+ Reply to Thread
Page 407 of 562 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

shoot, i even forgot about Justin Tryon as well.. Tryon is 5ft 9 180lbs.. B.Johnson has some height at 5ft 11in, but weights a meager 180lbs.. And then u got Hosely, whos really small and skinny.. I think they like Physical CB's for the mostpart(not saying they wont make exceptions), and alot of physical DB's end up being kinda biggish.. U don't agree with that redeye?

The bills just drafted there 2nd monster sized CB in 2yr span with Gilmore and A.Williams, but it dosen't mean they won't draft a good CB because hes not big.. Hence Ron Brooks... Actually, i find it hard to believe we got bigger secondary then the bills...

What about the Steelers? Ike Taylor is 6ft 2inch, and Cortez Allen is 6ft 1in almost 200lbs..Keenan lewis is 6ft 208lbs.. Every one of those guys are bigger then our biggest CB.. Curtis Brown is 6ft almost a 190 as well..

Chargers got Quentin Jammer whos 6ft 204lb and Cason whos 6ft 1in 196lbs... Marcus Gilchrist is 5ft 10in 200lbs...etc

Are u sure we have the biggest CB's in the league?

Hey Redeye, Brandon Oliver RB Buff is on T.V tonight.. Going up against Kent St...

Wow, Cordy Glenn has only allowed two hurries so far this season and that's impressive considering he went up against Tamba Hali last week. I hope David Wilson steps up tomorrow night and can break out a big run against the Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Wow, Cordy Glenn has only allowed two hurries so far this season and that's impressive considering he went up against Tamba Hali last week. I hope David Wilson steps up tomorrow night and can break out a big run against the Panthers.
    All u heard was rave reviews about him all preseason.. Hes the real deal...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    All u heard was rave reviews about him all preseason.. Hes the real deal...
    I am still a little confused as to why he was not a top 20 pick. He is 1 of those guys who was a "late mover" to the downside. I still never heard why exactly tho. I am coming to think that people who either move up or down the board at the last second are usually moving for bad reasons. It just seems like alot of the last second risers seem to underachive and a lot of the last second fallers seem to be overachievers.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-20-2012 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I am still a little confused as to why he was not a top 20 pick. He is 1 of those guys who was a "late mover" to the downside. I still never heard why exactly tho. I am coming to think that people who either move up or down the board at the last second are usually moving for bad reasons. It just seems like alot of the last second risers seem to underachive and a lot of the last second fallers seem to be overachievers.
    I am starting to think that alot of draftniks like Mel Kiper and others get caught up in the hype of certain players too instead of looking for the consistency. I don't think they look at a player's whole body of work. Even from draftniks on the same network or in the same magazine you'll see statements about a player being a good run blocker but the next guy saying his weakness is run blocking.

Veteran
    shoot, i even forgot about Justin Tryon as well.. Tryon is 5ft 9 180lbs.. B.Johnson has some height at 5ft 11in, but weights a meager 180lbs.. And then u got Hosely, whos really small and skinny.. I think they like Physical CB's for the mostpart(not saying they wont make exceptions), and alot of physical DB's end up being kinda biggish.. U don't agree with that redeye?
    Perry fewell was quoted last year saying that Tryon "doesn't have the size we typically look for"at the time tryon joined us and played last season. size is a big part of their evaluation of a player.

Hey Redeye, Brandon Oliver RB Buff is on T.V tonight.. Going up against Kent St...
    Damn i missed it. Wanted to see Roosevelt Nix 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I am starting to think that alot of draftniks like Mel Kiper and others get caught up in the hype of certain players too instead of looking for the consistency. I don't think they look at a player's whole body of work. Even from draftniks on the same network or in the same magazine you'll see statements about a player being a good run blocker but the next guy saying his weakness is run blocking.
    Depends on what games they watched as well. I watch a lot of games but not every game. Its quite possible especially this early to just catch a player on a bad day. Also guys prejudice
    's gets involved. Might like certain types of players schemes. A guy might like more zone coverage so a man corner he will rate lower. Just how it is

+ Reply to Thread