09-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Nova is terrible
Originally Posted by nycsportzfan
09-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Cant believe Brandon Coleman dropped that. Nova has been throwing uncatchable balls to him all night. He finally gets 1 to catch and he drops it
09-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Rutgers turned it around butthey aren't beating anyone worth a snot.. Nevada massacred S.FLA last wk, and BJ Daniels has never developed into anything special...
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi
09-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Man, i just heard the funniest thing ever on the NFL game.. Clay Matthews recorded his 4th sacks and the guy whos doing the game with Mayock goes like this.. " I think Clay Matthews is gonna be Defensive Player of the week unless someone has a better one then he did tonight"....LOL Really? lol
09-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Like i did last yr, i'm gonna do a mock after every game(some point during week after the game), picking in the area the giants are perdicted to pick at that time based on the record.. As of now, i'm gonna couple the loss with being the SB champs and take a guess that were in the 25-30range.. I'm gonna have as at 28 for this week.. The more weeks go by, it'll get more clear... For the first 3-5 weeks, i'm only gonna do 4or5 rds... I'll start doing 7rds as the college season goes along and more is figured out about the prospects.. So anyways, without further adu..lol
1. Chance Warmack G Alabama- It was outta warmack, fluker, wagner, okafor, byndom, and eifert for me here.. I love kawaan short but think he'll be gone by this time.. I chose a G over T because i think Warmack is a special player and Special player sare hard to come by very late in the 1st rd.. I do like Wagner alot, but i feel warmack is more of a sure thing(as far as sure things go..lol) A flat out road grader, warmack will really help our run game and to keep guys from rushing up the middle..
2. Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois- I really like this kid and hes got solid size and with the loss of TT for the yr, who knows what his deal is going forward and as of today, Prince is stilll a big question mark as is are overall depth.. Hawthorne combines solid size/speed combo with good ball skills..He was tied for the BIG 10 lead in Passes Defended per game in 2011... He hasen't made a huge splash yet this yr, but the kid can ball..
3. Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina- He might be gone before end of rd 3, but if hes there, id take a shot on all that potential. And with the loss of Osi most likely after this season, DE could be a need..
4. Graham Pocic C Illinois- LOVE EM! Just freaking LOVE EM! Gritty hard nose kid with Tackle size who i think will eventually work his way into the 3rd rd range.. Adding 2olineman in the first 4rds is probably a good idea..
5. AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- Playmaking Thumper in the middle.. A leader for the cyclones, and could come in and push Herzlich and possibly replace Blackburn.. Either way, we could use someone at MLB that challenges both of those guys, or take one of there spots if there not retained after the yr...
09-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Some think Hawthorne will be a first rounder. Not sure about that yet round 2 seems more likely. it will depend on which underclassmen come out. Illinois has some nice NFL talent but arent that good of a team. Weird how that works out some times. Giants are going to have to take the best Olineman they can get. At this point where they play doesnt matter. U can argue that all 5 spots could use an upgrade. Could Chris Snee get cut? His cap number is almost 8 million next season. He has declined rather quickly. He is Coughlins son in law which complicates things. Giants need help on the line and 8 million can fetch a really good Offensive lineman. Dallas Thomas from Tennessee would be fantastic. His ability to play LT or LG would upgrade this team immediatly. Barret Jones is another guy that can play multiple spots.
By the way have u been banned. They have banned me twice this week. I keep getting caught up in there spam bannings
09-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Ya, i like Dallas Thomas alot as well.. Barrett Jones is my dream pick, even ahead of Kawaan Short.. As u know, my mocks aren't just the guys i want most becuase i try to do em realistaclly, and i dont see Kawaan or Barrett being on the board where i have this mock taking place which is 28th overall.. Ur right about some teams having alot of talent that aren't good teams being weird.. The reason is that those teams are so weak at other positons, that it isn't enough for them to have 5 really good players overall.. As far as illinois goes, they don't have a QB.. Sheelhouse or whatever his name is, is kinda terrible.. Plus they lost Tavon Wilson, Whitney Mercilus, and A.J Jenkins...
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi
And no, i haven't been banned.. What do the mods keep killing ur account becuase its right in the mix of the spammers? If so, the Mods need to be more careful.. I've actually reported spammers about 10times all ready.. Just trying to do my part..
2things i really dislike about these new boards are the fact theres a ton of spam and that there isn't a forum for posts ur involed in.. U have to look all over for the posts u are involved in, to check if u have responses.. Its just not as personal... Theres always like a gazillion threads going on...
09-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey Redeye, how much do u like Brennan Williams? Also, whats ur take on Kevin Red****? Is Red**** worth a 2nd rd pick?
09-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Has anyone seen Travis Johnson of San Jose state. I have 1 of his games from last year and he had 4 sacks. I saw he had 6 TFL against UC davis last week cant find the game anywhere.
09-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Well, you know I like Warmack. I still think OT is a bigger need and a more likely 1st round selection as well. But, if you want to make improving your interior blocking a priority in the offseason, I cant think of a better guy than that.
Originally Posted by nycsportzfan
As far as Hawthorne, I like his measurables a lot. He is a hustler, and a good character guy as far as I can see. In all those ways he is a "Reese type" guy. He is also very good closer to the ball and combined with his WR skills(he plays some wr occasionaly) he is a ball hawk. My 1 hesitation about him, which he can easily correct, is his man v man skills downfield. What I have seen of him looks good, but I want to see him vs top notch wrs in man coverage.
Luckily for us this is a good year for big CBs. Banks, Rhodes, and Amerson are all good prospects. I think Rhodes is the best fit for what we do here. He dominates WRs early in the route more than anyone in the draft. That is exactly what you want in a passrush oriented defense. However, I would not complain about any of those guys.