+ Reply to Thread
Page 423 of 562 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #4221
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I really like Ogletree guy is athletic as hell That was his first game back against Tenn he played like a madman.
    Agreed.. I like em alot as well.. I just don't think its our biggest area for concnern, and i'd only go Ogletree if the board is completely bare of all these players.. Jake Matthews, Barrett Jones, Alex Okafor, Chance Warmack, Jonathan Banks, Kawaan Short, Jackson Jeffcoat, and possibly Tyler Eifert.. I'd take one of those guys over Ogletree, not because i dont like ogletree, but because i feel the need and value is better with other players.. Shoot, even Saftey is looking more and more like a need and with guys like TJ Mcdonald out there, we may just need to take em...

  2. #4222
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    I'm eager to see how the Dolphins do in this yrs draft.. Tannehill is actually looking solid(very surprising to me), and they will have a early rd pick in 1st, plus 2 early 2nd's and obviously a early 3rd.. U can do some serious damage with that..

  3. #4223
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    Another guy i'd consdier if i was the Giants in RD 1 is Dion jordan.. I'm falling in love with him as a prospect, and i think JPP and Jordan would be fearsome for yrs to come.. That would be a intersting surprise 1st rder...

  4. #4224
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Another guy i'd consdier if i was the Giants in RD 1 is Dion jordan.. I'm falling in love with him as a prospect, and i think JPP and Jordan would be fearsome for yrs to come.. That would be a intersting surprise 1st rder...
    He is a playmaker, but I think he ends up in a 34 system as the weakside backer. At least, I think that is the position he will hold the most value for and will likely be drafted to play.

    You have to love his versatility though

  5. #4225
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    He is a playmaker, but I think he ends up in a 34 system as the weakside backer. At least, I think that is the position he will hold the most value for and will likely be drafted to play.

    You have to love his versatility though
    The funniest thing happened.. I was looking at the prospect rankings on CBSSPORTS, and decided to take a peak at there Mocks.. I sh-it u not, Dane Brugler has the giants taking Dion Jordan!!!lol Rang has us going Eifert.. Its funny though, that someone else was thinking that. Either way, i think he could be a versatile Pass rusher for us, that we could stand up and put in the 3point stance, maybe blitz em from the SLB positon...etc KIWI is having a terrible season, so SLB and DE could be somewhat of a need..

  6. #4226
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The funniest thing happened.. I was looking at the prospect rankings on CBSSPORTS, and decided to take a peak at there Mocks.. I sh-it u not, Dane Brugler has the giants taking Dion Jordan!!!lol Rang has us going Eifert.. Its funny though, that someone else was thinking that. Either way, i think he could be a versatile Pass rusher for us, that we could stand up and put in the 3point stance, maybe blitz em from the SLB positon...etc KIWI is having a terrible season, so SLB and DE could be somewhat of a need..


    I do think DE is becomming a need again. I just think at 243 lbs and with his ability to play as a blitzer and as a guy who can drop back into coverage(a little) he is going to be rated higher as a 34 OLB than he will for any position in a 43 defense.

    Dion is clearly at his best when moving forward, similar to Kiwi. But we cannot blitz a LB if w cannot cover and that has been our problem so far this year. Kiwi has had very few blitz opportunities and hasnt even been on the field that much because we have been forced into the nickle.

    For example, I think 34 teams will have Jordan rated slightly higher, perhaps as a mid 1st round prospect and 43 teams will have him as a late 1st round pick, that would greatly increase his chances of being picked by a 34 team. It isnt that I dont like him for us. I just think he fits a 34 team's need more than a 43 team. Furthermore, a weakside 34 backer is an impact, every down position in a 34 defense. The strongside backer in the 43 defense is seeing the field less and less these days because of all the nickle and dime packages defenses are being forced to run.

    Lastly, I would say that we need a defensive end capable of playing the left side, which is most often the strong side. JPP is most natural at the RDE(but is versatile enough to play anywhere) and Tuck plays the LDE. We need a guy who can help spell Tuck and I do not think that Jordan, at 243 lbs, can play LDE until he gains a serious amount of strength and size. Ideally, he needs to be in that 270+ range to play that position. Gaining 30 lbs is not unheard of in the NFL but ithere is always risk associated with it. Will he be able to keep his impressive burst at that weight?
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-04-2012 at 07:11 PM.

  7. #4227
    Sportzfan I know your a big Notre Dame fan Ive been watching them the last couple day that defense is really really good. They have a bunch of future high draft picks

  8. #4228
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    Thank u lord that we did not draft Bobbie Massie! HE is utterly pathetic! I have never seen a worse performance by a T in my entire life of watching football!! He makes Guy Whimper look like Jake Long! I 100pct understand why he fell in the draft... Hes lazy as a sloth and has absoulutley zero flexibility.. I'm trying to be nice!!!

  9. #4229
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Thank u lord that we did not draft Bobbie Massie! HE is utterly pathetic! I have never seen a worse performance by a T in my entire life of watching football!! He makes Guy Whimper look like Jake Long! I 100pct understand why he fell in the draft... Hes lazy as a sloth and has absoulutley zero flexibility.. I'm trying to be nice!!!
    I liked em 2.. I have no problem admitting i was wrong and i was wrong about bobbie massie.. U aren't good if u su-ck like he did today.. Theres no hope for u...

  10. #4230
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I liked em 2.. I have no problem admitting i was wrong and i was wrong about bobbie massie.. U aren't good if u su-ck like he did today.. Theres no hope for u...
    Hahaha you're quoting yourself now. I think the boards are getting to you.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts