+ Reply to Thread
Page 376 of 562 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He seems to be really high on Brockers. I dont think his tape is all that impressive.His athleticism is overrated. Brockers does a great job at holding the point of attack , but #5 overall for an elite run stuffer that gets taken off the field on passing downs?
    I do see the potential in Brockers and he hasnt had that weight on him for that long. He was a 250lb SOLB when he came to LSU. He isnt much of a threat on the QB.[/quote]

What in the world redeye, brockers athleticism is overrated????? Everyone says he is a great athlete that has amazing upside

Look at this article:
    [link]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/25/lsus-brockers-generates-buzz-at-combine-weigh-in/[/link]

He has amazing upside because his wingpsan is 83 7/8 inches. That is LONGER than JPP's wingspan which is 81 inches. He has 35 inch arms! He is the defensive tackle version of JPP and has upside just like JPP. He is a freak of nature and has huge upside[/quote]
    I dont know what him being long has to do with him being athletic. He isnt quick or explosive at all.He offers nothing as a pass rusher as he didnt play on passing downs. He hasnt been at that weight for long so maybe he could learn to carry it better but I dont think he will ever develop into a great pass rusher or gap shooter.He looks like a 2 gap player in the NFL.
    An Athletic DT to me is Fletcher Cox. Great burst, length ,elite level quickness. He will be disruptive in the backfield hence more value to me

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He seems to be really high on Brockers. I dont think his tape is all that impressive.His athleticism is overrated. Brockers does a great job at holding the point of attack , but #5 overall for an elite run stuffer that gets taken off the field on passing downs?
    I do see the potential in Brockers and he hasnt had that weight on him for that long. He was a 250lb SOLB when he came to LSU. He isnt much of a threat on the QB.[/quote]

What in the world redeye, brockers athleticism is overrated????? Everyone says he is a great athlete that has amazing upside

Look at this article:
    [link]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/25/lsus-brockers-generates-buzz-at-combine-weigh-in/[/link]

He has amazing upside because his wingpsan is 83 7/8 inches. That is LONGER than JPP's wingspan which is 81 inches. He has 35 inch arms! He is the defensive tackle version of JPP and has upside just like JPP. He is a freak of nature and has huge upside[/quote]Im talking about quickness. yeah he is long but he isnt quick. He offers nothing as a pass rusher. He is an elite run stopper but I dont think he will ever develop into a great pass rusher.[/quote]

Nothing as a pass rusher??? He has 35 INCH ARMS. He is a beast rushing the passer just because of that. He is going to great at slapping away the arms of a tackle and dominating offensive lineman with his elite JPP BETTER wingspan. He is very quick with his long arms to slap away tackles trying to block him.

Neverend - arm length is overrated when trying to rush the passer? have you seen FREAKING JASON PIERRE PAUL?! An all-pro DE?! Brockers has that same upside. I bet you all were calling JPP a bad pass rusher coming out huh?

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He seems to be really high on Brockers. I dont think his tape is all that impressive.His athleticism is overrated. Brockers does a great job at holding the point of attack , but #5 overall for an elite run stuffer that gets taken off the field on passing downs?

Look at this article:

He has amazing upside because his wingpsan is 83 7/8 inches. That is LONGER than JPP's wingspan which is 81 inches. He has 35 inch arms! He is the defensive tackle version of JPP and has upside just like JPP. He is a freak of nature and has huge upside[/quote]Im talking about quickness. yeah he is long but he isnt quick. He offers nothing as a pass rusher. He is an elite run stopper but I dont think he will ever develop into a great pass rusher.[/quote]

Nothing as a pass rusher??? He has 35 INCH ARMS. He is a beast rushing the passer just because of that. He is going to great at slapping away the arms of a tackle and dominating offensive lineman with his elite JPP BETTER wingspan. He is very quick with his long arms to slap away tackles trying to block him.

Neverend - arm length is overrated when trying to rush the passer? have you seen FREAKING JASON PIERRE PAUL?! An all-pro DE?! Brockers has that same upside. I bet you all were calling JPP a bad pass rusher coming out huh?[/quote]Have U watched tape at all. Brockers is not explosive. He wasnt on the field on passing downs. What does that tell u

JPP has nothing to do with this at all. He isnt close to the same player as Brockers.

C'mon nevada. Are you and giants420 cousins or something? Is reading comprehension really that difficult nowadays? I sware...

I never said arm length is overrated when trying to rush the passer. I said its overrated INSIDE. A great 3-technique inside is one that is explosive and quick off the ball. Because of this, they are able to come into contact with G/C immediately or use their foot quickness by getting in between G/C, splitting them and consequently collapsing the pocket.

Brockers does none of that. You are somewhat right. Having his phenomenal wingspan helps rushing the passer. But only with a bull rush/power type moves. The best pass rushing defensive tackles in the NFL are the explosive/quick penetrating types. Not the bull rush types, sorry.

Im not even saying Brockers isnt a good prospect, he is. I just think its crazy to rate a lineman that doesnt rush the passer at #5 overall on his board. He could develop into a massive NT though if he piles the weight on. Seems like a real good 2 gap guy.
    Brockers is very athletic in certain ways but he isnt a pass rusher. I wouldnt even mind the Giants drafting him because he does have a skill set similar to Canty

[quote user="Neverend"]C'mon nevada. Are you and giants420 cousins or something? Is reading comprehension really that difficult nowadays? I sware...

I never said arm length is overrated when trying to rush the passer. I said its overrated INSIDE. A great 3-technique inside is one that is explosive and quick off the ball. Because of this, they are able to come into contact with G/C immediately or use their foot quickness by getting in between G/C, splitting them and consequently collapsing the pocket.

Brockers does none of that. You are somewhat right. Having his phenomenal wingspan helps rushing the passer. But only with a bull rush/power type moves. The best pass rushing defensive tackles in the NFL are the explosive/quick penetrating types. Not the bull rush types, sorry.[/quote]Fletcher Cox is a pass rushing 3 Tech gap shooter. he is what I classify as an athletic DT .

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He seems to be really high on Brockers. I dont think his tape is all that impressive.His athleticism is overrated. Brockers does a great job at holding the point of attack , but #5 overall for an elite run stuffer that gets taken off the field on passing downs?

Look at this article:

Neverend - arm length is overrated when trying to rush the passer? have you seen FREAKING JASON PIERRE PAUL?! An all-pro DE?! Brockers has that same upside. I bet you all were calling JPP a bad pass rusher coming out huh?[/quote]

JPP has long arms, Brockers also has long arms. That is where the similarities between those 2 end.

Oh , I guess they both benched 19 reps at the combine too. Sorry, forgot that 1.

Brockers is not a passrusher, he is a space eater. He had 2 sacks last year. 1 was a qb draw that got stuffed, which counted as a 1 yard sack. However, he is a run stuffing monster.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Have U watched tape at all. Brockers is not explosive. He wasnt on the field on passing downs. What does that tell u

JPP has nothing to do with this at all. He isnt close to the same player as Brockers.[/quote]

its so easy to say that now because you have watched JPP pan out in the NFL. A lot of people thought jpp was gonna bust and was overrated too

Coming out of college JPP was praised for his upside! Why? The very one reason is because he had a verrrry rare wingspan and length. 81 inch wingspan and 36 inch arms! He was seen as an athletic freak coming out and had so much upside

Brockers has an even LONGER wingspan at 83 inches and 35 inch arms. He has amazing upside and is going to be great at rushing the passer in the nfl. He is very raw just like JPP coming out too. JPP showed flashes of greatness and so did Brockers. If JPP had so much upside coming out but Brockers doesnt?

[quote user="Neverend"]C'mon nevada. Are you and giants420 cousins or something? Is reading comprehension really that difficult nowadays? I sware...

Brockers does none of that. You are somewhat right. Having his phenomenal wingspan helps rushing the passer. But only with a bull rush/power type moves. The best pass rushing defensive tackles in the NFL are the explosive/quick penetrating types. Not the bull rush types, sorry.[/quote]

I bet when JPP came out you probably said he will not be a great pass rusher in the NFL because he has no pass rush moves or something.. right??

Almost EVERYONE went crazy when JPP got drafted. Nobody liked the pick and it was because of negative things like saying he was boom or bust or overrated. Brockers has crazy upside just like JPP because they have the same skill set.

He can't collapse the pocket? Split a double team? He is RAW! He has only been playing defensive tackle for such a short time just like JPP only played organized football for such a short time. He will learn all the techniques there is to learn to excel. The sky is the limit for that kid! He can get so much better and he is already great against the run

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"]C'mon nevada. Are you and giants420 cousins or something? Is reading comprehension really that difficult nowadays? I sware... I never said arm length is overrated when trying to rush the passer. I said its overrated INSIDE. A great 3-technique inside is one that is explosive and quick off the ball. Because of this, they are able to come into contact with G/C immediately or use their foot quickness by getting in between G/C, splitting them and consequently collapsing the pocket. Brockers does none of that. You are somewhat right. Having his phenomenal wingspan helps rushing the passer. But only with a bull rush/power type moves. The best pass rushing defensive tackles in the NFL are the explosive/quick penetrating types. Not the bull rush types, sorry.[/quote]Fletcher Cox is a pass rushing 3 Tech gap shooter. he is what I classify as an athletic DT .[/quote] I agree with you totally.. And i also agree, that Brockers reminds me of Chris Canty, as far as skill set...

+ Reply to Thread