+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 562 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Sportzfan Ive seen some mocks putting Mcclenin in the First Round. On Football Futures when I talked about him in the beginning of the CFB season everyone I showed the game to said he was a late rounder. Same guys are praising him now. I dont think Shea is a First rounder but he is better then he was getting credit for during the season. I see a lot of comparisons to Brooks Reed

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Sportzfan Ive seen some mocks putting Mcclenin in the First Round. On Football Futures when I talked about him in the beginning of the CFB season everyone I showed the game to said he was a late rounder. Same guys are praising him now. I dont think Shea is a First rounder but he is better then he was getting credit for during the season. I see a lot of comparisons to Brooks Reed[/quote] ya, i remember us talking about him before the first game of the season.. I'd be surprised if he goes RD 1, but it woulden't be a surprise if he goes RD 2, at any point in the rd... Brooks Reed is a great comparison..

Good job redeye of slowly backing away from your initial comments. YOU are the one who said brockers offers nothing as a pass rusher and now you are saying he could be semour. Love it

For the fact that brockers supposedly offers nothing as a pass rusher, is limited only to a NT, has no quickness, or has no burst:

[link]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664406[/link]

for the lazy ones.. ill quote it:

Only registered two sacks in 2011 but appears to have blossoming natural pass rush skills. Good initial quickness off the snap and flashes an explosive burst to split gaps.
    LMAO. Tell me again he offers "nothing as a pass rusher" redeye. Tell me again neverend he has no quickness and can't split gaps?!

It gets better

Flashes enough quickness off the snap to threaten gaps at three-technique, especially when slanting.
    Yeah! He's only a 1-technique fellas! No quickness to get pressure!

[link]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=41015[/link]

Showcases a good get off burst and when he keeps his pad level down has the ability to gain leverage, extend his arms and use his long arms to shed
    He shows a BURST when he plays with a good pad level. He is RAW so he doesnt know how to do it consistently yet. Neither did JPP coming out! He showed flashes of greatness when he played with the right technique but rarely did at USF! And Brockers is still getting used to his body! Key word: DEVELOP not "overrated"

[link]http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/01/michael-brockers-scouting-report.html[/link]

That scouting report says his issues as a pass rusher is because he lacks moves and plays too high! And I already talked about how he needs to learn how to come off the snap better so he can become more quick.

So I'm supposed to take the word of scouting evaluators or people who judge brockers based off of 1 or 2 games on youtube? I didn't say he IS jpp I said the situation coming out of the draft is comparable. They both are freaks, both have wingspans, both looked bad and inconsistent in games, both are raw, and both have incredible upside.

I am through with this. I am looking forward to Michael Brockers proving everyone here very wrong. Once he learns to play consistently low and time the snap better his lack of "quickness and burst" and "offers nothing as a pass rusher" will be a thing of the past.

Good job of supporting your argument here. I still think you're taking the wrong stance on this one

You're basing your opinion purely on those scouting reports -- not what you see in games. Now, I'm nowhere near as qualified as those scouts but I don't think it takes a scout to see that Brocker isn't a great pass rusher

Note the key term in those scouting reports "flashes". Canty at times flashes penetration in the backfield, but does he do it a consistent basis like Robbins did? No, just maybe once every 3 or 4 games

The lower you are into your stance, the better burst you get. The same facts apply to the CB position.. the lower your backpeddal is the more burst you have out of the break. This same argument of "getting low = better burst" applies to EVERY single player at every single position. Low man wins all the time. He also uses the adjective "good" get off burst, not "great", which is what the top interior pass rushers possess in this draft, putting their inconsistencies aside

Point blank, you can try and try to make as many excuses for Brockers as you want but he likely will not be a dynamic pass rusher in the NFL. He "could" be but based on players who came into the draft with his skill set, they rarely ever do materialize into great 3-techniques. Sorry.

[quote user="nevada11"]Good job redeye of slowly backing away from your initial comments. YOU are the one who said brockers offers nothing as a pass rusher and now you are saying he could be semour. Love it

For the fact that brockers supposedly offers nothing as a pass rusher, is limited only to a NT, has no quickness, or has no burst:

[link]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664406[/link]

for the lazy ones.. ill quote it:

Only registered two sacks in 2011 but appears to have blossoming natural pass rush skills. Good initial quickness off the snap and flashes an explosive burst to split gaps.
    LMAO. Tell me again he offers "nothing as a pass rusher" redeye. Tell me again neverend he has no quickness and can't split gaps?!

It gets better

Flashes enough quickness off the snap to threaten gaps at three-technique, especially when slanting.
    Yeah! He's only a 1-technique fellas! No quickness to get pressure!

[link]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=41015[/link]

Showcases a good get off burst and when he keeps his pad level down has the ability to gain leverage, extend his arms and use his long arms to shed
    He shows a BURST when he plays with a good pad level. He is RAW so he doesnt know how to do it consistently yet. Neither did JPP coming out! He showed flashes of greatness when he played with the right technique but rarely did at USF! And Brockers is still getting used to his body! Key word: DEVELOP not "overrated"

[link]http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/01/michael-brockers-scouting-report.html[/link]

That scouting report says his issues as a pass rusher is because he lacks moves and plays too high! And I already talked about how he needs to learn how to come off the snap better so he can become more quick.

So I'm supposed to take the word of scouting evaluators or people who judge brockers based off of 1 or 2 games on youtube? I didn't say he IS jpp I said the situation coming out of the draft is comparable. They both are freaks, both have wingspans, both looked bad and inconsistent in games, both are raw, and both have incredible upside.

I am through with this. I am looking forward to Michael Brockers proving everyone here very wrong. Once he learns to play consistently low and time the snap better his lack of "quickness and burst" and "offers nothing as a pass rusher" will be a thing of the past.[/quote]Flashes, Shows , Develops Buzz words for I see it twice a game. There opinion is he will develop into a pass rusher. FACT he hasnt shown it yet.I think he be a little better then Canty as a pass rusher and an elite level run defender
    My Youtube tapes are actually good resources u should watch them. I show almost every snap. These draft sites your quoting ,1 of them I know for a fact watches my vids. I will take peoples opinion that watch those over the people that just copy and paste another persons scouting report

[quote user="Neverend"]Good job of supporting your argument here. I still think you're taking the wrong stance on this one

You're basing your opinion purely on those scouting reports -- not what you see in games. Now, I'm nowhere near as qualified as those scouts but I don't think it takes a scout to see that Brocker isn't a great pass rusher

Note the key term in those scouting reports "flashes". Canty at times flashes penetration in the backfield, but does he do it a consistent basis like Robbins did? No, just maybe once every 3 or 4 games

The lower you are into your stance, the better burst you get. The same facts apply to the CB position.. the lower your backpeddal is the more burst you have out of the break. This same argument of "getting low = better burst" applies to EVERY single player at every single position. Low man wins all the time. He also uses the adjective "good" get off burst, not "great", which is what the top interior pass rushers possess in this draft, putting their inconsistencies aside

Point blank, you can try and try to make as many excuses for Brockers as you want but he likely will not be a dynamic pass rusher in the NFL. He "could" be but based on players who came into the draft with his skill set, they rarely ever do materialize into great 3-techniques. Sorry.[/quote]I know he has never seen him play. No one that has would ever mistake Michael Brockers as having JPP pass rushing skill. It has nothing to do with technique or being raw either.If he had said Seymour I probably wouldnt of responded. I wouldnt of agreed but would of accepted the comparison.At least Seymour had a similar type of College career. I like Brockers think he is a great run defender but I dont believe he will be ever be a gap shooting DT causing backfield pressure like Suh,Cullen Jenkins or Geno Atkins. The funny thing is Brockers didnt even play on passing downs.If he was looked at as some monster pass rusher like he describes clearly he would be on the field in those situations.

Just my 2 cents, but the JPP/Brockers comparison was not the best.

2 different positions---1 is a DE and the other a DT.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Tollefon signed with the Raiders, which in my opinion, opens the door a bit more into possible DE or at least D-Line for RD 1... Osi's contract is up after this season, and Tucks been getting dinged up more and more as the yrs go by, and then we got only JPP.. We could possibly go for our future bookend to pair with JPP.. I think Andre Branch comes into the picture alittle more, and if for some reason were to trade outta RD 1, i could see Vinny Curry as a possilbity in RD 2.. I think theres zero chance Whitney Mercilus will be on the board, or i'd have him as a shoe in to get picked by giants...

At worst, i think we grab a DE in one of the first few to 4rds... Tyron Crawford comes to mind, as does Cam Johnson and Chandler Jones..... Heres my latest mock, with Tollefson offically being gone..

1. Andre Branch DE Clemson- Branch and JPP would make one heck of a pass rush duo going forward , and i think it'll be to much for Reese to pass up on, when he thinks of a Duo of JPP and Branch on 3rd and 7-12yrds...

2. Amini Silatolu G Midwestern St- Could be gone, but if hes on the board, i hope we grab em, as hes got a complete package, which includes a nasty demeanor on the field..

3. Robert Turbin RB Utah St- Seems like a perfect fit for our team, and on top of solid measurables, showed off some good speed at teh combine, and can catch the football..

4. Jerry Franklin LB Arkansas- Could be future ILB or possibly play outside.. I think hes gonna bring that kinda versatility, and the guy is a complete LB, who also does well in coverege... I like Franklin alot..

4. Greg Childs WR Arkansas- Double dipping from Ark, as we grab the big bodied Childs, who would be a solid additon to our team.. Hes a solid route runner with long arms, and i feel Eli and Childs would form great chemistry..

5. David Paulson TE Oregon- We all know he is a fine reciever, and redzone threat, but i think his blocking is a bit underrated and he could develop that part of his game a bit more with our coaching staff..

6. Winston Guy SS Kentucky- Good depth pick here, with possiblity to be more if given shot..

7. Garth Gerhart C Arizona St- more help for the interior of the oline.. Gerhart is the most underrated C in this class, and i think is right there with David Molk, talent wise..

sportzfan whats your opinion on nick perry as a DE for the giants? i know you like mercilus but as far as 10-yard split goes i think read somewhere nick perry was equal with branch and mercilus (around 1.56 range which is ridiculous for all 3 of them) and he gained some muscle to play at the line

I'm making excuses and never watched brockers play lmfao

again i look foward to brockers proving everyone wrong. i am not going to even bother trying to take your words instead of the words of scouts that have been doing these things for years

+ Reply to Thread