+ Reply to Thread
Page 357 of 562 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

*Rumour Has it that Stephon Gilmore is right there with Dre Kirkpatrick as the Number 2 ranked CB in this yrs draft, which comes to no surprise for me, as i've been saying i'm not high on Dre Kirkpatrick, and presonally, i have Casey Hayward ranked higher as well as Gilmore.. I just don't see Kirkpatrick as more then a Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie type CB at his best...*** Heres my personal CB rankings, and u guys might laugh, because of how down i am on Dre Kirkpatrick..

1. Morris Claiborne LSU

2. Casey Hayward Vandy-* God, i love this kids game!

3. Janoris Jenkins No Ala

4. Stephon Gilmore S.Carolina

5. Josh Robinson UCF

6. Brandon Boykin Georgia

7. Dre Kirkpatrick Bama

8. Leonard Johson* Iowa St

9. Jamell Fleming Oklahoma

10. Omar Bolden- Kinda my sleeper CB.. I really like Bolden.. If healthy, he'd be sure 2nd rder...

Guys i don't like- Jayron Hosley,* Dwight Bently, Cliff Harris, Alphonso Dennard... I also got Trumaine Johnson more as a FS then CB... I love Trumaine Johnson by the way!* I like the Giants, like my CB's to have a bit of size to em, hence im just not a fan of guys like Cliff Harris and Jayron Hosley..* I make a exception for some, ala* Brandon Boykin..

[/quote]I agree with your list. I'm sure Claiborne, Jenkins and probably Kirkpatrick will be gone by 32. But I would not be disappointed with Gilmore, Robinson, Hayward or Fleming in the 2nd-4th rd area.

I too am a Hayward fan, hell I pull for Vandy living down here in the Nashville area. So when I see a Vandy player getting some love from the media and analysts, it makes me want them to succeed that much more.

And what I like about Boykin from Georgia, is that he can contribute in the kick return game.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

[quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Rumour Has it that Stephon Gilmore is right there with Dre Kirkpatrick as the Number 2 ranked CB in this yrs draft, which comes to no surprise for me, as i've been saying i'm not high on Dre Kirkpatrick, and presonally, i have Casey Hayward ranked higher as well as Gilmore.. I just don't see Kirkpatrick as more then a Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie type CB at his best... Heres my personal CB rankings, and u guys might laugh, because of how down i am on Dre Kirkpatrick..

1. Morris Claiborne LSU

2. Casey Hayward Vandy- God, i love this kids game!

3. Janoris Jenkins No Ala

4. Stephon Gilmore S.Carolina

5. Josh Robinson UCF

6. Brandon Boykin Georgia

7. Dre Kirkpatrick Bama

8. Leonard Johson Iowa St

9. Jamell Fleming Oklahoma

10. Omar Bolden- Kinda my sleeper CB.. I really like Bolden.. If healthy, he'd be sure 2nd rder...

Guys i don't like- Jayron Hosley, Dwight Bently, Cliff Harris, Alphonso Dennard... I also got Trumaine Johnson more as a FS then CB... I love Trumaine Johnson by the way! I like the Giants, like my CB's to have a bit of size to em, hence im just not a fan of guys like Cliff Harris and Jayron Hosley.. I make a exception for some, ala Brandon Boykin..

[/quote]I agree with your list. I'm sure Claiborne, Jenkins and probably Kirkpatrick will be gone by 32. But I would not be disappointed with Gilmore, Robinson, Hayward or Fleming in the 2nd-4th rd area. I too am a Hayward fan, hell I pull for Vandy living down here in the Nashville area. So when I see a Vandy player getting some love from the media and analysts, it makes me want them to succeed that much more. And what I like about Boykin from Georgia, is that he can contribute in the kick return game.[/quote] Ya, Boykins versatility is something i really like.. Heck, he can play some WR if u want as well.. He also plays bigger then he is... Hayward is just a all around stud.. I don't care if he dosen't run a 4.4 or something, the guy has great instincts and technique.. Hes no slouch against the run, and flat out makes plays.. Hes gonna be such a well rounded CB in this league.. I think whoever gets Hayward, is gonna get RD 1 production, and a future probowler.. I don't see how teams aren't seeing this, but come draft day, we'll see where he goes...

Heres the way Redeyes Mock Draft went for the NFC EAST TEAMS... Lets see who did the best within the divison... There were trades in this mock, hence some rd's teams got a few more picks or no picks, or earlier picks in the paticular rd, depending on what the TRADES consisted of...

THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

1. Coby Fleener TE Stanford

2. Trumaine Johnson CB/FS Montana

3. Bobbie Massie OT Ole Miss

4. Dajohn Harris DT U.S.C

5. Nigel Bradham OLB Florida St.

6. Vick Ballard RB Miss St.

7. Cordarro Law DE So. Miss

The Washington Foreskins

1. Riely Reiff OT Iowa

2. Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M

3. No pick( mock trade)

4. Josh Robinson CB UCF

4. Mike Martin DT Michigan

4. Billy Winn DT Boise St

4. Chris Givens WR Wake Forest

5. Brandon Mosely OT Auburn

5. Justin Bethel CB Presbeytirian

6. James Michael-Johnson LB Nevada

6. Tony Bergstrom OT Utah

7. Emil Igwenagu FB/TE UMASS

7. Danny Coale WR Virginia Tech

Dallas Cowgirls

1. Melvin Ingram OLB/DE S.Carolina (aquired by trade up with Phins)

2. Pick Traded away

3. Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech

4. Dominique Hamilton DT Mizzo

4. Jeff Allen OT Illinois

5. Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin

5. Terrence Fredrick CB Texas A&M

6. Emmanuel Acho LB Texas

6. Jarrett Boykin WR Virginia Tech

7. Taylor Thompson TE S.M.U

Philthy Eagles

1. Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama

1. Mark Barron S Alabama (mock trade)

2. Alamadea Ta'amu DT Washington

3. Pick traded away(mock trade)

4. Kirk Cousins QB Michigan St.

4. Nick Toon WR Wisconsin

5. Senio Kelemente G Washington

6. Matt Reynolds OT B.Y.U

7. No Pick (mock trade)

Well guys the stupidity of the guys never cease to amaze me.
    Orson Charles was arrested for DUI and driving 2 Slow .
    [link]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/17683150/orson-charles-arrested-for-dui-friday[/link]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Well guys the stupidity of the guys never cease to amaze me.
    Orson Charles was arrested for DUI and driving 2 Slow .
    [link]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/17683150/orson-charles-arrested-for-dui-friday[/link][/quote]

Giants reportedly spent a lot of time with Chandler Jones not surprising with his 85 3/8 Wingspan and 35 1/2 " arms.

[link]http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20120308/SPORTS/203080407/Chandler-Jones-draws-crowd-Syracuse-s-Pro-Day?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs[/link]

Antrel Rolle was at Miami's Pro Day yesterday as well as damn near every team including multiple scouts from individual teams (66 NFL scouts/coaches).
    Miami Pro Day Features Several Future NFL Draft Picks

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Giants reportedly spent a lot of time with Chandler Jones not surprising with his 85 3/8 Wingspan and 35 1/2 " arms.

[link]http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20120308/SPORTS/203080407/Chandler-Jones-draws-crowd-Syracuse-s-Pro-Day?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs[/link][/quote]

As I said in the other thread, I think he is a very big possibility for us. He is a natural LDE and with Tuck's injuries mounting we have lacked a natural LDE to replace/ spell him.

We have lined up JPP in place of an injured Tuck, and he did well, but his production on the right side was way better. He is much more natural on the right.

We have lined up Tolly to spell Tuck, and he did well in passrush situations but suffered vs the run.

We lined up Canty occasionally too, but he didnt garner much passrush from the position.

Jones is a perfect fit for our defense.

Jones has an elite wingspan, but what else is so great about him?

Outside of the fact that having great length should help you anchor in a 2-gap scheme, help tremendously when wrapping up, helping keep blockers off your frame against the run game, and subsequently helping in your pass rush from lineman getting an initial punch on your chest -- I would like to know what else is great about this guy that could translate significantly at the next level (and because he plays high and short-armed doesn't even use his length to his advantage although that is correctable)

Granted it was one video, but I wasn't impressed with his tape against west virginia. Doesn't seem to be quick or explosive and doesn't have great technique. Reports dont sound so great on him either

I think his upside is very limited. It wasn't just JPP's wingspan that made him so special, the kid was very explosive and sudden as a pass rusher in his short time as a starter at college. This Jones guy seems to be a great athlete physically, but as far as football qualities go (first step quickness, get off burst, suddeness, violence.) he seems woefully below average.

I think he'll flash nothing in a training camp. I don't think just because he has great length (which as mentioned serves as a great fit for our scheme) ALONE makes him a great fit for the defense. There are other draft picks with long arms and are superior athletes than Jones at the same time. Not someone I'd use a pick on in the first 4 or 5 rounds

+ Reply to Thread