+ Reply to Thread
Page 374 of 562 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]PRO DAY
    March 28:
    Central Florida, Connecticut, Newberry, Northern Iowa, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Carolina State

Here are the other notable performers from Vanderbilt’s pro day:

Casey Hayward, CB (5-11 1/4, 193) — Brett Maxie, current Dallas Cowboys secondary coach and a veteran of 13 NFL seasons as a safety, worked Hayward out during position drills. Hayward — who worked out at the combine — is a solid player who helped himself out during the workout, and figures to be selected in the lower half of the second round or early in the third round.

Notre Dame's Smith ready to face NFL's new breed of tight ends

[/quote] I've said numerous times for months now, i think Hayward is the 2nd best CB in this draft after Claiborne... I thought at one point he would eventually rise into late 1st rd contention, and i think when said and done, his on field production is gonna be that of a 1st rder.. Doug Martin and Casey Hayward have been 2 of my favorite prospects since the season, and i;ve thought them both to be grossley underrated and just a matter of time before NFL teams nad Draft guru's start catching on, and for the most part, they have or are in the midst of doing so...[/quote]Heyward is one of my favorite players to cut videos for and I usually hate cutting CB's. [/quote]Heyward is another CB who fits the Giants defensive coverage scheme to a T.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Eagles holding a workout for Ryan Tannehill. Thats the best fit for him to land. Andy Reids offense has made Kevin Kolb and AJ Feely look good. Tannehill is 10 times for physically gifted then those guys.[/quote]I personally see a lot to like in Tannehill. The kid is incredible in the pocket, has mobility, and is still growing as a passer. He throws with timing and anticipation, and he is pretty good at it. Excellent on the move as well.

He would be great in the WCO, and under Reid's tutelage, he could probably become a top 10 QB. Problem is, Philly would have to trade up, and pretty far. There is no way he makes it past Cleveland and Miami.

I can see where people see the bust potential, but there is so much to like as well.

Marvin Jones is becoming one of my favorite receivers in this whole class. I have moved him up to three in my own rankings, and he's quickly gaining a first round grade for me.

Stephen Hill, free falling. The more I watch him, the less savvy of a player in terms of routes, he has great speed, but not a great seperator, and I don't really see a NATURAL hands catcher.

As of now:
    -1. Michael Floyd
    -2. Justin Blackmon
    -3. Marvin Jones
    -4. Kendall Wright
    -5. Reuben Randle*

*I really want to put a healthy Greg Childs at 5.

I've been very high on marvin jones since those reports of him being dominant in the senior bowl practices.

Behind kendall wright, he might be the best non-slot receiver in the draft getting separation in intermediate passing game or against isolation cvg. He has great quickness and extremely sharp unlike a lot of receivers in this draft

Would have to agree about hill slipping. I'm in love with his body control and top end speed but I'm now starting to go skeptical. Just isn't a great route runner and like alshon jeffery, because of his size he might struggle to get separation. He can make up for it by developing some savvy/moves but, again, is so raw its going to take some development in that category. Slipping on the Hill bandwagon, although I'll fall right back on it when I watch his highlights again haha

I really like Harrison Smith. Will be a easy transition from Grant to Smith if he fell to us in the draft. I doubt we would draft a Safety in the first though.

Starter

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]I really like Harrison Smith. Will be a easy transition from Grant to Smith if he fell to us in the draft. I doubt we would draft a Safety in the first though.[/quote]

Phillips? Hell it was even with one of the last picks in the round.

Morris Claiborne scored a 4 on the Wonderlic . Thats the lowest score Ive ever seen reported

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Morris Claiborne scored a 4 on the Wonderlic . Thats the lowest score Ive ever seen reported[/quote]

Just saw that . . . . if that's true, how can that not drop him at least a littlein the draft?

+ Reply to Thread