+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 562 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Im going to take a look at Texas tonight, Im going hard on pass rushers from now on. I cut Devin taylor earlier today

Zach Bauman RB northern Arizona, probably the best running back at the D1AA level. Built and quick like ray rice. He could be a steal in the 3rd or 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Cquezada1923 View Post
    Zach Bauman RB northern Arizona, probably the best running back at the D1AA level. Built and quick like ray rice. He could be a steal in the 3rd or 4th round.
    I have seen him play, and to be honest it is very hard to evaluate his play because many of his big runs are the doing of the blocking. I want to see him create something where there is nothing. I want to see him move a pile on 3rd and short. There are runs where he isnt touched until 10 yards down the field on a simple off tackle. That doesnt happen in the NFL. But then again, that is always a problem with drafting AA guys, you cannot be sure of the level of competition. In watching his play I dont see him do anything wrong. I just walk away thinking "wow that Oline completley dominated, and he toook advantage."

Walts mock just came out.. 3rds, and i'm glad he finally got rid of a QB to us in rd 3, but still not a huge fan..

rd 1.. Alex Ogletree ilb georgia- i like the player, but he still had Alex Okafor on the board, and our dline needs replenishing more then our LB's...
    rd 2... James Gayle de va tech- not a bad choice, but i'd rather of gone okafor in rd 1, and desmond trufant in rd 2... Also Wagner was on his board..
    rd 3... Alex Hurst ot lsu- i like this pick.. it makes sense.. i would of probably kept this pick.. so according to his board, i'd of gone okafor, trufant, and hurst.

a couple guys i really like are featured on Waltfootballs STOCK UP report this week.. Mauti and Trufant.. Mauti is a stud, and i would love to get em, if hes on the board in RD 3, but its doubtful, unless were picking in the first half, which i hope were not..

Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    The Huskies had a low-scoring upset win over Stanford and Trufant was a big reason why. They sold out to stop the Cardinal and its power running game. By doing that Washington left its cornerbacks on an island and Trufant came up with a clutch game. He broke up a couple of deep passes with tight coverage. On one, Trufant ripped the receiver's arm away to force an incompletion and a punt. It was a clutch play and impressive strength from the senior.

Trufant was in man coverage on tight end Levine Toilolo, a 6-foot-8 tight end on Stanford's final fourth down attempt. The Cardinal signal-caller threw the ball up for grabs and a it was little overthrown towards the defender. Trufant made a leaping interception to save the upset win for the Huskies.

It is rare for Trufant (6-0, 186) to be tested as most teams stay away from him, but he held up perfectly and showed some real ball skills against Stanford. Without a lot of opportunities his ball skills are undefined, but he certainly showed them with two pass breakups and an interception against the Cardinal. Trufant looks like a solid second-round pick.

Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State
    The hard-nosed run defender came up with three big plays in the passing game to help Penn State cruise to a road win over Illinois. Mauti undercut a route On a fourth-and-goal just before halftime and picked off a pass at the goal line. He ran for the corner, turned upfield and then trucked down the field. The senior was tackled a half yard short of the end zone for a 99-yard interception return.

Mauti started a sack with a nice blitz off the edge in the third quarter. He later grabbed his second interception after reading the quarterback to beat the receiver to a floated pass. Mauti also made a great tackle on punt defense right after the ball was caught.

Mauti has totaled 48 tackles, two interceptions, 1.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and two passes broken up so far in 2012. The 6-foot-2, 232-pounder will probably will have to move to outside linebacker at ths next level. Mauti isn't the fastest defender, but he's instinctive, intelligent and physical. Mauti definitely will be a good special teams contributor in the NFL. This outing should help his cause and looks like a solid mid-rounder.

Trufant is no secret anymore. If he had a good combine and the way Cbs are valued now I think he could sneak into the 1st.

We are going to see people take more chances on cornerbacks in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Trufant is no secret anymore. If he had a good combine and the way Cbs are valued now I think he could sneak into the 1st.

We are going to see people take more chances on cornerbacks in the coming years.
    I agree 100pct with ur assement on Trufant.. I feel the same way about Jordan Poyer and Carrington Byndom.. Obviously not all 3 of Byndom Trufant and Poyer will go in RD 1 with seemingly Banks, Milliner, Rhodes, and possibly Amerson all ready ticketed for RD 1 as well, but i could see 2of those 3sneak in there..

If u could pick a player to trade up for assuming the giants are gonna pick somewhere between 25-30, and trying to be realistic about it, without giving up the entire draft this yr and next, what would it be? This is just for fun of course..

I would not mind seeing the GIANTS trade up to the late teens/20th overall to get either Barrett Jones, Xavier Rhodes, Jackson Jeffcoat, Manti Te'o, kawaan Short, or Jake Matthews.. I love all those players, and if i wasent' overly sure one of em were gonna be on the board, i'd consider trading up.. Obviously Reese is a genius at staying put and getting quality players, but just for fun, thats what i think...

If we traded up to say 19th overall from 28th, it'd cost something like our 1st, 3rd, and 3rd in 2014 probably? So basically ur giving up 2 3rd rders..

I'd love to do that and see a draft like this

RD1... Barrett Jones G/T/C Bama
    RD2... Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    RD4.. Everett Dawkins DT Florida St.
    RD5.. Earl Wolff SS NC State
    RD6.. Jonathan Bostic ILB Florida
    RD7.. Ryan Griffin TE Uconn

Thats not 2shabby a draft with losing a couple 3rd rders over the next couple yrs... Barrett Jones is Mr.Versatility and we could put him anywhere including possibly LT if need be.. U still see the Defense get really beefed up albeit, no pass rusher, but Everett Dawkins is a solid DT which could be a need if Ausin dont' get it togehter and Canty is a cap casulty.. Ryan Griffin is a really solid pass catching TE who can block and would be awesome with a better passing offense around em.. Just the kinda player Reese gets and turns into stud.. Wolff is one of my fave sleepers, and Trufant could end up being our best CB 3yrs down road...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Walts mock just came out.. 3rds, and i'm glad he finally got rid of a QB to us in rd 3, but still not a huge fan..

rd 1.. Alex Ogletree ilb georgia- i like the player, but he still had Alex Okafor on the board, and our dline needs replenishing more then our LB's...
    rd 2... James Gayle de va tech- not a bad choice, but i'd rather of gone okafor in rd 1, and desmond trufant in rd 2... Also Wagner was on his board..
    rd 3... Alex Hurst ot lsu- i like this pick.. it makes sense.. i would of probably kept this pick.. so according to his board, i'd of gone okafor, trufant, and hurst.
    I really like Ogletree guy is athletic as hell That was his first game back against Tenn he played like a madman.

+ Reply to Thread