+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 562 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Morris Claiborne scored a 4 on the Wonderlic . Thats the lowest score Ive ever seen reported[/quote]What did Manningham score, I remember when we drafted him he had a score that screamed 'I write with crayons' all over it
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Doug Martin is Walt Footballs 1st pick for our Giants in his latest MOCK DRAFT which came out today.. Hes got him going ahead of Lamar Miller and David Wilson.. I said months ago, way before Martins rise, that i thoguht he was the 2nd best RB in this class behind Trent Richardson, and hes slowley making that rise, just as Fletcher Cox and Whitney Mercilus also have all ready done, which were 2other prospects i thought would rise up and really love as prospects.. It kinda stinks, because the more these guys rise, the less chance for us to get em, but its cool to see em rise when u called it..lol Tooting my own horn!!! Toot Toot!

22days baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starter

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Doug Martin is Walt Footballs 1st pick for our Giants in his latest MOCK DRAFT which came out today.. Hes got him going ahead of Lamar Miller and David Wilson.. I said months ago, way before Martins rise, that i thoguht he was the 2nd best RB in this class behind Trent Richardson, and hes slowley making that rise, just as Fletcher Cox and Whitney Mercilus also have all ready done, which were 2other prospects i thought would rise up and really love as prospects.. It kinda stinks, because the more these guys rise, the less chance for us to get em, but its cool to see em rise when u called it..lol* Tooting my own horn!!! Toot Toot!

22days baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Martin was my fav out of the top guys I checked out I hope we get him. He seemed like the best package plus short and stout gives him a great center of balance and his break away speed was pretty impressive from what I saw as well.

[link]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_big_board_rankings.html[/link]

Damn, Bunting has fleener as his 7th overall prospect. Could've sworn looking at this site a couple of weeks ago fleener was like 35th.

I seem to remember two years ago Bunting had aaron hernandez outrageously as a top 10 prospect on his big board when mostly everyone said he was too much of a tweener to be drafted high even though he was very popular with many draftniks.

Bunting isnt a great evaluator, but I do value that he does his own film work and ranks guys based purely on what he sees, and disregards other views.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Bunting isnt a great evaluator, but I do value that he does his own film work and ranks guys based purely on what he sees, and disregards other views.[/quote]I have completely different views on a lot of players with him.
    I dont know what he sees on Boby Massies tape to grade him so low. He is one of the most athletic Right Tackles Ive seen coming out.

I cant get a feel of what he is looking for really. Mayock for instance never saw an undersized player he didnt love. I cant find those quirks with him

He seems to be really high on Brockers. I dont think his tape is all that impressive.His athleticism is overrated. Brockers does a great job at holding the point of attack , but #5 overall for an elite run stuffer that gets taken off the field on passing downs?
    I do see the potential in Brockers and he hasnt had that weight on him for that long. He was a 250lb SOLB when he came to LSU. He isnt much of a threat on the QB.

He doesnt seem to put much emphasis on pass rushers and those are the guys that drive defenses.
    His top pas rusher is Melvin Ingram who to me is a very flawed player. He is an OLB that cant get the edge. Watch Melvin Ingram tapes. All of his pressure comes as an inside pas rusher. A Scout measured his arms at his pro day at under 30". How are u going to beat LT's consistently in the NFL with 30" arms. Ingram could be a lethal Blitzer and their isnt a guard that could defend him in CFB but u are starting to get pretty specialized now. He has to go to a defense that can keep bodies off him to make plays. If u line him up with his hand down on a 4 man front and expect pressure your not going to get it.

Some evaluators could be biased

Maybe they grade higher for ceiling, some grade higher for floor. I remember him being one of the few analysts last year that felt herzlich could be a player in the nfl, graded him pretty high I remember

Mayock always prefers those physical, low center of gravity type-running backs that get yards after contact for years now over those one cut, home run guys

Its really all about preference. I agree about Brockers though. He's probably never going to be a great pass rusher in the NFL. He has a lot of upside because of his long arms and wingspan though, but I can't see how that translates him into being a premier pass rusher in the NFL. He isn't quick footed or explosive at all

Heres Buntings 5prospects that the Giants could possibly target... Doug Martin heads the list, and Walt football mocked him to us in his latest mock as well.. Doug Martin would be a star for us... SIlatolu is a player i think would be a decent, albeit, a tad risky draft pick in RD 1..

Potential prospects available for the Giants at 32

RB Doug Martin: Boise State (5-9, 215)
    Martin isn't a dynamic size/speed back, but there aren't many negatives to his game as a back. He plays fast, runs low, is natural through the line of scrimmage and has a skill set somewhat similar to former Alabama RB Mark Ingram last year. He might fall a bit because he doesn't run overly well, but he has the skill set to start in the league.

ICONMartin would be a great fit in the Giants backfield.

CB Janoris Jenkins: North Alabama (5-10, 182)
    If he can put it all together off the field, he's got the ability to develop into a very good cover man in the NFL and despite his size he's going to be a really tough guy to separate from in just about any scheme he plays in.

TE Coby Fleener: Stanford (6-6, 244)
    An impressive pass catcher who can win both down the field and underneath vs. man coverage. Has the frame and flexibility to develop into a solid blocker as well and looks like a future starting caliber NFL TE.

CB Stephon Gilmore: South Carolina (6-1, 193)
    Is a "plus" sized corner with good quickness and fluidity. Needs to clean up his footwork in off/zone concepts, but has skill set to play near the line, check receivers and turn and run. Should be able to fight for a starting role during his rookie year in more of a zone scheme.

OG Amini Silatolu: Midwestern State (6-3, 324)
    He has some technique flaws that needs to be fixed and will need to kick inside at the next level. However, he's a wide-bodied athlete with a powerful/explosive frame, good foot quickness and can really pull from the backside. Might need some time, but is one of the top guards in the class with as much upside as any.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]He seems to be really high on Brockers. I dont think his tape is all that impressive.His athleticism is overrated. Brockers does a great job at holding the point of attack , but #5 overall for an elite run stuffer that gets taken off the field on passing downs?
    I do see the potential in Brockers and he hasnt had that weight on him for that long. He was a 250lb SOLB when he came to LSU. He isnt much of a threat on the QB.[/quote]

What in the world redeye, brockers athleticism is overrated????? Everyone says he is a great athlete that has amazing upside

Look at this article:
    [link]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/25/lsus-brockers-generates-buzz-at-combine-weigh-in/[/link]

He has amazing upside because his wingpsan is 83 7/8 inches. That is LONGER than JPP's wingspan which is 81 inches. He has 35 inch arms! He is the defensive tackle version of JPP and has upside just like JPP. He is a freak of nature and has huge upside

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He seems to be really high on Brockers. I dont think his tape is all that impressive.His athleticism is overrated. Brockers does a great job at holding the point of attack , but #5 overall for an elite run stuffer that gets taken off the field on passing downs?
    I do see the potential in Brockers and he hasnt had that weight on him for that long. He was a 250lb SOLB when he came to LSU. He isnt much of a threat on the QB.[/quote]

What in the world redeye, brockers athleticism is overrated????? Everyone says he is a great athlete that has amazing upside

Look at this article:
    [link]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/25/lsus-brockers-generates-buzz-at-combine-weigh-in/[/link]

He has amazing upside because his wingpsan is 83 7/8 inches. That is LONGER than JPP's wingspan which is 81 inches. He has 35 inch arms! He is the defensive tackle version of JPP and has upside just like JPP. He is a freak of nature and has huge upside[/quote]

Gonna have to agree with redeye. Arm length/Wingspan is highly overrated when it comes to pass rushing inside. Its more about quickness/burst off the ball as a pass rusher. Brockers is okay, but not great in these aspects. Its why I'm personally not overly high on chandler jones either

Brockers is a 1-technique in the NFL. A tremendous run defender with elite length/long arms and a power/bull rush type-rusher. If you're thinking hes going to be a great pass rusher in the NFL, you're going to be highly, highly disappointed in my view. He isn't even dominant as a bull rush/power pass rusher either, he gets stonewalled a lot

+ Reply to Thread