+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 562 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]JPP's did show up on tape and in other ways like doing Back flips. Brockers doesnt show anything like that[/quote]

Yea two issues I have with the brockers and JPP comparison.

1. JPP has a phenomenal motor. He goes 100% every play without a doubt. Brockers absolutely does not.

2. JPP was dominant on college tape. Not consistent, but he was absolutely a force every game. Brockers rarely does much of anything.

Brockers college stats are what, 2 sacks and 9 tackles for a loss?

While JPP 17 tackles for a loss and 7 sacks...

Not really comparable from a production standpoint

Never said he was JPP. I said the rawness, inconsistency, and upside is similar to JPP coming out

im tired of this. when brockers becomes an elite defensive tackle in the nfl and a great pass rusher ill rememember this..

[quote user="nevada11"]Never said he was JPP. I said the rawness, inconsistency, and upside is similar to JPP coming out[/quote]

I can see that comparison.

im tired of this. when brockers becomes an elite defensive tackle in the nfl and a great pass rusher ill rememember this..
    I honestly dont see him ever becoming a "great" pass rusher. Perhaps a good one. I think his upside is somewhere around 7 sacks a year. But more likely hes a 3-5 sack a year guy. And he has a long long road to go before he is even close to being a 3-5 sack a year guy

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nevada11"]Never said he was JPP. I said the rawness, inconsistency, and upside is similar to JPP coming out[/quote]

I honestly dont see him ever becoming a "great" pass rusher. Perhaps a good one. I think his upside is somewhere around 7 sacks a year. But more likely hes a 3-5 sack a year guy. And he has a long long road to go before he is even close to being a 3-5 sack a year guy[/quote] He can be a dominate 2 gap defender that will open up sacks for other players.To me he hasnt shown the quickness to be a great pass rusher. I think he will be like Canty at getting to the QB.So unless he improves his quickness at a level ive never seen before he wont offer anything more then that type of production. Run Defending though he is very,very good

I was looking at an article, I believe on NFL.com as well as nfldraftscout.com

An interesting CB sleeper prospect that caught my attention is Chris Greenwood out of Division III Albion. Maybe he is worth a look in the 6th rd? His numbers at his proday workouts looked great---good 40 time, great explosion with good numbers with his vertical and broad jump. He also has good size and long arms.

redeye, nyc, slip, bluesanta---any info/input on this guy?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...content_stream
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]JPP's did show up on tape and in other ways like doing Back flips. Brockers doesnt show anything like that[/quote]

Yea two issues I have with the brockers and JPP comparison.

1. JPP has a phenomenal motor. He goes 100% every play without a doubt. Brockers absolutely does not.

2. JPP was dominant on college tape. Not consistent, but he was absolutely a force every game. Brockers rarely does much of anything.

Brockers college stats are what, 2 sacks and 9 tackles for a loss?

While JPP 17 tackles for a loss and 7 sacks...

Not really comparable from a production standpoint[/quote]Its more to do with the Quickness needed to be an elite inside pass rusher. Arm length isnt a factor. The best inside pass rusher in the draft is Melvin Ingram and has 30" arms. He has a lot of trouble with tackles because he doesnt have length but inside not much of a factor.Now if your talking every down 3 Tech's Fletcher Cox has the most pass rushing upside. Cox has a solid motor, Has Length, and Quickness. U give Fletcher Cox the right coaching he can be very disruptive. I think Brockers will be a guy that gets sacks more on the QB holding the ball to long, a missed assignment,Pressure from the edge that forces the QB to step up. With his length he could get a hand on a guy a pull him down. I think he will get clean up sacks. I just dont dont see him blowing through the A Gap on a consistent basis. Look at his tape and then his explosion numbers. Vert,10 yard dash very poor. I think his numbers reflect whats on tape though. If he had Fletcher Cox's 1.63 10 yard dash with this tape I might be more skeptical. Was it scheme or some other reason for explosion not showing up. The Numbers match the tape from where im standing

Who goes number 1 in 2013, Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas. Im so bored with 2012 prospects. Cant wait till I see who the Giants pick so I can go cut there tapes.
    Next year Im taking a different strategy with prospect cutting. This year I went and got all the big name performances to get the most views each week. Next year Im going to grab all the small school games first. Now I cant find any of the games I want but all the Big School games I can still get. No one seems to keep the small school games for very ling on there hard drive.

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nevada11"]Never said he was JPP. I said the rawness, inconsistency, and upside is similar to JPP coming out[/quote] I can see that comparison.
    I honestly dont see him ever becoming a "great" pass rusher. Perhaps a good one. I think his upside is somewhere around 7 sacks a year. But more likely hes a 3-5 sack a year guy. And he has a long long road to go before he is even close to being a 3-5 sack a year guy[/quote]

I'm going to stick my nose in here for a minute to add my 2 cents.

IMO, the difference between him being "good" and "great" is his team. If he goes to lets say, the Giants who have JPP, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, Joseph, Canty, then he could be a GREAT DT. If he goes to a team like the Jags or Bengals or Chiefs, he will probably just be good.

I think he has big potential, actually, more then Poe. I think Poe is one of those late risers that shoot up the draft board because big man can run in underwear. They say he is top 10, yet I have failed to see much college film on him to make me believe that he is 1st round material.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nevada11"]Never said he was JPP. I said the rawness, inconsistency, and upside is similar to JPP coming out[/quote]

I honestly dont see him ever becoming a "great" pass rusher. Perhaps a good one. I think his upside is somewhere around 7 sacks a year. But more likely hes a 3-5 sack a year guy. And he has a long long road to go before he is even close to being a 3-5 sack a year guy[/quote] He can be a dominate 2 gap defender that will open up sacks for other players.To me he hasnt shown the quickness to be a great pass rusher. I think he will be like Canty at getting to the QB.So unless he improves his quickness at a level ive never seen before he wont offer anything more then that type of production. Run Defending though he is very,very good[/quote]

You beat me to it. EXACTLY what I was going to say about Brockers.

Just added all my prospect videos together. I have 55 Hours worth of Draft Videos online. How insane is that

+ Reply to Thread