+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 562 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="lawl"]If you're evaluating a rb based purely on his ability in the passing game who are the top 3 or 5 guys this year?[/quote]Are you talking about RB's w/ pass catching ability?
    [/quote]

Yes[/quote]Outside of Trent Richardson, Virginia Tech RB David Wilson may have the best hands (stats won't show it). Doug Martin (Boise St.) and Isaiah Pead (Cincinnati) are also both big time threats catching the ball & in open space.

After listening to Mayock a bit, turned on some games of Midwestern state to watch Amini Silatolu.

Played LT for them, but he is only 6'3, he needs to have really long arms to stay outside, but my god the kid moves well and is really really nasty.

[quote user="slipknottin"]After listening to Mayock a bit, turned on some games of Midwestern state to watch Amini Silatolu.

Played LT for them, but he is only 6'3, he needs to have really long arms to stay outside, but my god the kid moves well and is really really nasty.[/quote]
    Where do you get Midwestern State games from? I'd like to watch

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"]After listening to Mayock a bit, turned on some games of Midwestern state to watch Amini Silatolu.

Played LT for them, but he is only 6'3, he needs to have really long arms to stay outside, but my god the kid moves well and is really really nasty.[/quote]
    Where do you get Midwestern State games from? I'd like to watch
    [/quote]

Actually I just watched youtube highlight videos of the team. There are a few on there.

I swear some of their games used to be on espn3 too, but i guess they took all the football games down

[quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I wonder how the Giants brass is feeling about James Brewer? I could see Bobbie Massie as a guy the giants would love to get last pick in RD 2.. I could see them trade up a few picks for him, to be hoenst.. I think Massie is gonna be a stout RT in the NFL, and many had em as a 1st rder going into this season..[/quote]

Be prepared to give Massie some time if we get him. He shouldn't leave college yet IMO. He hasn't at all lived up to his potential but can probably develop into a good player in time. I think the 2nd is too early for him based on what I've seen from him at college. I really didn't think he had a chance of going in the first 3 rounds but tackles tend to get a little overhyped in drafts so sometimes you have to reach. He's definitely got a lot of upside though.
    [/quote] i dissagree totally.. He just happened to be on a dreadful team, but the one thing they did well, was run the ball and not allow sacks, and alot of that was due to the play of Bobbie Massie.. Hes light on his feet, especially for a guy his size, and hes got bigtime power , and durability.. Hes got a great attitude from what i've read as well.. I think hes gonna be a bigtime steal if u get him anywhere outside of the first round...[/quote]

If we get him, I hope you're right. I watched him coming out of high school and throughout college and was always a big fan. Just don't view him right now as a guy that would push for time as a rookie, but is definitely loaded with potential. And you are right on his attitude, I've always heard good things about him in that regard. Don't get me wrong, he's a guy I'd like to have, but a guy I think could benefit from another year in college. In the 2nd round there are guys I would rather have. I never really complain with early OL picks though.
    [/quote] I was a big James Brewer fan last yr, and spoke highly of him going into the draft, and was hoping he was our pick when we got him, but i don't know for sure how hes done in practice this yr, and i'm all about having a guy with some competiton anyways, and Tackle is extremely old positon for us, and depth is a concern, and Massie is a guy i could see possibly being able to help at LT in a pinch , and certainly be a cog at the RT positon.. Those long arms, and ability to drive block are big turn ons, and the fact hes got a good head on his shoulders is a big bonus as well.. I believe if Ole Miss was a better team, he'd be a possible 1st roudner , but because they were so dreadful, i feel hes kinda getting over looked a bit.. I think he'd be a huge steal in RD 2, albeit, theres plenty of other players i would like as well

[quote user="slipknottin"]After listening to Mayock a bit, turned on some games of Midwestern state to watch Amini Silatolu. Played LT for them, but he is only 6'3, he needs to have really long arms to stay outside, but my god the kid moves well and is really really nasty.[/quote] Its funny u mention Amini Silatolu, becuase about a month and a half ago, i did a bit of research on em, and was really intrigued, and posted in this thread, asking if anyone knew anything about the kid, but got no responses.. Mayock is high on the kid, i take it? Makes sense, judged by what i read awhile back.. I'm certainly intrigued..

A guy i mentioned awhile back in the "SLEEPER" thread, who i'm really intrigued by, and can't wait to see how he does at the combine, is Demario Davis LB Arkansas St.. Dude is tenacious, and very fiery and hard hitting... He was a late add to the Sr Bowl, and supposedly held his own, and i watched his bowl game, where he was pretty solid making plays behind the line of scrimmage(6tck 2tfl 1sack).. Keep a eye on this kid in the RD 4-6 range...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] Mayock is high on the kid, i take it?** Makes sense, judged by what i read awhile back.. I'm certainly intrigued..[/quote]

Mayock said he moves very well for a big kid, and hes really nasty. Thinks he is a 2nd round pick

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]A guy i mentioned awhile back in the "SLEEPER" thread, who i'm really intrigued by, and can't wait to see how he does at the combine, is Demario Davis LB Arkansas St.. Dude is tenacious, and very fiery and hard hitting... He was a late add to the Sr Bowl, and supposedly held his own, and i watched his bowl game, where he was pretty solid making plays behind the line of scrimmage(6tck 2tfl 1sack).. Keep a eye on this kid in the RD 4-6 range...[/quote]

Agreed. Been listing him as one of my top sleepers in all my mock drafts (and in the top 5 sleepers thread). Hadn't seen anyone else mention him so glad to see someone else is on the same page. Really want him.

Whats the deal with Cody Glenn, it seems like every other report I read he's changing from OG to OT. The guy is a MONSTER just based on size alone, but can he step up and handle the speed guys he'll face on the outside in the NFL??
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

+ Reply to Thread