+ Reply to Thread
Page 421 of 562 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I like Jarvis Jones but his lack of pass rush production against good teams and tackles is bothersome. Last year he had 0 against a ranked teams. Yesterday again didnt get 1

I almost posted this exact same comment prior to seeing it from you.

Heh.. I was away this weekend, I love coming back to this forums and trying to guess which games NYC's comments are referring to. Its like a little mini game I occupy myself with.

Dont take it the wrong way either NYC, I think it is great. I can get the same way watching sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Heh.. I was away this weekend, I love coming back to this forums and trying to guess which games NYC's comments are referring to. Its like a little mini game I occupy myself with.

Dont take it the wrong way either NYC, I think it is great. I can get the same way watching sometimes.
    Ah, i don't take it the wrong way at all, buddy! I actually had big smile and a chuckle when i read that..lol I get so into it quite often..lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    These are 2 guys I want to respond to:

As far as Rhodes go, I agree 100%. He just takes wrs completely out of football games.

As to Vaccaro, I liked him a lot too, but I watched the Texas game closely this week and his lost stock dropped in my eyes. He had a terrible game vs OSU. His tackling was horrendous as were some of the paths he took to the runners. At halftime, espn even commented how badly he was getting trucked.
    Ya, but oklahoma st will do that to saftey's.. They put up numbers on just about everyone.. I still like em alot, what i've seen, it'll take more then one beating from a potent offense like Ok St to change my mind, but it does stink he had a bad game..

How'd Jeffocat and Okafor do? How about Byndom? Byndom is really good as well..

What a demoralizing loss! Just gut wrenching and depressing! It certainly wasen't ELI's most dumb moment in Philly, unfortunetly..lol The Dive instaead of Slide and fumbling when no one touches is u is worse to me, but its a close 2nd..lol I want to say i deserve to eat crow for my critiscim of Domenik Hixon.. I was really harsh in the GDT on him, and i apologize and will eat my crow..lol The reason i was so critical is because he haden't done anything in like 3plus yrs, and i felt when hes been on the field for a large chunk of plays, our offense had been bad for the most part , outside of his 1st yr with us... I feel hes getting by for way to long on a not good enough resume... Either way, i may of been wrong and he was brilliant. Just had to get that out there..

Heres this WK's mock draft.. Again, pass rush stuck out to me as a weak spot against the eagles, and our oline wasen't as strong as they looked the week prior.. The secondary is also gonna need another legit weapon.. Martellus bennett didn't do anything in a game we needed em to be good as well..
    So, we definetly have some games under the belt and a bit of a idea of what were gonna possibly be looking for in Arpil..

So heres this weeks mock.. I'm gonna put us at about pick 25 this week.. Dropping a few spots from pick 28last week because of the Loss..

RD1- Alex Okafor DE Texas- Sticking with the speedy DE from Texas.. OSI is getting close to done and blew contain a gazillion times... Tuck was invisible for the most part as well..

RD2- Desmond Trufant CB Washington- This kid was brilliant this past week, and i'm moving em up my board.. I woulden't mind taking Trufant in the 2nd rd at all.. We certainly could use the help as Corey Webster looks dreadful this yr.. Trufant would join Amukumura and Hosley as the CB trio of future..

RD3- Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- This kid can flat out ball and we need a future ILB if Herzlich isn't to be that guy.. Blackburn isn't longterm answer, and i'd like a more complete ILB with more upside.. Mauti is all over the field and has non stop motor and makes plays.. Our defense is alot weaker then our offense..

RD4- Mark Jackson T Glenville St- Big 6ft 5in 332lb tackle from small school , is very athletic and strong.. Showed athletic ability on a screen pass where he took it in from 17yrds out... He reminds me of Harewood of Baltimore...

RD5-Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- Had off field issue but is back and has show the ability to be a mismatch down the middle fo the field for a LB and has blocking potential. Could get alittle stronger and bigger but has the frame for it.. Solid upside for this kid, once with a QB who can throw it like ELI can..

RD6- Earl Wolff SS NC State- A team captain and leader... I like the way he plays the game, with alot of grit and determenation.. He hits hard and is very physical, and capable of making plays on balls in the air.. I think he might rise a bit by draftime...

RD7-Connor Vernon WR Duke- Could go alittle earlier, but if not, would be solid value and we could need a WR if were to lose a Nicks or Cruz or Barden or Hixon..etc Grabbing a late rd flyer on a WR with value is not a bad idea, seeing how we excel through the air on offense..

So theres this weeks mock, with me seeing defense as much bigger issue today..

Giants need another Defensive end really bad. Justin Tuck has very little left. He stills plays the run well. We need someone that can contribute immediately as a pass rusher

I put up a Mauti video yesterday

David Wilson was our MVP last night. As one of his detractors, I have to give the kid credit for having good vision on those returns. I was even secretly hoping to see the Giants give him a few shots on offense with a pass play and a few runs on the edge. My confidence for his future went up just a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, but oklahoma st will do that to saftey's.. They put up numbers on just about everyone.. I still like em alot, what i've seen, it'll take more then one beating from a potent offense like Ok St to change my mind, but it does stink he had a bad game..

How'd Jeffocat and Okafor do? How about Byndom? Byndom is really good as well..
    Okafor and Jeffcoat were both fine. In fact, I think OSU's offense puts more stress on ends than anyone since they get the ball out so fast. But, I cannot get the taste of the poor tackling by Vaccaro so easily out of my mouth. He was just running up and bumping guys without wrapping at all. I am not saying he is all of the sudden garbage, I just think his stock took a hit. He has some time to build it back up, but he needs t be far more physical, he was afraid of contact all game. I still like him when the ball is in the air tho.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    What a demoralizing loss! Just gut wrenching and depressing! It certainly wasen't ELI's most dumb moment in Philly, unfortunetly..lol The Dive instaead of Slide and fumbling when no one touches is u is worse to me, but its a close 2nd..lol I want to say i deserve to eat crow for my critiscim of Domenik Hixon.. I was really harsh in the GDT on him, and i apologize and will eat my crow..lol The reason i was so critical is because he haden't done anything in like 3plus yrs, and i felt when hes been on the field for a large chunk of plays, our offense had been bad for the most part , outside of his 1st yr with us... I feel hes getting by for way to long on a not good enough resume... Either way, i may of been wrong and he was brilliant. Just had to get that out there..

Heres this WK's mock draft.. Again, pass rush stuck out to me as a weak spot against the eagles, and our oline wasen't as strong as they looked the week prior.. The secondary is also gonna need another legit weapon.. Martellus bennett didn't do anything in a game we needed em to be good as well..
    So, we definetly have some games under the belt and a bit of a idea of what were gonna possibly be looking for in Arpil..

So heres this weeks mock.. I'm gonna put us at about pick 25 this week.. Dropping a few spots from pick 28last week because of the Loss..

RD1- Alex Okafor DE Texas- Sticking with the speedy DE from Texas.. OSI is getting close to done and blew contain a gazillion times... Tuck was invisible for the most part as well..

RD2- Desmond Trufant CB Washington- This kid was brilliant this past week, and i'm moving em up my board.. I woulden't mind taking Trufant in the 2nd rd at all.. We certainly could use the help as Corey Webster looks dreadful this yr.. Trufant would join Amukumura and Hosley as the CB trio of future..

RD3- Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- This kid can flat out ball and we need a future ILB if Herzlich isn't to be that guy.. Blackburn isn't longterm answer, and i'd like a more complete ILB with more upside.. Mauti is all over the field and has non stop motor and makes plays.. Our defense is alot weaker then our offense..

RD4- Mark Jackson T Glenville St- Big 6ft 5in 332lb tackle from small school , is very athletic and strong.. Showed athletic ability on a screen pass where he took it in from 17yrds out... He reminds me of Harewood of Baltimore...

RD5-Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- Had off field issue but is back and has show the ability to be a mismatch down the middle fo the field for a LB and has blocking potential. Could get alittle stronger and bigger but has the frame for it.. Solid upside for this kid, once with a QB who can throw it like ELI can..

RD6- Earl Wolff SS NC State- A team captain and leader... I like the way he plays the game, with alot of grit and determenation.. He hits hard and is very physical, and capable of making plays on balls in the air.. I think he might rise a bit by draftime...

RD7-Connor Vernon WR Duke- Could go alittle earlier, but if not, would be solid value and we could need a WR if were to lose a Nicks or Cruz or Barden or Hixon..etc Grabbing a late rd flyer on a WR with value is not a bad idea, seeing how we excel through the air on offense..

So theres this weeks mock, with me seeing defense as much bigger issue today..
    Heh, I dunno that draft seems SO unlikely just because almost everyone on that list SO good. Without even looking where he is rated I find it seriously hard to believe Earl Wolff would be a 6th rounder. That guy is a player.

Without knowing the status of KP's injury just yet, I have to wonder if that knee was the 1 that he had microfracture surgery on. That surgery typically shortens guys careers and therefor I do think our chances of resigning him are shrinking daily. Earl Wolff would be a great replacement.

Okafor isnt my favorite DE in the class, but that doesnt make him a very good player.

In the comming years I would like to see us try to address our Oline needs in Free agency, so that we can address some of our pressing defensive needs via the draft.

+ Reply to Thread