+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 562 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #4031
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,744
    Nicks played immedietly by the way.. First game of the season he had 2catches and 2nd game he got his 1st TD.. And he was the only 1st rder on ur entire list outside of David Wilson.. Looking at Nicks 1st 2games and David Wilson's is like looking at a Star and a Dud.. 3catches 69yrd 1td compared to david wilsons 2ypc fumble and dropped pass... And Hakeem Nicks had Mario Manningham and Steve Smith in front em by the way... Both with more expierence and both 2nd and 3rd rd respectable picks with expierence..

  2. #4032
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,744
    Yo, i never seen a team turn the ball over there 1st 4possesions..lol How funny is that! The broncos should be ashamed of how pathetic there playing! Peyton Manning has made Eli's first half yesterday look like a John Elway 4th qter drive..lol

  3. #4033
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,744
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Snee was drafted 2004 and Diehl 2003. So Snee is the lone exception because Deihl was under Fassel as a rookie.

    It is actually quite amazing how consistent TC's policy has been towards offensive rookies.
    It is? It surprises u that Jeremey Shockey starts ahead of Kevin Boss? Its surprising a 4th rder like Jacobs at his size is the Goal line back and not getting a ton of carries when u got Tiki Barber on the team? And again, tons of those guys not only didn't play as rookies, they never panned out period!!!! Thats not exactly a positive toward Wilson... Brewer still isn't playing even in his 2nd yr, so did it occur he might not be good enough? Andre Brown didn't even make the team..lol Darel Scott is a 7th rd pick who had Bradshaw and Jacobs ahead of him.. I could litteraly do this for everyone on ur list basically..

    And not all of em didn't play, but obviously the ones who were at least good enough to play , were behind some better options.. David Wilson has played, and 100pct got first crack behind bradshaw, but got into the doghouse wk 1, and got in the doghouse in wk 2.. Do u think a guy who comes in first beahind bradshaw was gonna do good and stop getting the ball? Brown took that Opp and ran with it..

  4. #4034
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, and just about all of those guys had very good players ahead of them.. David WIlson does not.. he dosen't have Jeremey Shockey, Plax and Toomer, Bradshaw and Jacobs, in front of em, does he? Like i said, COughlin plays rookies when playing the rookie is the best solution.. David Wilson should be the best solution.. He was given first crack after Bradshaw went down, and did nothing.. He soured again with his 2ypc and dropped pass..

    And also, half ur guys ont hat list still don't play..lol Because they weren't good draft picks, as it happens sometimes..
    So again, where are your examples? Im still waiting....

    Sorry dude, this is a losing battle you are fighting. I listed just about every single offensive rookie drafted under during TC regime and the only exception.

    I mentioned Nicks. I said how he saw some limmited playtime. But was not named a starter until mid season. In fact despite HUGE need at the wr position that year he only started 6 of the 14 games he played. I thank you for bringing him up tho as he completely refutes your argument that immediate need will force offensive rookies into action. Nicks was a very NFL ready player, and he did see more action than most rookies but he was still held back according to TCs slow rookie development plan. Many of his sucessful early plays were just wr screens.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-18-2012 at 02:45 PM.

  5. #4035
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    It is? It surprises u that Jeremey Shockey starts ahead of Kevin Boss? Its surprising a 4th rder like Jacobs at his size is the Goal line back and not getting a ton of carries when u got Tiki Barber on the team? And again, tons of those guys not only didn't play as rookies, they never panned out period!!!! Thats not exactly a positive toward Wilson... Brewer still isn't playing even in his 2nd yr, so did it occur he might not be good enough? Andre Brown didn't even make the team..lol Darel Scott is a 7th rd pick who had Bradshaw and Jacobs ahead of him.. I could litteraly do this for everyone on ur list basically..

    And not all of em didn't play, but obviously the ones who were at least good enough to play , were behind some better options.. David Wilson has played, and 100pct got first crack behind bradshaw, but got into the doghouse wk 1, and got in the doghouse in wk 2.. Do u think a guy who comes in first beahind bradshaw was gonna do good and stop getting the ball? Brown took that Opp and ran with it..
    so every rookie we have drafted under TC save 1 has been unable to play signifcantly early in his rookie year because we didnt need them? Wow that is amazing. It is also nonsense.


    I listed almost every single rookie brought in under TC. Looking back I forgot a couple of rooks. Petrus and Koets for example. But they only support my claim even further. You are just being stubborn in the face of overwhelming evidence.

    Seriously, you calling out a draft pick after TWO GAMES. That is absurd.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-18-2012 at 03:26 AM.

  6. #4036
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,744
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    So again, where are your examples? Im still waiting....

    Sorry dude, this is a losing battle you are fighting. I listed just about every single offensive rookie drafted under during TC regime and the only exception.

    I mentioned Nicks. I said how he saw some limmited playtime. But was not named a starter until mid season. In fact despite HUGE need at the wr position that year he only started 6 of the 14 games he played. I thank you for bringing him up tho as he completely refutes your argument that immediate need will force offensive rookies into action. Nicks was a very NFL ready player, and he did see more action than most rookies but he was still held back according to TCs slow rookie development plan. Many of his sucessful early plays were just wr screens. I
    Dude, by Nicks 4th game, he had 114yrds on 5catches and a TD..lol He played immedietly, and showed he desrved more time.. I don't know why u think Midseason is game 4 of a season? I mean, the guy had a TD in his 2nd game , 3rd game, 4th game, and 5th game..lol Every 1st rder we have played early on, except JPP, who played more as the season went on, because again, he had OSI and TUCK ahead of him..

    David WIlson was given the first crack at backing up bradshaw, and he lost it to Brown.. Theres ur example, right there..lol Why do u think we didn't even see Andre Brown in the opening game? Theres ur example right there.. Wilson got first crack, and for the time being has lost it to Andre Brown..

    And as for other rookies, i don't know whats so hard to understand that it certainly matters whos in front of u, as for gaining playing time.. Why do u think were gonna sit Jeremey Shockey for a 5th rd draft pick outta W.Oregon to start the season is beyond me.. 90pct of the rookies u mentioned are mid rders or later.. Those normally aren't the type of guys who play immedietly, ya know? David Wilson on the other hand has no excuse.. he was given a chance and immedietly lost it becusae of his butterfingers..

  7. #4037
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,744
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    so every rookie we have drafted under TC save 1 has been unable to play signifcantly early in his rookie year because we didnt need them? Wow that is amazing. It is also nonsense.


    I listed almost every single rookie brought in under TC. Looking back I forgot a couple. Petrus and Koets. But they only support my claim even further. You are just being stubborn.

    Seriously, you calling out a draft pick after TWO GAMES. That is absurd.
    uhh, tell me where i'm wrong there buddy..

    Boss had shockey in front of em- No?
    JPP had Tuck and OSI in front of em- No?
    Nicks- I'm not gonna say nicks because he played and played often pretty much immedietly, by week 4 he was a regular, not middle of the season, and certainly not with just screen passes.. Thats absurd..
    Jacobs had Tiki in front of em- No? Tiki was all ready a horse for us, why would that change for a 4th rd pick out of Southern Illinois?
    Mario Manningham- Had Steve Smith, Plax, and Toomer ahead of him.. No?
    Steve Smith- I believe got hurt early on in the season if i'm not mistaken? Pretty sure it was playing early on as well?
    Bradshaw- Had Jacobs and Ward ahead of him and he was a 7th rd pick , lucky to make team let alone play early on...
    Scott- Had Bradshaw and Jacobs ahead of him, and kinda diffrent scenario being hes a 7th rd pick lucky to make team let alone steal carries from those 2
    Brewer- a Mid rd draft pick who we knew going in was a project.. Much diffrent then david wilson.

    Actually i'm gonna stop there, becasue to be honest, the rest of the guys still don't play, so why would they of played there rookie yrs a ton? Chances are there not starting material, period..

  8. #4038
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,744
    And i'm not calling out anyone.. I tried to make that clear when i more then once wrote "i know its still early".. I think i mentioned "so far" as well.. Which means so far, not that hes a bust forever... My point is hes been dissapointing so far, and all ready lost his job to a guy we cut as a 4th rd pick a few yrs ago..

  9. #4039
    We cut Brown because he tore his achillies. Not because he was bad. In fact, there was a lot of high praise for him prior to the injury. Furthermore, I think it is safe to say after 2 games, we will see more of Wilson eventually. His path has been no different than that of every rookie rb under TC.

    Da'rel Scott got 5 carries last year, all late in the season. Prior to that he was a kick returner. After his 2nd fumble in 5 carries as a RB, we never saw him again.

    Ahmad Bradshaw played as a kick returner initially, and after a fumble on special teams he never saw the RB position till the last week of November. But his production certainly picked up from there.

    It is TC's pattern. He does this with all rookie rbs.

  10. #4040
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,744
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    We cut Brown because he tore his achillies. Not because he was bad. In fact, there was a lot of high praise for him prior to the injury. Furthermore, I think it is safe to say after 2 games, we will see more of Wilson eventually. His path has been no different than that of every rookie rb under TC.

    Da'rel Scott got 5 carries last year, all late in the season. Prior to that he was a kick returner. After his 2nd fumble in 5 carries as a RB, we never saw him again.

    Ahmad Bradshaw played as a kick returner initially, and after a fumble on special teams he never saw the RB position till the last week of November. But his production certainly picked up from there.

    It is TC's pattern. He does this with all rookie rbs.
    What do u mean its his plan? U do realize David Wilson was the one who initally backed up Ahmad Bradshaw, right? Not brown, but WIlson.. Brown woulden't even be seeing carries right now had WIlson not fumbled then dropped the worlds easiest pass and avg'd 2 YPC on his 5carries overall.. Dude, he was ahead of brown on the depth chart.. I just don't get how u debate that? He did well in the preseason and because all we had was a 7th rd draft pick form last yr, and a Journey man former 4th rd pick, and another former Undrafted Free Agent in Dj Ware, Wilson won the backup job.. He quickly has lost it becasue he stunk up to this point and with bradshaw out, Brown got to back up Wilson, and immedietly played well, and that was that.

    And how do u know the ACL was the reason we cut brown? Its not like he was killing it or anything.. Hes been let go by another 2teams since us.. Broncos adn Colts.. I just don't get how ur comparing 7th rd draft picks like Bradshaw and Scott to david wilson? Wilson's are freaking 1st rd pick and we have no RB's!!! OUr first rders play, end of story.. Almost all 1st rd picks of every single team plays, unless u got something ahead of em worth keeping em on the bench.. Right now there should be nothing holding David Wilson back..

    FOr all we know, David Wilson could have a great game this week, and be right back ahead of Brown.. I'm not saying Wilson's gonna su-ck, i'm just saying as of now, Doug Martin has outplayed the crap outta him, and hes making my case to why i thought Richardson and Martin were the only 1st rd RB's in the class, and we should of taken Cordy Glenn..

    Now in 3wk's from now, i could look totally wrong about this, hence why i said " i know its early" and "as of right now"... This is just simply the very early stages.. But as far as Coughlin not playing rookies, hes all ready proven u wrong, as David WIlson has played directly as the backup to Bradshaw the first 2games but no one said hes gonna be able to fumble and drop passes and keep that job.. Andre Brown has stole it for the time being..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts