+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 562 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422472 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Veteran

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]Watching some more Gilmore, and while I liked him before, I never really WATCHED him (I spent more time watching SC's line, because when they were on, it was like watching the G-Men when their line's going. A thing of beauty...).

If the top DE's aren't around, and Gilmore is, I would wholeheartedly support that pick. He really reminds me of TT24 (although, I've seen comparisons to pre-injury Ross). He plays FAST, hits hard in the run game, and makes plays in the passing game, as well as on ST's.

...and we need more guys with great hair (which is one reason why I want them to nab Marcel Jones)
    [/quote]

To me, Gilmore has Giants written all over him. My only concern is how he did in interviews. But, if that went ov er well, I could see us jumping on him.
    [/quote]You really think so??

The way he shies away from contact at the line leads me to believe the opposite about him. Our CBs are big, physical, bastids that can rough you up at the line no problem. It looks like Gilmore has never laid hands on someone within 10yds ofthe LOS
    [/quote]

That's SC's defensive scheme. They play a LOT of press/bail or off man coverage, which really clashes with his skill set. He's pretty ferocious in run support, and is a good blitzer as well (I think I've even seen him line up at LB).

In the two vids Redeye has of him, I believe he got 1 punt block returned for a TD, a couple TFL's, a sack or two and at least 1 pick. There are low-lights as well, but most of the catches on him are when they have both CB's lining up 10yrds off. But then, the play usually stops when he arrives.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]Watching some more Gilmore, and while I liked him before, I never really WATCHED him (I spent more time watching SC's line, because when they were on, it was like watching the G-Men when their line's going. A thing of beauty...).

If the top DE's aren't around, and Gilmore is, I would wholeheartedly support that pick. He really reminds me of TT24 (although, I've seen comparisons to pre-injury Ross). He plays FAST, hits hard in the run game, and makes plays in the passing game, as well as on ST's.

...and we need more guys with great hair (which is one reason why I want them to nab Marcel Jones)
    [/quote]

To me, Gilmore has Giants written all over him. My only concern is how he did in interviews. But, if that went ov er well, I could see us jumping on him.
    [/quote] I put Gilmore down in the thread i started, "players u think giants will draft and or show high interest in"... As u said, i feel Gilmore has Giants written all over him, and really reminds me alot of Corey Webster... I bet Reese is drewling over Gilmore and Omar Bolden, when he thinks of the corners in this draft...[/quote]I think you're greatly overvaluing Gilmore. The guy did not have a good year this year. He got beat multiple times over and simply didn't produce the way he has in years past. He's a 2nd rd pick imo.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]Watching some more Gilmore, and while I liked him before, I never really WATCHED him (I spent more time watching SC's line, because when they were on, it was like watching the G-Men when their line's going. A thing of beauty...).

[/quote]

[/quote]You really think so??

The way he shies away from contact at the line leads me to believe the opposite about him. Our CBs are big, physical, bastids that can rough you up at the line no problem. It looks like Gilmore has never laid hands on someone within 10yds ofthe LOS
    [/quote]

That's SC's defensive scheme. They play a LOT of press/bail or off man coverage, which really clashes with his skill set. He's pretty ferocious in run support, and is a good blitzer as well (I think I've even seen him line up at LB).

In the two vids Redeye has of him, I believe he got 1 punt block returned for a TD, a couple TFL's, a sack or two and at least 1 pick. There are low-lights as well, but most of the catches on him are when they have both CB's lining up 10yrds off. But then, the play usually stops when he arrives.
    [/quote]Im no college ball expert, but it just made me very uneasy to see him rarely touching the WRs off the line. Yes, he's damned good in coverage, but I want our guys roughing up the WRs off the line
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="NCGiant23"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]Watching some more Gilmore, and while I liked him before, I never really WATCHED him (I spent more time watching SC's line, because when they were on, it was like watching the G-Men when their line's going. A thing of beauty...).

[/quote]

[/quote] I put Gilmore down in the thread i started, "players u think giants will draft and or show high interest in"... As u said, i feel Gilmore has Giants written all over him, and really reminds me alot of Corey Webster... I bet Reese is drewling over Gilmore and Omar Bolden, when he thinks of the corners in this draft...[/quote]I think you're greatly overvaluing Gilmore. The guy did not have a good year this year. He got beat multiple times over and simply didn't produce the way he has in years past. He's a 2nd rd pick imo.
    [/quote] Who'd he get beat by? Jarious Wright did all his damage against other db's, with both of his TD's coming when Gilmore was not playing him.... Clemson did squat in the air against them... Really no one outside of Arkansas did much in the air against S.Carolina, unless u include GA, and that wasen't much to do with gilmore either..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="NCGiant23"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"]Watching some more Gilmore, and while I liked him before, I never really WATCHED him (I spent more time watching SC's line, because when they were on, it was like watching the G-Men when their line's going. A thing of beauty...).

[/quote]

[/quote]* I put Gilmore down in the thread i started, "players u think giants will draft and or show high interest in"... As u said, i feel Gilmore has Giants written all over him, and really reminds me alot of Corey Webster...* I bet Reese is drewling over Gilmore and Omar Bolden,* when he thinks of the corners in this draft...[/quote]I think you're greatly overvaluing Gilmore.* The guy did not have a good year this year.* He got beat multiple times over and simply didn't produce the way he has in years past.* He's a 2nd rd pick imo.
    [/quote]* Who'd he get beat by?* Jarious Wright did all his damage against other db's, with both of his TD's coming when Gilmore was not playing him.... Clemson did squat in the air against them...* Really no one outside of Arkansas did much in the air against S.Carolina, unless u include GA, and that wasen't much to do with gilmore either..[/quote]He played well against Clemson I was going to cut a vid of him but there was nothing there to do. Donnie Fletcher and Gilmore to me are the 2 guys that look like Giant corners the most in this draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"] Donnie Fletcher and Gilmore to me are the 2 guys that look like Giant corners the most in this draft[/quote]

I really like Donnie Fletcher. Hard to tell when he will get drafted though. Ive seen him as a 4th rounder, but he did run sub 4.4 at his proday. Might be a late riser as teams look at him more.

Still not sure how he didnt get invited to the combine.

PRO DAY
    March 28:
    Central Florida, Connecticut, Newberry, Northern Iowa, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Carolina State

Here are the other notable performers from Vanderbilt’s pro day:

Casey Hayward, CB (5-11 1/4, 193) — Brett Maxie, current Dallas Cowboys secondary coach
    and a veteran of 13 NFL seasons as a safety, worked Hayward out during
    position drills. Hayward — who worked out at the combine — is a solid
    player who helped himself out during the workout, and figures to be
    selected in the lower half of the second round or early in the third
    round.

Notre Dame's Smith ready to face NFL's new breed of tight ends

Veteran

Alshon Jeffery just threw down 4.39 and 4.47sec 40 times.

36.5in vertical, 10'2" long jump, and weighed in at 213.

[quote user="Raptor22"]Alshon Jeffery just threw down 4.39 and 4.47sec 40 times.

36.5in vertical, 10'2" long jump, and weighed in at 213.

[/quote]4.52 official time??

Veteran

We've talked about sleepers, and risers... but what about the guys going in the other direction?

What diamonds do you think will/could fall into JR's hands?

Personally, I've been thinking that Micheal Brockers will be the DT to fall. The kid is raw as hell, and he played too heavy, but he fits JR's mold to a T. If he could get down to a semi-lean 305, he could be a terror.

Also, I'm looking at Kuechly as a possible faller. I love the kid, but given how the LB market has moved, or rather, hasn't, I don't see much interest in LB's this year in the NFL. Also, I'm wondering how much of his combine numbers are the product of post-season workouts. His combine numbers were as good if not better than Patrick Willis', and while Kuechly is a great prospect, I don't see "best LB in the league" when I watch him play. And given how prone GM's are to talking themselves out of picks, if I'M thinking that, they probably are too.

+ Reply to Thread