love to get last pick in RD 2.. I could see them trade up a few picks for him, to be hoenst.. I think Massie is gonna be a stout RT in the NFL, and many had em as a 1st rder going into this season..[/quote]

Be prepared to give Massie some time if we get him. He shouldn't leave college yet IMO. He hasn't at all lived up to his potential but can probably develop into a good player in time. I think the 2nd is too early for him based on what I've seen from him at college. I really didn't think he had a chance of going in the first 3 rounds but tackles tend to get a little overhyped in drafts so sometimes you have to reach. He's definitely got a lot of upside though.

Carolina Panthers seem to be showing a lot of interest in LSU DT Michael Brockers. This will be his second time meeting up w/ the team.
    Carolina Panthers hosting Michael Brockers on March 8

[quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I wonder how the Giants brass is feeling about James Brewer? I could see Bobbie Massie as a guy the giants would love to get last pick in RD 2.. I could see them trade up a few picks for him, to be hoenst.. I think Massie is gonna be a stout RT in the NFL, and many had em as a 1st rder going into this season..[/quote]

Be prepared to give Massie some time if we get him. He shouldn't leave college yet IMO. He hasn't at all lived up to his potential but can probably develop into a good player in time. I think the 2nd is too early for him based on what I've seen from him at college. I really didn't think he had a chance of going in the first 3 rounds but tackles tend to get a little overhyped in drafts so sometimes you have to reach. He's definitely got a lot of upside though.
    [/quote] i dissagree totally.. He just happened to be on a dreadful team, but the one thing they did well, was run the ball and not allow sacks, and alot of that was due to the play of Bobbie Massie.. Hes light on his feet, especially for a guy his size, and hes got bigtime power , and durability.. Hes got a great attitude from what i've read as well.. I think hes gonna be a bigtime steal if u get him anywhere outside of the first round...

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

never got to do my last mock after the super bowl, so i'm doing it now.. What a ride, the 2011 season was for us..

1. Dwayne Allen Te Clemson- I think Allen makes to much sense, and if hes there, with the injury to ballard and beckum, will be the pick... Allen would also help ease the pain of losing mario as well(if we do lose mario, which i think we will)

2. Bobbie Massie Ot Ole Miss- A really solid tackle prospect, whos under the radar some , for the bad season the rebels had this past yr, but i can remember seeing Massie as a 1st rder by some going into this past season.. Massie would give us depth at the Tackle positon, which is a need, and he could challenge James Brewer for the future at RT, and probably fill in for Will Beatty down the line at LT if need be...

3. Nigel Bradham Lb Fla St- Good looking thumper from FLA ST, who could probably play Strongside, and weakside if need be.... Great intensity, which would fit well with the young players we got coming along on defnese..

4. Vick Ballard Rb Miss St- Thumper would be great duo back with Bradshaw going forward, regardless if we keep BJ or not.. Very underrated in a class full of depth at RB...

5. Tysyn Hartman S Kan St- good size and length, and makes plays.. Was heart of backfield on stong defensive unit at K-st this past season... Kinda flying under the radar, and could fill the role Deon Grant played for us the past couple seasons..

6. Chandler Harnish Qb No Illinois- Nice developmental QB, who can run with the ball and throw it..

7. D'anton Lynn Cb Penn St- fits the giants prefrence of bigger stronger CB's, and could possibly stick..

[/quote]

I would be VERY happy with those picks, particularly round 1-4
    [/quote] thanks.. Alot of offense in first 4rds, but solid value, and at positons that could become area's of need real quick with injuries and or age/ guys gettting cut... Vick Ballard won't light up the combine, but on the field, he shows a good burst, power, and balance... I could see him being a lead horse one day, possibly...

[/quote]

If we choose not to go for 1 of the early RB prospects, then I love Ballard for us. Although, I do not think he will last until the last pick in the 4th round, not after the senior bowl week he had.

The thing I really like about him, and the reason I think he fits well for us, is the instinctive way he waits for his blocks. It would be very disapointing to see him get drafted by a team that doesnt use a fullback. I mean no disrespect to Bradshaw or Jacobs, but these are 2 guys who have never been good at waiting for blocks. Jacobs has a bad habbit of tying to go outside if the hole isnt immediately there and Bradshaw will cutback or find another crack. But, we dont have a guy who waits for the Fullback or pulling guard to set his block. I think we need it for short yardage situations.

I like his stout compact build, the way he carries the football, his north south tendency and the way he will just plant and drive if the play seems to have broken down. This kid has what it takes to be a good short yardage back. I also think he is faster than given credit.
    [/quote] Great Insight! I also agree about his stout build being appealling and the way he waits for blocks will be huge for us, especially when u got a guy like Hynoski leading the way...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I wonder how the Giants brass is feeling about James Brewer? I could see Bobbie Massie as a guy the giants would love to get last pick in RD 2.. I could see them trade up a few picks for him, to be hoenst.. I think Massie is gonna be a stout RT in the NFL, and many had em as a 1st rder going into this season..[/quote]

[/quote] i dissagree totally.. He just happened to be on a dreadful team, but the one thing they did well, was run the ball and not allow sacks, and alot of that was due to the play of Bobbie Massie.. Hes light on his feet, especially for a guy his size, and hes got bigtime power , and durability.. Hes got a great attitude from what i've read as well.. I think hes gonna be a bigtime steal if u get him anywhere outside of the first round...[/quote]

If we get him, I hope you're right. I watched him coming out of high school and throughout college and was always a big fan. Just don't view him right now as a guy that would push for time as a rookie, but is definitely loaded with potential. And you are right on his attitude, I've always heard good things about him in that regard. Don't get me wrong, he's a guy I'd like to have, but a guy I think could benefit from another year in college. In the 2nd round there are guys I would rather have. I never really complain with early OL picks though.

All-Pro

If you're evaluating a rb based purely on his ability in the passing game who are the top 3 or 5 guys this year?

[quote user="lawl"]If you're evaluating a rb based purely on his ability in the passing game who are the top 3 or 5 guys this year?[/quote]Are you talking about RB's w/ pass catching ability?

I didnt do this one its from Marioclp at Draftbreakdown thought there would be interest

George Iloka vs SDSU
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t16HkFMmz4&feature=youtu.be[/link]

All-Pro

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="lawl"]If you're evaluating a rb based purely on his ability in the passing game who are the top 3 or 5 guys this year?[/quote]Are you talking about RB's w/ pass catching ability?
    [/quote]

Yes

+ Reply to Thread