+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 562 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #4081
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    LOL yeah who wouldnt
    Ya, i know..lol Thats pretty much what i mean though.. That they would perfer something but aren't holding themselves to anything..

  2. #4082
    So at this rate, unless we get a great value pick, should we ignore WR for the 2013 draft? I think the draft picks we've spent there combined with Cruz's emergence make any more additions to the position sort of bloated. Guess it depends on if we keep or lose Cruz though.

  3. #4083
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,912
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    So at this rate, unless we get a great value pick, should we ignore WR for the 2013 draft? I think the draft picks we've spent there combined with Cruz's emergence make any more additions to the position sort of bloated. Guess it depends on if we keep or lose Cruz though.
    I think we'll no more as time goes on.. But the way we've found guys like Hixon and Cruz, were better off waiting till mid to late rds if were to add one at all.. We all ready invested a 1st rd(nicks), 3rd rd(jerny and barden), and 2nd rd(randle) in recent yrs, so were better off holding off, weather we lose Cruz or not.. I'd prefer to just give the guys we got a closer look, meaning Jerrnigan and Randle..

  4. #4084
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    So at this rate, unless we get a great value pick, should we ignore WR for the 2013 draft? I think the draft picks we've spent there combined with Cruz's emergence make any more additions to the position sort of bloated. Guess it depends on if we keep or lose Cruz though.
    Bardens a FA and most likely will be playing somewhere else. Giants just dont have the money to keep him. They have Nicks and Cruz to take care of and have 2 high draft picks waiting in the wings. I dont think it would be a high pick but if the value presents himself do it. The more weapons for ELi the better. I dont think Nicks will ever have a season where he is completely healthy . He plays so physical and violent he will always have injuries
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 09-21-2012 at 08:07 AM.

  5. #4085
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I think we'll no more as time goes on.. But the way we've found guys like Hixon and Cruz, were better off waiting till mid to late rds if were to add one at all.. We all ready invested a 1st rd(nicks), 3rd rd(jerny and barden), and 2nd rd(randle) in recent yrs, so were better off holding off, weather we lose Cruz or not.. I'd prefer to just give the guys we got a closer look, meaning Jerrnigan and Randle..
    How would U rank the importance of resigning of these 4
    JPP,Nick, Joesph,Cruz

  6. #4086
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    How would U rank the importance of resigning of these 4
    JPP,Nick, Joesph,Cruz
    I'm surprised u didn't throw Kenny Phillips in that list.. I'll put Kp on there for ya.. Boy i feel bad for Reese when looking at that up coming FA list.. Anyhow, heres how i'd go.

    1. JPP- That is the only easy one, then it gets tough..

    2. Hakeem Nicks- All though hes injury prone, he is just such a sensational talent and as good as cruz is, i still give Nicks the edge in the competiton to be called our best WR..

    3. Linval Joseph- Space eaters that can apply some pressure are tough to find.. He makes life alot easier on our DE's and LB's for that matter.. He does so many things that don't show up in the boxscore..

    4. Vic Cruz- I love em.. Everyone knows i expected em to make the team as a UDF.. Its just this list is hard to do and someone has to be at or near the bottom of the list..

    5. Kenny Phillips

  7. #4087
    JPP is probably the only one out of the bunch who is guaranteed to return. You don't let guys like JPP who can do everything at the position go away. Things get a little tough between Nicks and Cruz because all of us here are pretty smart and realize the odds of keeping them both are slim to none. The major factor here I feel will be how Reese views Nicks and his future mainly regarding his health. We have a history of letting DTs go and I can only hope someone like Kuhn steps up so we can let go of Canty instead. KP might come down to how good Will Hill plays as the season progresses but it's also possible (and more likely) that Rolle gets cut with his current level of play.

    If veterans like Webster, Tuck, Rolle, etc. don't show up enough this season, we're going to have some serious cap room.

  8. #4088
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm surprised u didn't throw Kenny Phillips in that list.. I'll put Kp on there for ya.. Boy i feel bad for Reese when looking at that up coming FA list.. Anyhow, heres how i'd go.

    1. JPP- That is the only easy one, then it gets tough..

    2. Hakeem Nicks- All though hes injury prone, he is just such a sensational talent and as good as cruz is, i still give Nicks the edge in the competiton to be called our best WR..

    3. Linval Joseph- Space eaters that can apply some pressure are tough to find.. He makes life alot easier on our DE's and LB's for that matter.. He does so many things that don't show up in the boxscore..

    4. Vic Cruz- I love em.. Everyone knows i expected em to make the team as a UDF.. Its just this list is hard to do and someone has to be at or near the bottom of the list..

    5. Kenny Phillips
    While I agree with that order, I think 1-4 will all be seriously pursued for resigning. So much so, that some other high priced players may be on the chopping block. Guys like Canty, Rolle, Diehl, and an outside chance of Tuck or Webster.

    Furthermore, I would add that there are rumors that Chris Canty has been a bit quiet about exactly what procedure he had done to his knee this offseason. I am now starting to hear that he had mircofracture surgery, although he will niether confirm or deny. If that is the case, I do not think we can keep him here under his current contract.

    This is the 1st offseason where Reese will have to make really hard choices.

    I believe Joseph > Canty and yet Canty makes about 6 mil more. I believe the difference in Antrel Rolle and Will hill do not justify the near 7 mil difference in salary.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-21-2012 at 11:08 AM.

  9. #4089
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm surprised u didn't throw Kenny Phillips in that list.. I'll put Kp on there for ya.. Boy i feel bad for Reese when looking at that up coming FA list.. Anyhow, heres how i'd go.

    1. JPP- That is the only easy one, then it gets tough..

    2. Hakeem Nicks- All though hes injury prone, he is just such a sensational talent and as good as cruz is, i still give Nicks the edge in the competiton to be called our best WR..

    3. Linval Joseph- Space eaters that can apply some pressure are tough to find.. He makes life alot easier on our DE's and LB's for that matter.. He does so many things that don't show up in the boxscore..

    4. Vic Cruz- I love em.. Everyone knows i expected em to make the team as a UDF.. Its just this list is hard to do and someone has to be at or near the bottom of the list..

    5. Kenny Phillips
    I would agree with this

  10. #4090
    I really hope JPP doesnt put the screws to the Giants. Im sure they will have no problem paying him very well but if he makes demands like Revis we could have issues. Joesph I dont want to lose either. The guy is so underrated around the NFL by fans . I have a feeling coaches know who he is though

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts