+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 562 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Since people here in the Draft section seem to understand football a bit better than in the TAGF section, I'll ask my James Brewer question here. Is it possible that we saw very little of Brewer because they are in the process of molding him into a LT? I just find it hard to believe that after the season McKenzie had that Brewer couldn't dethrone him from the RT position. It's also usually a long process to transition from the side you are used to so I think it's a realistic possibility. If so, do you think that it would put a larger need at the RT position and put us into play for someone like Bobby Massie? Let me know what you think whether it's a legitimate theory or if I'm trying to convince myself Brewer is better than he really is.[/quote] Redeye can vouch, i was a big James Brewer guy, and hes the guy i hoped for when our pick came up in RD 4, so i'll say what i've said back then, which is, that James Brewer tops out as a LT.. Hes obviously got the size and arm length to keep premier pass rushers from getting the edge, but also very good athletic ability, especially for a man his size.. Now, lets not forget Beatty was playing well before his injury, and i don't think he looks like he'd be a good RT, so unless injury, i see Brewer as a RT, but i think its possible if need be, that James Brewer be a very good LT in this league.. I'd of taken James Brewer over the guy the STEELERS took in RD 2, personally... Thats how good i think Brewer is.. I think we got a 2nd rd talent in RD 4...

Assuming the GIANTS trade OSI before the draft(i'd do it in a heartbeat, while hes regained value), we should at least get a 2nd rder outta it, and probably similar to the Shockey package of a 2nd and 5th.. Can u imagine the Draft we could have, as were probably also getting a couple comp picks for Cofield and Boss.. With us being over the Cap and being so good at drafting talent, i think getting as many picks, and shedding some contracts for guys who are injury prone or older isn't a bad idea, especially with the track record of Reese and his drafts...

1. Mike Adams OT Ohio St- I'm pretty much to the point, where if Adams is there, he should be the pick, because we just don't got enough at the OT positon behind Beatty and Brewer(who has yet to be involved in NFL action).. Didn't think adams was gonna be there when we picked, but he just might the more this thing plays out...

2. OSI TRADE- Doug Martin RB Boise St- Adds depth , and all around playmaking ability to the RB core...

2. Mychal Kendricks ILB Cal- A thumper of a MLB.. Guy will be beast on ST's also.. Would fit well into our view of what a LB should do..

3. Greg Childs WR Arkansas- I think his proday showed hes healthy, and if healthy, this guys a steal at the end of RD 3, and would be a huge weapon for ELI in the redzone and possesion wr...

4. Donnie Fletcher CB/S Boston College- Great value, and tremdous size for a CB...

4. (Comp for cofield) Jaye Howard DT Florida- Nice looking penetrating DT, who would fit nicely into a Rotation, and specifically seems like a DT that would be perfect fit next to run stuffing Joseph..

5. Ryan Miller G Colorado- Was presumed to be a 2nd rder earlier in season, and has fell a bit, but reese knows value, and this late in the 5th, would be a steal...

6.Sean Cattouse SS Cal- I like this kid alot as a sleeper.. A sure tackler, who hits hard, has great size, and moves around nicely on the field.. Could be nice replacement for Deon Grant possibly..

6. (Comp for boss) Scott Solomon DE Rice- Another Sleeper i like alot.. Bigtime motor and had productive season, and a very nice combine to boot...

7. Carson Wiggs K Purdue- This kid can kick, and was very accurate, and made some big boomers in his career with the boilermakers, which includes a 59yrder.. I don't like Tynes at all, and would love competiton for him..

I have no idea if were trading OSI by the way, just saying if we did, we could have a great draft, and for a guy who was yet again injured a huge part of the season and is another yr older, it would be a great idea in my mind..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Since people here in the Draft section seem to understand football a bit better than in the TAGF section, I'll ask my James Brewer question here. Is it possible that we saw very little of Brewer because they are in the process of molding him into a LT? I just find it hard to believe that after the season McKenzie had that Brewer couldn't dethrone him from the RT position. It's also usually a long process to transition from the side you are used to so I think it's a realistic possibility. If so, do you think that it would put a larger need at the RT position and put us into play for someone like Bobby Massie? Let me know what you think whether it's a legitimate theory or if I'm trying to convince myself Brewer is better than he really is.[/quote] Redeye can vouch, i was* a big James Brewer guy, and hes the guy i hoped for when our pick came up in RD 4,*** so i'll say what i've said back then, which is, that James Brewer tops out as a LT..* Hes obviously got the size and arm length to keep premier pass rushers from getting the edge, but also very good athletic ability, especially for a man his size..* Now,* lets not forget Beatty was playing well before his injury, and i don't think he looks like he'd be a good RT, so unless injury, i see Brewer as a RT, but i think its possible if need be, that James Brewer be a very good LT in this league..* I'd of taken James Brewer over the guy the STEELERS took in RD 2, personally... Thats how good i think Brewer is.. I think we got a 2nd rd talent in RD 4...[/quote]Yeah, I hear you on Beatty man. I have no qualms with his playing ability like most people on this board (no idea why) but the biggest knack is his ability to play a full season so far. He just gets dinged up too often and gets the freakiest ones too (unattached retina, wtf). I thought it was an alternate possibility that they could draft a RT this year and also pick one up in FA since that would be the cheapest route to go. I'm not the biggest Diehl fan at this point and think he should be cut or at least take a pay cut to stay on the bench but we do need depth at the tackle positions and thought perhaps that this idea here would be the cheaper and more efficient way to handle it since RT's aren't as hefty on the cap. Just a random thought that entered my head.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*I have no idea if were trading OSI by the way, just saying if we did, we could have a great draft, and for a guy who was yet again injured a huge part of the season and is another yr older, it would be a great idea in my mind..[/quote]I'd be fine with trading Osi but if we were, I'd probably feel more comfortable about it if we drafted a DE earlier who could potentially have the same pass rushing capabilities if he developed like Osi.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Since people here in the Draft section seem to understand football a bit better than in the TAGF section, I'll ask my James Brewer question here. Is it possible that we saw very little of Brewer because they are in the process of molding him into a LT? I just find it hard to believe that after the season McKenzie had that Brewer couldn't dethrone him from the RT position. It's also usually a long process to transition from the side you are used to so I think it's a realistic possibility. If so, do you think that it would put a larger need at the RT position and put us into play for someone like Bobby Massie? Let me know what you think whether it's a legitimate theory or if I'm trying to convince myself Brewer is better than he really is.[/quote] Redeye can vouch, i was a big James Brewer guy, and hes the guy i hoped for when our pick came up in RD 4, so i'll say what i've said back then, which is, that James Brewer tops out as a LT.. Hes obviously got the size and arm length to keep premier pass rushers from getting the edge, but also very good athletic ability, especially for a man his size.. Now, lets not forget Beatty was playing well before his injury, and i don't think he looks like he'd be a good RT, so unless injury, i see Brewer as a RT, but i think its possible if need be, that James Brewer be a very good LT in this league.. I'd of taken James Brewer over the guy the STEELERS took in RD 2, personally... Thats how good i think Brewer is.. I think we got a 2nd rd talent in RD 4...[/quote]Yeah, I hear you on Beatty man. I have no qualms with his playing ability like most people on this board (no idea why) but the biggest knack is his ability to play a full season so far. He just gets dinged up too often and gets the freakiest ones too (unattached retina, wtf). I thought it was an alternate possibility that they could draft a RT this year and also pick one up in FA since that would be the cheapest route to go. I'm not the biggest Diehl fan at this point and think he should be cut or at least take a pay cut to stay on the bench but we do need depth at the tackle positions and thought perhaps that this idea here would be the cheaper and more efficient way to handle it since RT's aren't as hefty on the cap. Just a random thought that entered my head.[/quote] Ya, beatty is injury prone, which is good that Brewers tapped out potential is that of a LT... I'm also not a huge Diehl guy anymore, and believe in getting rid of guys a yr early instead of a yr late(hence, why i'd trade OSI now, instead of have overpaid DE whos always hurt and tends to be invisible more and more on roster), and i think Diehl for one more season of Starting is possibly to late for him.. I think Petrus was our best "VALUE" pick the yr he came out, and also think hes got the goods to be a very solid G in this league given a legit chance.. We can find cheap Depth in FA'cy or in mid to late rds of the draft as well...

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I have no idea if were trading OSI by the way, just saying if we did, we could have a great draft, and for a guy who was yet again injured a huge part of the season and is another yr older, it would be a great idea in my mind..[/quote]I'd be fine with trading Osi but if we were, I'd probably feel more comfortable about it if we drafted a DE earlier who could potentially have the same pass rushing capabilities if he developed like Osi.[/quote] If i was GM, i'd resign Tollefson, and draft a DE early if the value was right, and if not, i'd consider moving Kiwi back to DE, or if hes capable, use em standing up a bit and with his hand in the dirt, on occasion..Of course if the value is right in the draft at DE and u get a guy like Andre Branch, then of course, i'd just keep Kiwi at LB, but if not, i'm fine having a DE rotation of Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, Tollefson, and possibly a Mid-Late rd guy like Scott Solomon...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]*I have no idea if were trading OSI by the way, just saying if we did, we could have a great draft, and for a guy who was yet again injured a huge part of the season and is another yr older, it would be a great idea in my mind..[/quote]I'd be fine with trading Osi but if we were, I'd probably feel more comfortable about it if we drafted a DE earlier who could potentially have the same pass rushing capabilities if he developed like Osi.[/quote]* If i was GM,* i'd resign Tollefson, and draft a DE early if the value was right, and if not, i'd consider moving Kiwi back to DE, or if hes capable, use em standing up a bit and with his hand in the dirt, on occasion..****Of course if the value is right in the draft at DE and u get a guy like Andre Branch, then of course, i'd just keep Kiwi at LB, but if not, i'm fine having a DE rotation of Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, Tollefson, and possibly a Mid-Late rd guy like Scott Solomon...*[/quote]What I think is a real possibility is that they end up letting Osi play the last year in his contract and then let him go to his final team and probably take someone like Brandon Jenkins from FSU in the 2013 draft. He has that same quickness and edge rushing ability like Osi has.

[quote user="Raptor22"]

Rd 2) Doug Martin - (RB, Boise St) Probably my favorite RB in the draft. I love the way he plays, and I agree wholly that he's the next in the MJD/Ray Rice line. He runs with the authoritah to in some part replace Brandon Jacobs... while also being a natural pass catcher. Not the home run-threat that Miller and Wilson are, which I think will hurt him. Unless he's a prototypical feature back, teams just don't seem to want to go with a "steady" back like Martin. Between that and the falling stock of the RB, I could definitely see him being a steal at 64

Rd 6) Random FSU freak that only Jerry Reese knows about. You know its going to happen.

[/quote]

Ill respond to these 2.

1) Because a guy is rated as a "2nd round prospect" does not mean he will fall to the last pick in the 2nd round. He will be gone by then.

2) Instead of "FSU" I think you mean "USF"

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]

Rd 2) Doug Martin - (RB, Boise St) Probably my favorite RB in the draft. I love the way he plays, and I agree wholly that he's the next in the MJD/Ray Rice line. He runs with the authoritah to in some part replace Brandon Jacobs... while also being a natural pass catcher. Not the home run-threat that Miller and Wilson are, which I think will hurt him. Unless he's a prototypical feature back, teams just don't seem to want to go with a "steady" back like Martin. Between that and the falling stock of the RB, I could definitely see him being a steal at 64

Rd 6) Random FSU freak that only Jerry Reese knows about. You know its going to happen.

[/quote]

Ill respond to these 2.

1) Because a guy is rated as a "2nd round prospect" does not mean he will fall to the last pick in the 2nd round. He will be gone by then.

2) Instead of "FSU" I think you mean "USF"
    [/quote]

That was my 'best case scenario'. I've learned never to underestimate GMs' abilities to talk themselves out of a pick... just look at Prince, JPP, Marvin Austin, or Chad Jones. I'm not saying Martin WILL fall to 32, I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me, and if he's there he should be the pick (unless GM's let someone even better fall). Likewise, I recognize that he SHOULD go before 64, and would gladly take Robert Turbin later on.

Also, I didn't say it, but taking Perry allows for Osi to be traded for another 2nd rounded (I'm thinking Buffalo). Martin could be had there.

And yeah, that's exactly what I meant... my fingers got confused lol.

+ Reply to Thread