+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 562 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386436 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

I know no one else seems to agree with the pick but I've still got my eye on Orson Charles as well. I've watched his entire career and he always sticks out. I know he doesn't have the ideal size but his athleticism and quickness is off the charts.

I also think McCants is going to be a riser. Hasn't faced the best competition but he's loaded with upside.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="juice33s"]Combine measurements for OL and TE's
    http://walterfootball.com/combine2012OL.php

and analysis
    http://walterfootball.com/combine2012weighin1.php
    [/quote]

Travis Beckum:

Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 243 lb (110 kg)

Dwayne Allen:

Height: 6 ft 3 in 255 lb

Sure Allen is a bit stockier but would we really spend a first rounder who can run block a little better then Beckum? I mean both are great receivers but.... im not sold.

I think Fleeners runs a faster 40, he has better production, he is that H-W-S guy the Giants look for.

Why is Allen a better prospect again?[/quote]

Well guys like Mayock and Bunting have Fleener over Allen. But if there is a reason why Allen would be considered better than Fleener by some is because Allen is more of a finished product as a blocker and is better in jump ball situations than Fleener too.

Otherwise, I think Fleener is just as good (if not better) than Allen in every other category you would evaluate a prospect[/quote]

I understand but with the failed project that is Beckum, would it be wise to select a hybrid TE like Allen? (Im calling him hybrid cause he doesn't seem to have the size for a 'Giants' TE)

I think Fleener is going to be able to separate better and has a higher ceiling in the pros for sure..[/quote]I agree the more games Ive watched Fleener has become my Top TE. I do have Fleener ,Allen and Charles fairly close though. I wouldnt have a problem with any of them.

I do like Paulson as well as a later option.Oregons offense is not TE friendly and he did not get many looks. I think he will be a better pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="juice33s"]Combine measurements for OL and TE's
    http://walterfootball.com/combine2012OL.php

and analysis
    http://walterfootball.com/combine2012weighin1.php
    [/quote] Travis Beckum: Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 243 lb (110 kg) Dwayne Allen: Height: 6 ft 3 in 255 lb Sure Allen is a bit stockier but would we really spend a first rounder who can run block a little better then Beckum? I mean both are great receivers but.... im not sold. I think Fleeners runs a faster 40, he has better production, he is that H-W-S guy the Giants look for. Why is Allen a better prospect again?[/quote] Well guys like Mayock and Bunting have Fleener over Allen. But if there is a reason why Allen would be considered better than Fleener by some is because Allen is more of a finished product as a blocker and is better in jump ball situations than Fleener too. Otherwise, I think Fleener is just as good (if not better) than Allen in every other category you would evaluate a prospect[/quote] I understand but with the failed project that is Beckum, would it be wise to select a hybrid TE like Allen? (Im calling him hybrid cause he doesn't seem to have the size for a 'Giants' TE) I think Fleener is going to be able to separate better and has a higher ceiling in the pros for sure..[/quote]I agree the more games Ive watched Fleener has become my Top TE. I do have Fleener ,Allen and Charles fairly close though. I wouldnt have a problem with any of them. I do like Paulson as well as a later option.Oregons offense is not TE friendly and he did not get many looks. I think he will be a better pro[/quote] WE seem to like alot of the same prospects this yr redeye.. From Fletcher Cox to David Paulson and Casey Hayward and the 2top TE's in Allen and Fleener...etc How about Doug Martin? I absoulutley love him as well, as u know.. Dude came in at 5ft 9in 223lbs.. If he runs a good 40 time with those measuarables, he could challenge for top of the 2nd rd! A do everything back with that kinda size and center of gravity is gonna be a stud in the pros!

[quote user="Kase-1"]Could one of you guys post some footage on Massie, I cant find anything about him video wise on youtube
    [/quote]

Bobby Massie vs Alabama 2011

Rainey's 83-yard touchdown reception against Tennessee:

Rainey (yellow circle) just runs a simple route into the middle of the field after a play-action.

Rainey (yellow circle) catches the ball at the 20-yard line and there isn't a defender near him.

By the time Rainey (yellow circle) is at the 40-yard line, there are a
    few defenders near him, but they aren't posing any threat.

One defender (green circle) makes a feeble diving attempt, but Rainey (yellow circle) is going to go untouched into the endzone.

I'm still shocked that Chris Rainey went the last nine games of the
    season without scoring a touchdown on offense. The last offensive
    touchdown he scored, was a receiving one against Tennessee. Though he
    did have a very good day running the ball against South Carolina.

[quote user="heavyhitter"] Rainey's 83-yard touchdown reception against Tennessee:

Rainey (yellow circle) just runs a simple route into the middle of the field after a play-action.

Rainey (yellow circle) catches the ball at the 20-yard line and there isn't a defender near him.

By the time Rainey (yellow circle) is at the 40-yard line, there are a
    few defenders near him, but they aren't posing any threat.

One defender (green circle) makes a feeble diving attempt, but Rainey (yellow circle) is going to go untouched into the endzone.

I'm still shocked that Chris Rainey went the last nine games of the
    season without scoring a touchdown on offense. The last offensive
    touchdown he scored, was a receiving one against Tennessee. Though he
    did have a very good day running the ball against South Carolina.

[/quote]

Chris Rainey: Incredible

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]What does everybody think about Stephen hill wr Georgia tech? I've seen him projected between late first to early third. Pretty big gap there.[/quote] I think he is very underrated. One of his biggest strengths is his very good body control. Almost nearly as good as Justin Blackmon's and Alshon Jeffrey except Stephen has had a number of concentration issues. Definitely a very nice option to have in the mid rounds but I see his stock going high[/quote] The thing about hill is his potential is through the roof, because of his playing in a option offense, u kinda didn't get to see how much a factor he could be in a prostyle offense, and u add in that elite size and strength, and u could really get yourself a steal with Stephen Hill... Hill's a great player to pick if your a team that needs a WR, but your 1st couple picks were other positons because of simply to good of value, and in early RD 3, u take stephen hill, becuase u still got a chance of getting RD 1 type production while still filling other positons with your first couple picks..The same could be said about Streeter of Miami... I actually woulden't mind the giants taking a gamble on either streeter or hill if they were there in RD 3(highly doubtful), to kinda fill the big redzone threat that Plax used to play for us, with the ability to get deep as well.... If we are to pick a WR, i'm thinking a big strong long striding WR is the way we'll go, with the idea that Jerrnigan will take over the Mario role down the line for us(i think Mario is 100pct gone)[/quote] I feel the same way about hill he needs some polish but he's got serious potential. I really wouldn't mind him as our second rd pick if he's there.[/quote]Hills hands are suspect and shows lapses of concentration. The concentration thing could be he only gets thrown to 3 times a game. Streeter is an awful route runner[/quote] Stepehn Hill killing it at the combine... Same with my guy Michael Floyd who i called the best WR in the class last yr, let alone this yr... Hes gonna be freaking awesome!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]What does everybody think about Stephen hill wr Georgia tech? I've seen him projected between late first to early third. Pretty big gap there.[/quote] I think he is very underrated. One of his biggest strengths is his very good body control. Almost nearly as good as Justin Blackmon's and Alshon Jeffrey except Stephen has had a number of concentration issues. Definitely a very nice option to have in the mid rounds but I see his stock going high[/quote] The thing about hill is his potential is through the roof*, because of his playing in a option offense,* u kinda didn't get to see how much a factor he could be in a prostyle offense, and u add in that elite size and strength, and u could really get yourself a steal with Stephen Hill...* Hill's a great player to pick if your a team that needs a WR, but your 1st couple picks* were other positons because of simply to good of value, and in early RD 3,* u take stephen hill, becuase u still got a chance of getting RD 1 type production while still filling other positons with your first couple picks..*The same could be said about Streeter of Miami... I actually woulden't mind the giants taking a gamble on either streeter or hill if they were there in RD 3(highly doubtful), to kinda fill the big redzone threat that Plax used to play for us, with the ability to get deep as well....* If we are to pick a WR, i'm thinking a big strong long striding WR is the way we'll go, with the idea that Jerrnigan will take over the Mario role down the line for us(i think Mario is 100pct gone)[/quote] I feel the same way about hill he needs some polish but he's got serious potential. I really wouldn't mind him as our second rd pick if he's there.[/quote]Hills hands are suspect and shows lapses of concentration. The concentration thing could be he only gets thrown to 3 times a game. Streeter is an awful route runner[/quote] Stepehn Hill killing it at the combine...** Same with my guy Michael Floyd who i called the best WR in the class last yr, let alone this yr... Hes gonna be freaking awesome![/quote] adding Stephen hill to our core and add a shiancoe to Ballard at te our offense would be unstopable.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]What does everybody think about Stephen hill wr Georgia tech? I've seen him projected between late first to early third. Pretty big gap there.[/quote] I think he is very underrated. One of his biggest strengths is his very good body control. Almost nearly as good as Justin Blackmon's and Alshon Jeffrey except Stephen has had a number of concentration issues. Definitely a very nice option to have in the mid rounds but I see his stock going high[/quote] The thing about hill is his potential is through the roof, because of his playing in a option offense, u kinda didn't get to see how much a factor he could be in a prostyle offense, and u add in that elite size and strength, and u could really get yourself a steal with Stephen Hill... Hill's a great player to pick if your a team that needs a WR, but your 1st couple picks were other positons because of simply to good of value, and in early RD 3, u take stephen hill, becuase u still got a chance of getting RD 1 type production while still filling other positons with your first couple picks..The same could be said about Streeter of Miami... I actually woulden't mind the giants taking a gamble on either streeter or hill if they were there in RD 3(highly doubtful), to kinda fill the big redzone threat that Plax used to play for us, with the ability to get deep as well.... If we are to pick a WR, i'm thinking a big strong long striding WR is the way we'll go, with the idea that Jerrnigan will take over the Mario role down the line for us(i think Mario is 100pct gone)[/quote] I feel the same way about hill he needs some polish but he's got serious potential. I really wouldn't mind him as our second rd pick if he's there.[/quote]Hills hands are suspect and shows lapses of concentration. The concentration thing could be he only gets thrown to 3 times a game. Streeter is an awful route runner[/quote] Stepehn Hill killing it at the combine... Same with my guy Michael Floyd who i called the best WR in the class last yr, let alone this yr... Hes gonna be freaking awesome![/quote] adding Stephen hill to our core and add a shiancoe to Ballard at te our offense would be unstopable.[/quote] Ya, i think Stepehn Hill has just got himself in Eraly 2nd rd area with his super impressive combine, which i would think, would put us outta the running.. With such a ridiculously deep crop of Wideouts, trust me there is some to be had later on... Guys like Bj Cunningham, Danny Coale, Ryan Broyles, Jarious Wright, Greg Childs, and so on and so fourth, can probably be had starting from RD 4 and on... Its just a ridiculously deep group this yr..

+ Reply to Thread