+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 562 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

2nd round Im hoping for either Casey Heyward, Trumaine Johnson ,George Illoka, Amini Silatolu, or Bobby Massie.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

My Post Combine Mock Draft... Last one till after FA'cy, or during FA'cy...

1. Peter Konz C Wisconsin- At one point, i thought no way he'd be there at 32, but its a possiblity, from what i've seen around the web.. Konz has the size to play G as well as C, and we love versatility, and he comes from a great running program, and all around Oline program.. Konz would probably have Reese rushing in the Pick for us, if hes on the board...

2. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- My 2nd ranked CB in the entire draft, is one of the most underrated prospects in the entire country.. He plays the run well, and is a true ballhawk, whos very smart and savy..

3. Audie Cole LB Nc State- Cole looks great on the field, and thats where it matters, and if he falls to the end of RD 3, we should definetly pounce.. Hes got the Size to play SLB, as well as the expierence in the Middle.. Hes a gritty, hardnosed player, who can really thump ball carriers...

4. Demario Davis OLB Arkansas St- To much value in RD 4 to pass us, and should really solitfy our LB unit for the forseeable future.. I've raved about Davis for awhile now, and he killed it at the Combine, looking exactly how u would expect him to look, if u seen him beast around on the field.. This guys a freaking missle!

5. Danny Coale WR Va Tech- I think this kid would fit in perfectly to our WR unit... Hes got great hands, and knows how to get open.. Hes no slouch when it comes to the acrobatic catch as well...

6. George Bryan TE Nc State- Falls to rd 6 because of slow yr, but was once a 2nd-4th rd prospect, and Reese knows value... If Bryan falls to RD 6, he'd be big value, at a positon of need..

7. Sean Richardson SS Vanderbilt- Richardson was a huge part of Vandys stout Defense this past season.. He can really lay the wood, and plays the run well, and has the size to possibly take over the positon that Deon Grant played for us as a S/LB hybrid type..

[/quote]

Definitely not aimed at you, but I keep hearing people saying they've been talking about Demario for a long time. I have as well and honestly don't recall ANYONE ever saying anything about him before or ever agreeing with me when I put him in all my mocks and called him one of the biggest sleepers in the draft. Now, I keep talking to people or seeing people post that they've been on him for so long. It's kinda weird. It's like all of a sudden he's the hot guy or something.
    [/quote] I said u turned me on to him lol[/quote]

haha. I'm not looking for any credit or anything like that, I just find it weird that on a lot of message boards I go to (college football boards) his name is popping up everywhere and it's like people that want to say they had someone's demo tape before they got big, everyone keeps saying they've been on this guy for so long. But it's message boards I read frequently and never saw anyone post about him (I know because he was sort of my secret guy as silly as that sounds and I would tell people to watch for the guy and get zero responses). Like I said, definitely not aimed at anyone here because I haven't followed this board closely in awhile because it wouldn't let me log in for about a year. Finally I got around to creating a new account. I have no idea what people have and haven't talked about here.

Man the Saints are in some trouble Im seeing that Lawyers are looking to file law suits for players that got injured while there bounties were going on

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]2nd round Im hoping for either Casey Heyward, Trumaine Johnson ,George Illoka, Amini Silatolu, or Bobby Massie.[/quote]I think Trumaine Johnson would be the best value pick in my opinion.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]2nd round Im hoping for either Casey Heyward, Trumaine Johnson ,George Illoka, Amini Silatolu, or Bobby Massie.[/quote]I think Trumaine Johnson would be the best value pick in my opinion.[/quote]Couple guys are knocking me or taking Fleener. No way to make everybody happy though.

Wish there was more info, reports and video on Bobby massie out there. Not many people are talking about a seemingly very talented prospect

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

WesBunting Wesley Bunting

Doug Martin RB Boise State is very similar prospect to #Alabama Rb Mark Ingram...

Is this guy serious I like Martin but come on
    [/quote]i'm telling ya, the way Martin looks out there, it reminds me alot of Ray Rice.. Hes really good! I'm with Wes as far as i think Doug is a guy who looks like, if given a legit chance, a guy who could be every bit as good as the best backs in the league.. Hes the complete package..
    [/quote]There the same size but I disagree there similar level prospects. Ingram was the best back in his class. I do like Martin but I think he goes in the third round[/quote]ya, as far as round, i coulden't picture Martin getting up any higher then the 2nd round.. THe only backs i could see over the months making a push for a 1st round bid are possibly Chris Polk, Lamar Miller, and possibly bernard pierce(all though doubtful).. I could see Martin go in the 2nd round ala Shane Vereen last yr though.. Martin had another outstanding game as a Lead Horse back getting like 26carries 126yrds 1td 1catch 1td(don't quote me on the numbers, but something like that)..
    [/quote] I think Wes and I were dead on about Doug Martin... I was looking over the thread and some earlier posts, and this ones from OCT 22nd.. At the time, i got some gripes for agreeing with Bunting about how good Doug Martin could be..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="critters"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

My Post Combine Mock Draft... Last one till after FA'cy, or during FA'cy...

1. Peter Konz C Wisconsin- At one point, i thought no way he'd be there at 32, but its a possiblity, from what i've seen around the web.. Konz has the size to play G as well as C, and we love versatility, and he comes from a great running program, and all around Oline program.. Konz would probably have Reese rushing in the Pick for us, if hes on the board...

2. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt- My 2nd ranked CB in the entire draft, is one of the most underrated prospects in the entire country.. He plays the run well, and is a true ballhawk, whos very smart and savy..

3. Audie Cole LB Nc State- Cole looks great on the field, and thats where it matters, and if he falls to the end of RD 3, we should definetly pounce.. Hes got the Size to play SLB, as well as the expierence in the Middle.. Hes a gritty, hardnosed player, who can really thump ball carriers...

4. Demario Davis OLB Arkansas St- To much value in RD 4 to pass us, and should really solitfy our LB unit for the forseeable future.. I've raved about Davis for awhile now, and he killed it at the Combine, looking exactly how u would expect him to look, if u seen him beast around on the field.. This guys a freaking missle!

5. Danny Coale WR Va Tech- I think this kid would fit in perfectly to our WR unit... Hes got great hands, and knows how to get open.. Hes no slouch when it comes to the acrobatic catch as well...

6. George Bryan TE Nc State- Falls to rd 6 because of slow yr, but was once a 2nd-4th rd prospect, and Reese knows value... If Bryan falls to RD 6, he'd be big value, at a positon of need..

7. Sean Richardson SS Vanderbilt- Richardson was a huge part of Vandys stout Defense this past season.. He can really lay the wood, and plays the run well, and has the size to possibly take over the positon that Deon Grant played for us as a S/LB hybrid type..

[/quote]

Definitely not aimed at you, but I keep hearing people saying they've been talking about Demario for a long time. I have as well and honestly don't recall ANYONE ever saying anything about him before or ever agreeing with me when I put him in all my mocks and called him one of the biggest sleepers in the draft. Now, I keep talking to people or seeing people post that they've been on him for so long. It's kinda weird. It's like all of a sudden he's the hot guy or something.
    [/quote]Thats what happens at the combine[/quote] I've been known about Demario Davis..lol I know about every prospect for the most part.. I asked REDEYE to make a Video of Demario Davis forever ago... I had Davis Mocked to us in the 6th RD back on January 23rd, and enjoyed watching his bowl game as well, where i posted about how impressed i was... Heres my Analysis on him when i mocked him in this thread on JAN 23rd... I also was very excited when he was added to the SR BOWL and posted about that as well... I'm not the type to act like i know a prospect if i dont.. For instance, a month or 2 ago, i posted in this thread asking if anyone knew anything about AMINI SILATOLU G MID WEST ST..

6. Demario Davis OLB Arkansas St- This dude can ball! Bigtime hitter who can make plays against the pass and rush the passer when asked as well as a sure tackler that wraps up well and trys to punish ball carriers.. Davis could be a beast on ST's as he works his way into playing time as a
    LB..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BigBlue2010"]How many rounds are you doing Redeye? I'm beginning to think Giants get great value going DL #1, CB #2 TE/OL 3 & 4 and then hear everyone say Jerry slaughtered the draft. I'm very curious to see how your draft goes.[/quote]Its 7 Rounds its on [link]http://nfldraftwizard.com/[/link] 17. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK): Kendall Wright-Wide Receiver-Baylor 18. San Diego Chargers: Jonathan Martin-Offensive Tackle-Stanford 19. Chicago Bears: Dre Kirkpatrick-Cornerback-Alabama 20. Tennessee Titans: Peter Konz-Center/Guard-Wisconsin 21. Denver Broncos (CIN): Stephen Hill-Wide Receiver-Georgia Tech 22. St. Louis Rams (CLE): Fletcher Cox-Defensive Tackle-Mississippi State 23. Houston Texans (Det): Mohamed Sanu-Wide Receiver-Rutgers I was hoping Cox fell to me. The Rams draft has been great they ended up with Claiborne and Cox after trading the 2nd pick[/quote] In possibly the deepest WR class ever(ya i said ever), where u coulden't convince me if u tried that guys like Juron Criner, Tommy Streeter, Ty Hilton, Marv McNutt, Brian Quick, Marvin Jones, Joe Adams, Jarious Wright, Nick Toon, Jeff Fuller, Dwight Jones, Chris Givens, Aj Jenkins, Rueben Randle, and Ryan Broyles, coulden't possibly be better then guys like Sanu and Stephen Hill, u got Hill and Sanu going in the TOP 23???lol I hope those Guys GM in the real draft![/quote]I like these WR's but I think i will wait and take one who falls in the 3rd or 4th round. Fleener is the easy pick for me to make. Its 1 u cant really argue with[/quote] Ya, thats what i'm saying.. The people were taking Sanu and Hill before pick 25 in the draft are crazy, with all the depth there is..

I agree Fleener is a great choice, but anyhthing but easy when u got a Athletic, strong, bigtime motor DE in Mercilus on the board... I personally would take mercilus, as hes a turnover creating machine, but Fleener is also a awesome choice..

I actually like that ingram, martin comparison. Both extremely balanced, polished, low to the ground runners without elite speed. obviously martin didn't face the level of competition and had the career ingram had, but as far as skill sets go its a good comparison.

+ Reply to Thread