+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 562 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

never got to do my last mock after the super bowl, so i'm doing it now.. What a ride, the 2011 season was for us..

1. Dwayne Allen Te Clemson- I think Allen makes to much sense, and if hes there, with the injury to ballard and beckum, will be the pick... Allen would also help ease the pain of losing mario as well(if we do lose mario, which i think we will)

2. Bobbie Massie Ot Ole Miss- A really solid tackle prospect, whos under the radar some , for the bad season the rebels had this past yr, but i can remember seeing Massie as a 1st rder by some going into this past season.. Massie would give us depth at the Tackle positon, which is a need, and he could challenge James Brewer for the future at RT, and probably fill in for Will Beatty down the line at LT if need be...

3. Nigel Bradham Lb Fla St- Good looking thumper from FLA ST, who could probably play Strongside, and weakside if need be.... Great intensity, which would fit well with the young players we got coming along on defnese..

4. Vick Ballard Rb Miss St- Thumper would be great duo back with Bradshaw going forward, regardless if we keep BJ or not.. Very underrated in a class full of depth at RB...

5. Tysyn Hartman S Kan St- good size and length, and makes plays.. Was heart of backfield on stong defensive unit at K-st this past season... Kinda flying under the radar, and could fill the role Deon Grant played for us the past couple seasons..

6. Chandler Harnish Qb No Illinois- Nice developmental QB, who can run with the ball and throw it..

7. D'anton Lynn Cb Penn St- fits the giants prefrence of bigger stronger CB's, and could possibly stick..

[/quote]Love rounds 2-4. I like Allen, I just prefer Fleener and I really don't even want a TE with the first pick. So overall, very good. Massie will be a stud.[/quote] Massie weighed in at 6ft 6in 316lbs with 35in arms... I like em more and more... This guys gonna be a freaking stud!~

A guy i think will rise come draft time as i've said before, is Matt McCants OT UAB.. He is a high upside player with bigtime athletic ability and he came in at a solid 6ft 6in 308lb 35 3/8 arms... This guys got RISER written all over him...

Could one of you guys post some footage on Massie, I cant find anything about him video wise on youtube
    Draft Wishlist:
    1st Round- Shane Ray, DE, Mizzou
    2nd Round- Erick Striker, OLB, Oklahoma
    3rd Round- Cody Prewitt, FS, Miss
    4th Round- Zach Vigil, LB, Utah St

FA Wishlist: Re-Sign JPP, Hynoski, and sign Iupati

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Veteran

[quote user="juice33s"]Combine measurements for OL and TE's
    http://walterfootball.com/combine2012OL.php

and analysis
    http://walterfootball.com/combine2012weighin1.php
    [/quote]

Travis Beckum:

Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 243 lb (110 kg)

Dwayne Allen:

Height: 6 ft 3 in 255 lb

Sure Allen is a bit stockier but would we really spend a first rounder who can run block a little better then Beckum? I mean both are great receivers but.... im not sold.

I think Fleeners runs a faster 40, he has better production, he is that H-W-S guy the Giants look for.

Why is Allen a better prospect again?

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="juice33s"]Combine measurements for OL and TE's

and analysis
    [/quote]

Travis Beckum:

Dwayne Allen:

Sure Allen is a bit stockier but would we really spend a first rounder who can run block a little better then Beckum? I mean both are great receivers but.... im not sold.

I think Fleeners runs a faster 40, he has better production, he is that H-W-S guy the Giants look for.

Why is Allen a better prospect again?[/quote]

Well guys like Mayock and Bunting have Fleener over Allen. But if there is a reason why Allen would be considered better than Fleener by some is because Allen is more of a finished product as a blocker and is better in jump ball situations than Fleener too.

Otherwise, I think Fleener is just as good (if not better) than Allen in every other category you would evaluate a prospect

Veteran

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="juice33s"]Combine measurements for OL and TE's

and analysis
    [/quote]

Travis Beckum:

Dwayne Allen:

Well guys like Mayock and Bunting have Fleener over Allen. But if there is a reason why Allen would be considered better than Fleener by some is because Allen is more of a finished product as a blocker and is better in jump ball situations than Fleener too.

Otherwise, I think Fleener is just as good (if not better) than Allen in every other category you would evaluate a prospect[/quote]

I understand but with the failed project that is Beckum, would it be wise to select a hybrid TE like Allen? (Im calling him hybrid cause he doesn't seem to have the size for a 'Giants' TE)

I think Fleener is going to be able to separate better and has a higher ceiling in the pros for sure..

[quote user="Kase-1"]Could one of you guys post some footage on Massie, I cant find anything about him video wise on youtube
    [/quote]I will have the Bama game up today

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="juice33s"]Combine measurements for OL and TE's

and analysis
    [/quote]

Travis Beckum:

Dwayne Allen:

Otherwise, I think Fleener is just as good (if not better) than Allen in every other category you would evaluate a prospect[/quote]

I understand but with the failed project that is Beckum, would it be wise to select a hybrid TE like Allen? (Im calling him hybrid cause he doesn't seem to have the size for a 'Giants' TE)

I think Fleener is going to be able to separate better and has a higher ceiling in the pros for sure..[/quote]

I think its not an argument of who is better. I think it is an argument of which guys gets in the right system for their style.

I do not know which guy I like more. If I am going by what we traditionally do at TE, then I like Fleener. But, if I consider into the equation the loss of MM. Then i wonder if Allen doesnt fill 2 needs because he absolutely is more adept at outside route running and is quicker off the los making him a potential split out guy as well as a Tight to the line guy.

I do think Allen measuring under 6'4 hurts him though. But on the same note, Fleener is not performing at this combine so we need to wait before we can see him run, which does hurt him a little. Pro days are nice and all, but they arent an even playing field.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="juice33s"]Combine measurements for OL and TE's

and analysis
    [/quote] Travis Beckum: Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 243 lb (110 kg) Dwayne Allen: Height: 6 ft 3 in 255 lb Sure Allen is a bit stockier but would we really spend a first rounder who can run block a little better then Beckum? I mean both are great receivers but.... im not sold. I think Fleeners runs a faster 40, he has better production, he is that H-W-S guy the Giants look for. Why is Allen a better prospect again?[/quote] well, the first thing that sticks out to me is that Dwayne Allen didn't have Andrew Luck throwing to em his entire career, and all though Allen had a pretty good QB this past season, in Tahj Boyd, Boyd was in his first yr starting and had his ups and downs.. TO be honest, i think Dwayne ALlen would of absoulutley destroyed records had he had Andrew Luck his entire career, and not guys like Kyle Parker and a freshman, albeit, a solid freshman.. As much as i like Fleener, and i like em enough, that i would not mind em being our first rd pick, especially if Dwayne Allen is off the board, he did have plenty of games where he wasent involved in long stretches of the game.. U can say that about both guys, but again, Allen didn't have the talent at QB that Fleener had, and Clemson has had a much better Running game as well.. I think there pretty close talent wise, but Allen in my opinion, is the more athletic complete TE and has a bit higher upside.. U let Dwayne Allen have Eli throwing em the ball for a few yrs, and i could easily see him as a 60catch 800yrd 8td kinda guy, who is thickly built at 255lbs, and from what i read, was a chiseled 255lbs...

+ Reply to Thread