Kirkpatrick wows during Alabamaís proday

Wilson d***les, Konz sits at Wisconsin proday

USC proday

Fletcher cements status at Mississippi State proday

Mayock: Clemson trio didnít disappoint at proday

Pro day roundup: Mississippi, Northwestern,Ohio

Crick shows strength at Nebraska proday

[/quote]

In the other thread about players we like for the Giants, I mentioned Childs because to me, he is 1 of a few mid/late round prospects who are considered "outside" guys, which is what I feel we need.

After the 1st round talents, this Wr class is strongest in guys who would line up in the slot. I feel it would be a shame to remove Cruz from that role since he is the best slot guy in the NFL. A guy like Childs is a mid round option to help fill MM's shoes.
    [/quote] I freaking love childs.. Hes exactly the type of player Reese gets, because Reese just gets it, and realizes Childs was a borderline 1st rder, at least 2nd rder going into this season, but injuries really hampered his season, but Reese i'm sure realizes by Childs proday that the guy is healthy, adn will love getting CHilds as a Value pick... Redeye adn I have both always liked Childs, and its usually a good sign, when all 3 of us( u included), like the same player..lol Childs would fit this team like a glove...

I also think danny coale would be a good outside guy, who can also go over the middle, and has a good frame on em, to absorb contact, and would be a nice 5th rd-7th rd WR for us.. Coale is gonna be a steal for someone, mark my words.. He won't be a star, but he will be very good...

Veteran

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

First Draft: Doug Martin

[/quote]* As probably Doug Martins biggest fan, its kinda hard to like this guy anymore then i have, but i gotta say,* I actually found alittle room to like* em* just a bit more after watching that..* The guy comes off as confident but not overly ****y, and just seems like a good kid..* As i've said before, hes the complete package, with Balance, can cut on a dime, power, catching ability, breakaway speed, burst, blocking ability..etc, and as he said, hes in the mold of a Ray Rice, and i will add* MJD as well..* I've said that all along...* I've called this kid the 2nd best back in this draft for a couple months now, and i stand by that..* I'd take him in the late 1st, and be totally confident in what i'm gonna get production wise outta him, as far as living up that pick... I was watching some film on him just the other day again, and its sickening,* how much he brings to the table.. There is really nothing he lacks as a RB...[/quote]

the ONLY thing you could say Martin lacks is "Elite" breakaway speed (ie: Chris Johnson, LaMicheal James, Da'Rell Scott).

Its a lame excuse not to draft him, considering how much else he brings to the table.

I'd LOVE to see him in Blue next year, but if not, I'm perfectly fine with drafting Robert Turbin too []
    [/quote] Oh, i dissagree.. Hes totally got break away speed..* Even in this paticular play, which is off a little dump off pass, he still gets to full speed and bursn the secondary like nothing.. Also, i've seen him just fly on KO's, including the Opening KO against Arz St in bowl game... Even off contact, he still bairly breaks stride and can get to top gear so quickly, its scary..

Doug Martin Another Crazy Run 84 Yard TD Vs. Utah - YouTube

[/quote]* whoops, that TD i pasted was off a run play, this one is where he does it on a dumpoff..* I know highlight films are dudes best plays, but please watch this DOUG MARTIn highlight film!!! I beg u!!!!!lol* Its just a complete back, to the fullest definition!* The balance, explosion, hands, speed, is incredible!

[/quote]

I worded my 'knock' poorly. I don't mean to say that he can't run away from defenses, but rather he doesn't have that rare 4.2-4.3 speed. And like I said, its lame complaint, considering everything else he brings to the table, but its the only one GMs can make.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

Childs impresses at Arkansas proday

USC proday

[/quote]

In the other thread about players we like for the Giants, I mentioned Childs because to me, he is 1 of a few mid/late round prospects who are considered "outside" guys, which is what I feel we need.

After the 1st round talents, this Wr class is strongest in guys who would line up in the slot. I feel it would be a shame to remove Cruz from that role since he is the best slot guy in the NFL. A guy like Childs is a mid round option to help fill MM's shoes.
    [/quote] I freaking love childs.. Hes exactly the type of player Reese gets, because Reese just gets it, and realizes Childs was a borderline 1st rder, at least 2nd rder going into this season, but injuries really hampered his season, but Reese i'm sure realizes by Childs proday that the guy is healthy, adn will love getting CHilds as a Value pick... Redeye adn I have both always liked Childs, and its usually a good sign, when all 3 of us( u included), like the same player..lol Childs would fit this team like a glove...

I also think danny coale would be a good outside guy, who can also go over the middle, and has a good frame on em, to absorb contact, and would be a nice 5th rd-7th rd WR for us.. Coale is gonna be a steal for someone, mark my words.. He won't be a star, but he will be very good...

[/quote]

You see what he did at his pro day? 4.39 in the 40. 40 1/2 vertical(on a 6-3 guy?!) and a 10 -7 broad. On top of that, because i know your not a measurables guy, he suposedly looked amazing in position drills.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

Childs impresses at Arkansas proday

USC proday

[/quote]

[/quote]

You see what he did at his pro day? 4.39 in the 40. 40 1/2 vertical(on a 6-3 guy?!) and a 10 -7 broad. On top of that, because i know your not a measurables guy, he suposedly looked amazing in position drills.

[/quote] I woulden't say i'm totally not a measurables guy, i just woulden't base my decison's totally on that.. Example, i woulden't not draft Earl Thomas because hes a little light or something...

Ya, i seen he killed it t his proday, which tells me, hes completely healthy, and closer to that late 1st, 2nd rd prospect he used to be perdicted to be...

I se a lot of people linking Mike Admas to the Giants. Why I could see the Giants liking him im just not that big of a fan of his. His tape is really not that good. He could work out as a RT but honestly think id take Massie ahead of him. I think Massie may be better then Martin as well

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I se a lot of people linking Mike Admas to the Giants. Why I could see the Giants liking him im just not that big of a fan of his. His tape is really not that good. He could work out as a RT but honestly think id take Massie ahead of him. I think Massie may be better then Martin as well[/quote]

If there's 3 guys that top my

list, its
    1) Vontaze Burfict
    2) Zebrie Sanders
    3) Mike Adams

His tape was mediocre, and for a supposed "athletic freak" his workout wasn't anything to write home about either. Not the combination for a 1st rounder.

Somebody very interesting (that nobody is expecting) is going to fall... Now I'm seeing Tannehill as a top 10-12 pick. I stand by my statement that I wouldn't be surprised in the least if 4-5 QB's go in the 1st this year, whether they deserve to or not.

Either that or JR might actually trade out of the 1st. Barring a shocking fall, that might be the best move. The mid rounds look to be very solid this year (Nab Doug Martin, Amini, Casey Hayward/Justin Trumaine and Tyrone Crawford and I'll have to put my "Grand Theft: Draft" sig back up)

Yeah, come to think of it I like the talents in the middle of the second round better than late first as well

Veteran

-OR-

The Giants could trade up and draft Melvin Ingram

dpbruglerDane Brugler
    Spent a few hours watching RB tape w/ Emmitt Smith today..A LOT of great stuff...RB he got most excited about? Boise's Doug Martin #NFLDraft

haha