+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 562 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

If the giants send scouts to pro days, its extremely important

they sent 9 to marvin austin's (a report the media completely missed until after the draft)

really disappointed dwayne allen didnt run the 40

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Marc Ross was at Clemson's Proday today... Good stuff, seeing how Andre Branch and Dwayne Allen are guys i like, but<font size="3"> Brandon Thompson </font>is a guy i really don't like...[/quote]<font size="2">Didn't you have a nickname for Thompson?</font>

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Marc Ross was at Clemson's Proday today... Good stuff, seeing how Andre Branch and Dwayne Allen are guys i like, but<FONT size=3> Brandon Thompson </FONT>is a guy i really don't like...[/quote]<FONT size=2>Didn't you have a nickname for Thompson?</FONT>
    [/quote] Thee Invisible Man..lol Dude is useless...lol I'd much rather Jerel Worthy, outta the 2 kinda underachievers in my opinion, as i feel Worthy has more to offer if u can coach him up and really get him to understand what he can be if he brings it every play...

[quote user="Neverend"]If the giants send scouts to pro days, its extremely important they sent 9 to marvin austin's (a report the media completely missed until after the draft) really disappointed dwayne allen didnt run the 40[/quote] I totally agree.. Sure, sometimes it dosen't matter, as the Giants scouts or FO personal are not gonna see what they want from the guys there checking out, but more often then not, with the GIANTS, its a indicator there truly interested in a player or players that are at the paticular proday... I'm hoping its Dwayne Allen or Andre Branch that there interested in.. Clemson also has some later rd Olineman that Ross could of got a look at...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]If the giants send scouts to pro days, its extremely important they sent 9 to marvin austin's (a report the media completely missed until after the draft) really disappointed dwayne allen didnt run the 40[/quote]* I totally agree.. Sure, sometimes it dosen't matter, as the Giants scouts or FO personal are not gonna see what they want from the guys there checking out, but more often then not, with the GIANTS, its a indicator there truly interested in a player or players that are at the paticular proday...* I'm hoping its Dwayne Allen or Andre Branch that there interested in..* Clemson also has some later rd Olineman that Ross could of got a look at...[/quote]I think they would would be interested in Branch. He is the closest thing to a pure edge rusher this draft has. Still think Fleener would be the TE if they were going to take 1 but Allen is more ready to contribute as a blocker immediately.

redeye, you think that the Giants could trade back into the early 2nd rd and still grab Fleener or Allen?</P>

</P>

I think if Fleener is there at 33, the Colts would grab him to pair with luck? I think if Reese liked Allen more, he could be sitting there till the middle of the 2nd rd.</P>

</P>

I keep reading how other analysts and fans feel Branch is more of a 3-4 rush backer. I have seen some Clemson games, and think he would be a good 4-3 end.</P>
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]If the giants send scouts to pro days, its extremely important they sent 9 to marvin austin's (a report the media completely missed until after the draft) really disappointed dwayne allen didnt run the 40[/quote] I totally agree.. Sure, sometimes it dosen't matter, as the Giants scouts or FO personal are not gonna see what they want from the guys there checking out, but more often then not, with the GIANTS, its a indicator there truly interested in a player or players that are at the paticular proday... I'm hoping its Dwayne Allen or Andre Branch that there interested in.. Clemson also has some later rd Olineman that Ross could of got a look at...[/quote]I think they would would be interested in Branch. He is the closest thing to a pure edge rusher this draft has. Still think Fleener would be the TE if they were going to take 1 but Allen is more ready to contribute as a blocker immediately.[/quote] I think Allen has the look of a young Fred Davis, and if u take away the off field stuff for Fred Davis, u probably got a pro bowl type player.. I'm big on Allen and Fleener, but think Allen is quicker on the field then he showed in his 40time, andcan make the acrobatic throws, which sometimes, ELI has a tendency to throw one high or if the guys covered, he'll still give the TE or WR a chance by throwing it in a spot where he has to make a acrobatic type catch.. Allen seems to be the best ALL AROUND TE in this draft right now, and i think hes only nipped the surface.. Hes played with Kyle Wilson and a Freshman as his QB's, and Fleener had Luck.. Give Allen ELI as a QB, and i think you've got a big contributor... But Fleener is fine by me as well..

[quote user="tonyt830"]

redeye, you think that the Giants could trade back into the early 2nd rd and still grab Fleener or Allen?</p>

</p>

I think if Fleener is there at 33, the Colts would grab him to pair with luck? I think if Reese liked Allen more, he could be sitting there till the middle of the 2nd rd.</p>

</p>

I keep reading how other analysts and fans feel Branch is more of a 3-4 rush backer. I have seen some Clemson games, and think he would be a good 4-3 end.</p>[/quote]

He could, but he was lighter than most expected at the combine at 259 lbs. The athleticism was LB quality too.

Rumour Has it that Stephon Gilmore is right there with Dre Kirkpatrick as the Number 2 ranked CB in this yrs draft, which comes to no surprise for me, as i've been saying i'm not high on Dre Kirkpatrick, and presonally, i have Casey Hayward ranked higher as well as Gilmore.. I just don't see Kirkpatrick as more then a Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie type CB at his best... Heres my personal CB rankings, and u guys might laugh, because of how down i am on Dre Kirkpatrick..</P>

1. Morris Claiborne LSU</P>

2. Casey Hayward Vandy- God, i love this kids game!</P>

3. Janoris Jenkins No Ala</P>

4. Stephon Gilmore S.Carolina</P>

5. Josh Robinson UCF</P>

6. Brandon Boykin Georgia</P>

7. Dre Kirkpatrick Bama</P>

8. Leonard Johson Iowa St</P>

9. Jamell Fleming Oklahoma</P>

10. Omar Bolden- Kinda my sleeper CB.. I really like Bolden.. If healthy, he'd be sure 2nd rder...</P>

Guys i don't like- Jayron Hosley, Dwight Bently, Cliff Harris, Alphonso Dennard... I also got Trumaine Johnson more as a FS then CB... I love Trumaine Johnson by the way! I like the Giants, like my CB's to have a bit of size to em, hence im just not a fan of guys like Cliff Harris and Jayron Hosley.. I make a exception for some, ala Brandon Boykin.. </P>

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="tonyt830"]

redeye, you think that the Giants could trade back into the early 2nd rd and still grab Fleener or Allen?</p>

*</p>

I think if Fleener is there at 33, the Colts would grab him to pair with luck?* I think if Reese liked Allen more, he could be sitting there till the middle of the 2nd rd.</p>

*</p>

I keep reading how other analysts and fans feel Branch is more of a 3-4 rush backer.* I have seen some Clemson games, and think he would be a good 4-3 end.</p>[/quote]

He could, but he was lighter than most expected at the combine at 259 lbs.* The athleticism was LB quality too.
    [/quote]thanks blue santa. I bet if he went to a 4-3 team to play DE, he can bulk up to 265-270 and be effective.
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

+ Reply to Thread