+ Reply to Thread
Page 371 of 562 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

I was checking out Charlie Campbell's latest mock that came out this morning, and i really disliked what he had for us... Not all the picks, but he just had a ton of guys who were hit or miss, which is fine, if u have 1or2, but he had about 4of the 5picks, as hit or miss types.. I think we'll take a couple high upside guys who drop, but not that many...

His draft had us going

1. Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St- Funny, because i've been saying that i could really see us grabbing Worthy if hes on the board still at 32, as hes got the upside, measuables, and decent on field production, and plays a positon of great importance to the GIANTS success..

2. Zerbie Sanders OT Fla St- Big bust here, i think.. Just not impressed with what i see from this guy..

3. Bernard Pierce RB Temple- Fine with this pick... Been a pierce fan since 2010..

4. Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St- Puked in my mouth!

5. Travis Lewis LB Oklahoma- No problem here, but 2many hit or miss guys to go with another , in my opinion..

So Anyways, i tweaked it, and think i made a nice mock for us, that i'm proud of..lol

1. Jerel Worthy DT Mich St

2. Bobby Wagner LB Utah St- Goff is unknown at this point, if he'll even be back, and i love the thumper from Utah St, whos everywhere on the field, and very consistent...

3. Bernard Pierce RB Temple

4. Ladarious Green TE La Tech- More of a pass catcher, could team with bennett to be a formidable duo, if ballard and beckum have trouble getting back from injury..

5. Tom Compton OT S.Dakota St- I really like this small school stud, who has made some noise since the offseason began... Great Measurables, and dominated small school comp..

[/quote] If i were to finish the mock of, which i all ready should of done, i'd of gone with

5.(Comp for cofield) Danny Coale WR Va Tech- I think he fits our team like a glove...

6. Sean Cattouse SS California- Another sleeper of mine, i think has the run stuffing potential, and is somewhat of a intimidator out there, and could possibly fit that deon grant role for us..

7. Garth Gerhart C Arz St- Most underrated C in this class.. I think hes better then David Molk to be honest, and woulden't be surprised if he ended up a starter down the line..

Veteran

Tebus, Draftek's mocks are driving me crazy... Have they ever SEEN a Giant's draft class? What in the world makes them think that not only will JR take a 5'10" receiver in the 1st, but pass up Nick Perry who is a prototype Giants DE to do it? Or do it again in the 3rd? (taking Ryan Broyles over a bunch of prototypical "Giants" picks)... and they have JR reaching almost every round (except for Broyles and Polk(?))

Oh, and passing up on Doug Martin to take Nick Polk is just stupid. Oh, and they don't have Tyrone Crawford going until the 7th...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

I was checking out Charlie Campbell's latest mock that came out this morning, and i really disliked what he had for us... Not all the picks, but he just had a ton of guys who were hit or miss, which is fine, if u have 1or2, but he had about 4of the 5picks, as hit or miss types.. I think we'll take a couple high upside guys who drop, but not that many...

His draft had us going

1. Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St- Funny, because i've been saying that i could really see us grabbing Worthy if hes on the board still at 32, as hes got the upside, measuables, and decent on field production, and plays a positon of great importance to the GIANTS success..

2. Zerbie Sanders OT Fla St- Big bust here, i think.. Just not impressed with what i see from this guy..

3. Bernard Pierce RB Temple- Fine with this pick... Been a pierce fan since 2010..

5. Travis Lewis LB Oklahoma- No problem here, but 2many hit or miss guys to go with another , in my opinion..

So Anyways, i tweaked it, and think i made a nice mock for us, that i'm proud of..lol

2. Bobby Wagner LB Utah St- Goff is unknown at this point, if he'll even be back, and i love the thumper from Utah St, whos everywhere on the field, and very consistent...

4. Ladarious Green TE La Tech- More of a pass catcher, could team with bennett to be a formidable duo, if ballard and beckum have trouble getting back from injury..

5. Tom Compton OT S.Dakota St- I really like this small school stud, who has made some noise since the offseason began... Great Measurables, and dominated small school comp..

[/quote] If i were to finish the mock of, which i all ready should of done, i'd of gone with

5.(Comp for cofield) Danny Coale WR Va Tech- I think he fits our team like a glove...

6. Sean Cattouse SS California- Another sleeper of mine, i think has the run stuffing potential, and is somewhat of a intimidator out there, and could possibly fit that deon grant role for us..

7. Garth Gerhart C Arz St- Most underrated C in this class.. I think hes better then David Molk to be honest, and woulden't be surprised if he ended up a starter down the line..

[/quote] I Gotta do a new mock now that i know we got a extra 4th rd pick!!!!!!lol Freaking stoked! Reese is gonna kill it this yr, yet again! Comp pick changes my philosophy..

1. Doug Martin RB Boise St- We simply need another RB, with Bradshaw's always injured feet, and jacobs gone as of now, and nothing behind him to speak of, as far as what they've shown to this point.. Doug Martin is the most complete back in this draft, in my opinion.. Hes a bowling ball, and ELI will love having him as a weapon to throw to outta backfield...

2. Bobby Wagner LB Utah St- Goff is unknown if he'll be back, and Wagner is a all over the field LB that makes plays and hits hard.. I think Jaquian Williams and Wagner would make tons of plays side by side for yrs to come...

3. Jeff Allen OT Illinois- Could help at T or G, and could be a find late 3rd, if still on board...

4. Ladarious Green TE La Tech- Tons of upside as a pass catcher, and Pope should be able to help his blocking down the line.. Green and Eli in the redzone is a scary thought for defenses...

4.(comp) Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College- Solid Value, and fits the Size the Giants like at CB... This has Reese Value pick written all over it..

5. Tom Compton OT S.Dakota St- Big upside, and great measuarables, and has performed well in offseason workouts.. Keep the depth growing on the oline... I think Compton could max out as a LT in the pros...

6. Scott Solomon DE Rice- I love this kid.. Hes one of my top sleepers, and would be perfect to fill the role that Tollefson held for us, as a rotational DE that can rush the passer...

7. Derek Moye WR Penn St- Give this kid a legit WR, and watch out.. He's gonna love having a QB who can actually get him the ball, if given a legit shot.. Moye will be a steal if drafted by Giants...

Veteran

Watching some more Gilmore, and while I liked him before, I never really WATCHED him (I spent more time watching SC's line, because when they were on, it was like watching the G-Men when their line's going. A thing of beauty...).

If the top DE's aren't around, and Gilmore is, I would wholeheartedly support that pick. He really reminds me of TT24 (although, I've seen comparisons to pre-injury Ross). He plays FAST, hits hard in the run game, and makes plays in the passing game, as well as on ST's.

...and we need more guys with great hair (which is one reason why I want them to nab Marcel Jones)

My number 2 rated CB in this years draft behind Mo Claiborne, Janoris Jenkins. This kid is a baller and I love his style of play at corner. Jenkins a changed man?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

His draft had us going

[/quote] I Gotta do a new mock now that i know we got a extra 4th rd pick!!!!!!lol Freaking stoked! Reese is gonna kill it this yr, yet again! Comp pick changes my philosophy..

1. Doug Martin RB Boise St- We simply need another RB, with Bradshaw's always injured feet, and jacobs gone as of now, and nothing behind him to speak of, as far as what they've shown to this point.. Doug Martin is the most complete back in this draft, in my opinion.. Hes a bowling ball, and ELI will love having him as a weapon to throw to outta backfield...

2. Bobby Wagner LB Utah St- Goff is unknown if he'll be back, and Wagner is a all over the field LB that makes plays and hits hard.. I think Jaquian Williams and Wagner would make tons of plays side by side for yrs to come...

3. Jeff Allen OT Illinois- Could help at T or G, and could be a find late 3rd, if still on board...

4. Ladarious Green TE La Tech- Tons of upside as a pass catcher, and Pope should be able to help his blocking down the line.. Green and Eli in the redzone is a scary thought for defenses...

4.(comp) Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College- Solid Value, and fits the Size the Giants like at CB... This has Reese Value pick written all over it..

5. Tom Compton OT S.Dakota St- Big upside, and great measuarables, and has performed well in offseason workouts.. Keep the depth growing on the oline... I think Compton could max out as a LT in the pros...

6. Scott Solomon DE Rice- I love this kid.. Hes one of my top sleepers, and would be perfect to fill the role that Tollefson held for us, as a rotational DE that can rush the passer...

7. Derek Moye WR Penn St- Give this kid a legit WR, and watch out.. He's gonna love having a QB who can actually get him the ball, if given a legit shot.. Moye will be a steal if drafted by Giants...

[/quote]
    thats a hot draft, ima buy it a drink and hit on it. Dont tell my wife.

[quote user="Raptor22"]Watching some more Gilmore, and while I liked him before, I never really WATCHED him (I spent more time watching SC's line, because when they were on, it was like watching the G-Men when their line's going. A thing of beauty...).

If the top DE's aren't around, and Gilmore is, I would wholeheartedly support that pick. He really reminds me of TT24 (although, I've seen comparisons to pre-injury Ross). He plays FAST, hits hard in the run game, and makes plays in the passing game, as well as on ST's.

...and we need more guys with great hair (which is one reason why I want them to nab Marcel Jones)
    [/quote]

To me, Gilmore has Giants written all over him. My only concern is how he did in interviews. But, if that went ov er well, I could see us jumping on him.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]Watching some more Gilmore, and while I liked him before, I never really WATCHED him (I spent more time watching SC's line, because when they were on, it was like watching the G-Men when their line's going. A thing of beauty...).

[/quote]

To me, Gilmore has Giants written all over him. My only concern is how he did in interviews. But, if that went ov er well, I could see us jumping on him.
    [/quote] I put Gilmore down in the thread i started, "players u think giants will draft and or show high interest in"... As u said, i feel Gilmore has Giants written all over him, and really reminds me alot of Corey Webster... I bet Reese is drewling over Gilmore and Omar Bolden, when he thinks of the corners in this draft...

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

His draft had us going

[/quote]
    thats a hot draft, ima buy it a drink and hit on it. Dont tell my wife.
    [/quote] LOL! I'm glad u like!

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]Watching some more Gilmore, and while I liked him before, I never really WATCHED him (I spent more time watching SC's line, because when they were on, it was like watching the G-Men when their line's going. A thing of beauty...).

[/quote]

[/quote]You really think so??

The way he shies away from contact at the line leads me to believe the opposite about him. Our CBs are big, physical, bastids that can rough you up at the line no problem. It looks like Gilmore has never laid hands on someone within 10yds ofthe LOS
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

+ Reply to Thread