+ Reply to Thread
Page 382 of 562 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Giants have signed Sean Locklear and traded for Keith Rivers today.. Heres my updated mock, with those moves in mind...

1. Doug Martin RB Boise St- I think RB is as big a need as any on this team, and the one positon where no one was added this offseason, and with bradshaws injury history, a bowling ball type back, who is a all around durable player would be a welcomed additon..

2. Vinny Curry DE Marshall- Don't know if he'll be on the board at this point, but if he is, i would not mind picking him.. Curry has big upside, and with loss of Tollefson and Tuck getting up there and OSI in last yr of contract, we could use another end..

3. Ladarious Green TE La Lafeyette- Great pass catcher, who lacks some in the blocking game, but could get better in that area, and he offers as much upside as any TE in this class, from a pass catching standpoint..

4. Jaye Howard DT Florida- I really like this penetrating DT.. He'd fit great into a rotation, especially on passing down, as a player who can get to the QB...

4. Aaron Henry S Wisconsin- Very underrated safety who has a all around game, and makes plays...

5. Traded for KEITH RIVERS

6. Danny Coale WR Va Tech- A huge sleeper of mine.. This kid can go over the middle, and has enough speed to get deep as well.. Has a nice thick frame, and great intangables...

7. Garth Gerhart C Arizona St- Most underrated C in class..

[/quote]Pretty nice mock there nyc. That mock would be ok with me. I wouldn't mind Egnew in the 4th or possibly Hannah from Oklahoma in the 6th? I like both WRs from Va Tech--Coale and Boykin. I know you took a safety in Henry, but I would not mind another CB, should they be the BPA on Reese's board in a particular rd.

I like Curry in the 2nd, but also like Chandler Jones or maybe Branch.

[/quote] ya, i could tweak this a million times, but just for today, i felt with who i thought would be around when we pick each rd, this would suffice.. It gives us upside guys in Curry and Green, as well as guys who should be safe picks, like Martin, Henry, and Howard...

U add Curry and Howard to Tuck, OSi, Joseph, JPP, and Canty, and u got a crop of Dlineman that can do it all spread throughout.. A nice mix of Run Stuffing and Pass rush capabilities...

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Who goes number 1 in 2013, Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas. Im so bored with 2012 prospects. Cant wait till I see who the Giants pick so I can go cut there tapes. Next year Im taking a different strategy with prospect cutting. This year I went and got all the big name performances to get the most views each week. Next year Im going to grab all the small school games first. Now I cant find any of the games I want but all the Big School games I can still get. No one seems to keep the small school games for very ling on there hard drive.[/quote] I think it depends on whos picking 1st overall, but most likely i see Matt Barkley as the Number 1 overall pick.. He really impressed me this past season..

I will say, i think Shoelace is gonna win the Heisman though.. I got a feeling Michigans gonna be Rose Bowl bound and Shoelace is gonna be Heisman bound... I love Fitzgerald Toussiant as well.. They got some issues though, but i think Denard Robsinson is gonna have a silly good season offensively.. The one question standing in there way in my opinon, is if Roy Roundtree, Jeremey Gallon, and Drew Dileo can step up in the pass catching game, and can the Dline produce minus Van Bergen and M.Martin? I cant wait for that Alabama/Michigan Sept 1st contest!!!!!!!

[/quote]

If Lattimore doesn't get run into the ground (BIG if), he's my early pick for the Heisman. If Ball can have a repeat performance, he'll be right there too. Barkley as well, but Lattimore is just a monster.
    [/quote]Spurrier will give him 40 carries a game if he can. I hope Spurrier doesnt ruin that kid. I wonder with a new Arkansas coach if Knile Davis will come out in the Supplemental draft[/quote]

*Sigh* Yeah... Especially with Jeffery gone, barring a really exciting freshman/sophomore, their entire game plan will be "GIVE IT TO LATTIMORE"

That is definitely an interesting possibility... It might depend on who they get to replace him.

Also, can we PLEASE figure out a way to taser people who mock Mike Adams to the Giants in the 1st?

[quote user="Raptor22"]
    Also, can we PLEASE figure out a way to taser people who mock Mike Adams to the Giants in the 1st?
    [/quote]Why so anti-Adams??

In the 1st Id love Cordy Glenn to be our RT of the future, but I wouldnt mind Adams or Kelechi Osemele in the 2nd
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Veteran

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Raptor22"]

In the 1st Id love Cordy Glenn to be our RT of the future, but I wouldnt mind Adams or Kelechi Osemele in the 2nd
    [/quote]

Because: Adams is an "Athletic Freak" who isn't athletic at all, and his tape is mediocre at best. I've been doing a snap-by-snap breakdown of the Ohio St.-Michigan St. game, and Vinny Curry just embarrassed him (hell, even their "secondary" pass rushers gave him a tough time).

Curry isn't even close to the best passrusher in this draft, so just think what Babin, Cole, Orakpo, Aldon Smith, Clay Matthews, DeMarcus Ware... would do.

[quote user="Raptor22"]Because: Adams is an "Athletic Freak" who isn't athletic at all, and his tape is mediocre at best.[/quote]

Hes extremely athletic. Inconsistent and poor technique and strength are his issues

[/quote] Cordy Glenn would be a great 1st rd selection.. I think the bengals jump all over him with there 2nd 1st, if hes still on the board... As for Osemele and Adams, i would not mind them in RD 1 either.. I like all 3 of those guys in rd 1 if that were to be the case..

Assuming Whitney Mercilus is not available when we pick, i've become a Doug Martin RB Boise St guy, as for my guy i'm shooting for in rd 1 for us.. I just think about watching Ray Rice and MJD, and how much it'd be great to have a back like that to go along with a incredible WR core, and QB, and it makes me giddy...

[/quote] Cordy Glenn would be a great 1st rd selection.. I think the bengals jump all over him with there 2nd 1st, if hes still on the board... As for Osemele and Adams, i would not mind them in RD 1 either.. I like all 3 of those guys in rd 1 if that were to be the case..

Assuming Whitney Mercilus is not available when we pick, i've become a Doug Martin RB Boise St guy, as for my guy i'm shooting for in rd 1 for us.. I just think about watching Ray Rice and MJD, and how much it'd be great to have a back like that to go along with a incredible WR core, and QB, and it makes me giddy...

[quote user="Raptor22"]Because: Adams is an "Athletic Freak" who isn't athletic at all, and his tape is mediocre at best. I've been doing a snap-by-snap breakdown of the Ohio St.-Michigan St. game, and Vinny Curry just embarrassed him (hell, even their "secondary" pass rushers gave him a tough time)[/quote]

A little harsh. You can crit a guy because of his struggles but I don't think that makes him a bad athlete. Inconsistent, maybe, but to say he isn't athletic "at all" I think is a poor assessment.

He's one of the few tackles I've seen out of this draft that can really explode off the line. He flashes elite quickness and explosiveness off the ball against the run -- at times. I'm sure there are games out there that show better examples of his talents. I think the issue with the guy is that we see pro bowl talent in flashes as oppose to routinely in a snap to snap basis. But hes a great athlete imho

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Raptor22"]

[/quote]

Because: Adams is an "Athletic Freak" who isn't athletic at all, and his tape is mediocre at best. I've been doing a snap-by-snap breakdown of the Ohio St.-Michigan St. game, and Vinny Curry just embarrassed him (hell, even their "secondary" pass rushers gave him a tough time).

Curry isn't even close to the best passrusher in this draft, so just think what Babin, Cole, Orakpo, Aldon Smith, Clay Matthews, DeMarcus Ware... would do.

[/quote]1st off Vinny Curry played for Marshall not Michigan State

Adams played well enough to start 1st year as our RT, and thats the only spot Im looking at OL-wise.

2nd Id LOVE Vinny Curry in the 2nd round, the dude has a constant motor and has a knack for making plays in the backfield
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="nevada11"]green is overrated. i have watched him a lot. he is stiff. he is big and fast but he drops a lot of balls. he loses a lot of one-on-one 50/50 balls, he is an underachiever i would rather take egnew than that overrated TE[/quote] Egnew sucks..* He has no upside at all, and* Green's upside is through the roof. With a good TE coach, Green could become a star in this league, i see Egnew as just another guy, in a long list of Mizzo TE's that end up being just another guy...* Green has produced when given the chance against TOP competiton all ready, going* 4recpt 87yrd 1td against GA, and* 6recept 64yrd against LSU..

Egnew isn't gonna beat u vertically either, and Green is very capable of doing that, as well as underneath..*** Green is more of a redzone threat as well, and simply capable of scoring more, because of his ability to go anywhere on the feild, as opposed to just mainly underneath stuff.. I'll take Green over Egnew everyday and twice on sundays.. Its not even close really..

[/quote]

He "sucks". Has "no" upside. Wow, werent you gushing about him a few pages ago in this very thread? I guess people flip flop a lot nowadays

+ Reply to Thread