+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 562 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

All-Pro

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

What time does the draft start? 7pm?

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I have no idea if were trading OSI by the way, just saying if we did, we could have a great draft, and for a guy who was yet again injured a huge part of the season and is another yr older, it would be a great idea in my mind..[/quote]I'd be fine with trading Osi but if we were, I'd probably feel more comfortable about it if we drafted a DE earlier who could potentially have the same pass rushing capabilities if he developed like Osi.[/quote] If i was GM, i'd resign Tollefson, and draft a DE early if the value was right, and if not, i'd consider moving Kiwi back to DE, or if hes capable, use em standing up a bit and with his hand in the dirt, on occasion..Of course if the value is right in the draft at DE and u get a guy like Andre Branch, then of course, i'd just keep Kiwi at LB, but if not, i'm fine having a DE rotation of Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, Tollefson, and possibly a Mid-Late rd guy like Scott Solomon...[/quote]What I think is a real possibility is that they end up letting Osi play the last year in his contract and then let him go to his final team and probably take someone like Brandon Jenkins from FSU in the 2013 draft. He has that same quickness and edge rushing ability like Osi has.[/quote]Brandon Jenkins is a stud and I actually think he'll do really well in the NFL. There's a DE on the other side by the name of Bjorn Werner who's pretty damn good himself. They might have the best D-Line in the country this year. Btw, nice job on your SIG, lol

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I have no idea if were trading OSI by the way, just saying if we did, we could have a great draft, and for a guy who was yet again injured a huge part of the season and is another yr older, it would be a great idea in my mind..[/quote]I'd be fine with trading Osi but if we were, I'd probably feel more comfortable about it if we drafted a DE earlier who could potentially have the same pass rushing capabilities if he developed like Osi.[/quote] If i was GM, i'd resign Tollefson, and draft a DE early if the value was right, and if not, i'd consider moving Kiwi back to DE, or if hes capable, use em standing up a bit and with his hand in the dirt, on occasion..Of course if the value is right in the draft at DE and u get a guy like Andre Branch, then of course, i'd just keep Kiwi at LB, but if not, i'm fine having a DE rotation of Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, Tollefson, and possibly a Mid-Late rd guy like Scott Solomon...[/quote]What I think is a real possibility is that they end up letting Osi play the last year in his contract and then let him go to his final team and probably take someone like Brandon Jenkins from FSU in the 2013 draft. He has that same quickness and edge rushing ability like Osi has.[/quote] The only thing is, how will OSI act if he dosen't get a new contract? Will he hold out? U never know with OSI.. SOmething tells me, hes gonna be a big baby if he dosen't get a new contract..

Somebody who knows a thing or two about the salary cap, explain this to me. Cowboys, Redskins penalized for overspending

[quote user="Raptor22"]Alrighty, I guess its time I threw down a short mock:

Rd 1) Nick Perry - (DE/OLB, USC). Not my favorite DL in the draft, or even my favorite DE. However, I think the depth at DL will push him down to 32. Likewise, I think the versitility of guys like Andre Branch, Melvin Ingram, Upshaw, and Mercilus will get them taken before Perry, who I see as strictly a DE (I don't see the hips to be able to drop back into coverage)

As of RIGHT NOW, I think Mercilus is the better/more ready DE. However, a year from now, after spending time learning from Tuck and Osi, Perry could be better. Perry's long, at 6'5", with LONG arms (something JR ALWAYS looks for). He has a ridiculous first step (fastest in the combine, IIRC). In my own humble opinion, the only thing I think Perry needs is coaching. He's got all the tools to be a suitable successor to Justin Tuck, and like Mayock, I think he's a natural LDE, who has the ability to get after the QB while defending the run. Perry and JPP could terrorize QB's for years to come.

Rd 2) Doug Martin - (RB, Boise St) Probably my favorite RB in the draft. I love the way he plays, and I agree wholly that he's the next in the MJD/Ray Rice line. He runs with the authoritah to in some part replace Brandon Jacobs... while also being a natural pass catcher. Not the home run-threat that Miller and Wilson are, which I think will hurt him. Unless he's a prototypical feature back, teams just don't seem to want to go with a "steady" back like Martin. Between that and the falling stock of the RB, I could definitely see him being a steal at 64

Rd 3) Audie Cole - (LB, NC State). This guy is a prototyical Giants draft choice. Tall, long, athletic, versatile, and productive. He can play inside or outside, which will be useful going forward if Goff can't/isn't re-signed, or if Osi is traded and Kiwi needs to play DE (again). Beyond that, I think that with some coaching/seasoning, he could be one of the best LB's in the draft. I just love the way he moves... kinda reminds me of a white Patrick Willis (just eye-test, nobody get their knickers in a knot)

Rd 4) James Brown (T/G, Troy): JR's typical mid-round OL steal. Another Giants prototype, with freakishly long arms and great athleticism. Despite coming from a small school, he comported himself well whenever faced by high-level competition. A former tackle who will probably have to kick inside to guard, he did very well in the pulling drill at the combine (good skill to have for a Giants lineman). He can also sub at RT, if necessary.

Rd 5) Marcel Jones (T, Nebraska). Big, Tall, and he's got a fro. I thought he performed well in the combine. Not the fastest guy (at all), but he's got size and I thought he did well in the on-field drills. Also, he REALLY reminds me of Julius (Samuel L. Jackson's character from Pulp Fiction). Isn't that reason enough?

Rd 6) Random FSU freak that only Jerry Reese knows about. You know its going to happen.

Rd 7) Kellen Moore (QB, Boise St.) Three reasons for this one: 1) Winningest college QB ever. 2) JR has shown a couple times that he WANTS to draft a QB, groom him behind Eli. Either to grow a backup in-house, or flip for better picks down the road (IE: Kolb). 3) Could be drafting our future OC. Because of his physical limitations, he probably understands the game better than anyone in the draft, including Andrew Luck. He HAS to. The comment was made during the combine: If Moore doesn't make it as a QB, he very well could get into coaching. Why not grow our own (now THAT's continuity)

(Note: if Martin isn't available in the 2nd, I'd go with Kevin Zietler (G-Wisconsin) in the 2nd, and Robert Turbin in the 4th (Dough Martin clone... little less shifty, but dude's got GUNS! and from what I've heard a big chip on his shoulder. Two things we want)

Okay, feel free to mock my mock
    [/quote]Mock looks pretty solid- I think Cole might be a little bit of a reach in RD 3 but I could be wrong. Also, not a fan of Kellen Moore in RD 7 and don't think the Giants are either. I just don't see a future for this guy in the NFL, maybe the CFL. Barely 6"0, weak arm, limited mobility, & was never really battle tested (weak conference).

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Devon Still highlights - extended version

Brandon Boykin (UGA Highlights)

2012 NFL Prospect Highlights: Josh Robinson

Robert Turbin in BEAST MODE

[/quote]

I know some have his stock dropping of late. But, I still think Devon is my favorite DT prospect in this draft.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Devon Still highlights - extended version

Brandon Boykin (UGA Highlights)

2012 NFL Prospect Highlights: Josh Robinson

Robert Turbin in BEAST MODE

[/quote]

I know some have his stock dropping of late. But, I still think Devon is my favorite DT prospect in this draft.
    [/quote]Brockers and Poe will be gone, Fletcher Cox has got to be up there w/ Still. Devon Still isn't gonna get a team many sacks, but he'll command double teams & clog up rushing lanes. Some have compared him to a poor man's Suh.

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Somebody who knows a thing or two about the salary cap, explain this to me. Cowboys, Redskins penalized for overspending[/quote]Think that the NFL warned teams not to have too many front loaded contracts for the 10-11 season since it was "pushing the rules" per say to avoid cap issues in future seasons. The Cowboys and Redskins were the biggest offenders by far.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Somebody who knows a thing or two about the salary cap, explain this to me. Cowboys, Redskins penalized for overspending[/quote]Think that the NFL warned teams not to have too many front loaded contracts for the 10-11 season since it was "pushing the rules" per say to avoid cap issues in future seasons. The Cowboys and Redskins were the biggest offenders by far.[/quote]Cowboys lose 10 million, Skins 36 million. That's a lot of money man for "pushing the rules". Not that I care, but after signing RG3 to his contract, they won't have much more money to play w/ after that.

+ Reply to Thread