+ Reply to Thread
Page 426 of 562 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #4251
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,411
    man that Thompson kid for FLA ST is awesome! He had another impressive game today(albeit in a loss).. He runs so freaking hard for a smaller scat back... Also, hes got the blazing speed.. Thompson's the real deal...


    Also, Desmond Trufant is flat out stud.. I know Wash got destroyed but he was breaking up passes early on in that game left and right.. He broke up one pass that was picked off as well.. I would love to add Trufant to the mix...

    Sleeper CB is Nigel Malone of K-State.. Kids not overly big, but hes got some really good ballskills, and can mix it up in the run game..

  2. #4252
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,411
    Mock draft time ladies and gentelmen! Mood after the browns game is simply , "happy we WON".. Our offense is loaded and ELI is playing at a level that is utterly ridiculous! Our oline is really blocking well after early season struggles.. A TE could still be needed as Bennett has fell off some, and now could be injured.. Oline also is still a option despite quality of play picking up in that aspect.. But overly, i think our defense needs to b e focused on as of right now.. Of course this draft changes weekly depending on how were looking and what positons look solid or cr-appy.. Anyhow, heres this weeks draft.

    I got us picking 27th this week, based on last week i had us 25th(if i remember correct?)..

    RD1... Alex Okafor DE Texas- I'm starting to think hes gonna rise up into the teens, as the Sacks pile up.. Hes really talented pass rusher who reminds me of a young OSI..

    RD2.. Kevin Minter ILB L.S.U- THis kids a freaking animal! I love Michael Mauti as well, but this kid minter is just extremely aggressive and has a non stop motor with great physical size to take on blockers.. This kids a freak! Okafor and Minter together in one draft would really up the talent level of this defense..

    RD3.. Graham Pocic C/G/T Illinois- This kids got the size and strength to be a versatile lineman that plays multiple spots.. THey had em at RT some this past weekend against Wisconsin.. Just the kinda olineman we like...

    RD4.. Cory Grissom DT S.Florida- A big plugger whos been coming on of late.. A great run stopper whos squatty strong and uses his low center of gravity to gain leverege..

    RD5.. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St- Has good ballskills and solid size.. Could be one of those finds that ends up being a starter down the rd..

    RD6.. Ryan Griffin TE UCONN- As i said last wk, i like this kid alot.. Tall kid who reminds me alot of Kevin Boss..

    RD7.. Zach Brown K Portland St.- This kid can kick! Very accurate and has kicked a ton of FG's for the small school portland st vikings...

  3. #4253
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,934
    Think cb is going to be a big need. Not sure a 5tg round pick is enough

  4. #4254
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Think cb is going to be a big need. Not sure a 5tg round pick is enough
    Webster, AMukumara, Hosley and Coe are a solid young group "besides Webster". Amukumara has played well and I think Hosley is going to be 1 of the best Nickel CB's in the NFL. If the value presents itself im for it but this team needs to fix the pass rush.

  5. #4255
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Webster, AMukumara, Hosley and Coe are a solid young group "besides Webster". Amukumara has played well and I think Hosley is going to be 1 of the best Nickel CB's in the NFL. If the value presents itself im for it but this team needs to fix the pass rush.
    I agree that the pass rush is the top priority. I feel as though you need 3 starting DEs and 3 starting corners. I hope for an early round corner so that when Webster is gone in 2014, we wont have to rely on a rookie, we would have a guy with a year of experience ready to fill in at an important position. Similarly I wanted to draft Andre branch this year so that when osi leaves at the end of the year we would already have a guy with a year under his belt.

  6. #4256
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Webster, AMukumara, Hosley and Coe are a solid young group "besides Webster". Amukumara has played well and I think Hosley is going to be 1 of the best Nickel CB's in the NFL. If the value presents itself im for it but this team needs to fix the pass rush.
    I agree, and to take it a step further I think they need to improve more than just their passrush with regards to the defensive end postions. I hate it when people make alarmist statements like "we cant win it all with X as our starter" but I am going to make 1 :

    We cannot win consistently with the complete lack of contain we have exhibited. It just presents too many big plays to opposing offenses.

    That is why I think we have to get another good solid all around DE prospect, not just a guy who is a good passrusher that lacks gap discipline.

    Right now, the 2 guys who have my attention are Werner and Okafor. Both are good all around prospects who play solid fundamental gap control defense and who can also get after a QB.

  7. #4257
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I agree, and to take it a step further I think they need to improve more than just their passrush with regards to the defensive end postions. I hate it when people make alarmist statements like "we cant win it all with X as our starter" but I am going to make 1 :

    We cannot win consistently with the complete lack of contain we have exhibited. It just presents too many big plays to opposing offenses.

    That is why I think we have to get another good solid all around DE prospect, not just a guy who is a good passrusher that lacks gap discipline.

    Right now, the 2 guys who have my attention are Werner and Okafor. Both are good all around prospects who play solid fundamental gap control defense and who can also get after a QB.
    I think Okafor would be a great fit to take over for Tuck. Give me Okafor and Ansah 2 DE's

  8. #4258
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Mock draft time ladies and gentelmen! Mood after the browns game is simply , "happy we WON".. Our offense is loaded and ELI is playing at a level that is utterly ridiculous! Our oline is really blocking well after early season struggles.. A TE could still be needed as Bennett has fell off some, and now could be injured.. Oline also is still a option despite quality of play picking up in that aspect.. But overly, i think our defense needs to b e focused on as of right now.. Of course this draft changes weekly depending on how were looking and what positons look solid or cr-appy.. Anyhow, heres this weeks draft.

    I got us picking 27th this week, based on last week i had us 25th(if i remember correct?)..

    RD1... Alex Okafor DE Texas- I'm starting to think hes gonna rise up into the teens, as the Sacks pile up.. Hes really talented pass rusher who reminds me of a young OSI..

    RD2.. Kevin Minter ILB L.S.U- THis kids a freaking animal! I love Michael Mauti as well, but this kid minter is just extremely aggressive and has a non stop motor with great physical size to take on blockers.. This kids a freak! Okafor and Minter together in one draft would really up the talent level of this defense..

    RD3.. Graham Pocic C/G/T Illinois- This kids got the size and strength to be a versatile lineman that plays multiple spots.. THey had em at RT some this past weekend against Wisconsin.. Just the kinda olineman we like...

    RD4.. Cory Grissom DT S.Florida- A big plugger whos been coming on of late.. A great run stopper whos squatty strong and uses his low center of gravity to gain leverege..

    RD5.. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St- Has good ballskills and solid size.. Could be one of those finds that ends up being a starter down the rd..

    RD6.. Ryan Griffin TE UCONN- As i said last wk, i like this kid alot.. Tall kid who reminds me alot of Kevin Boss..

    RD7.. Zach Brown K Portland St.- This kid can kick! Very accurate and has kicked a ton of FG's for the small school portland st vikings...
    I found this on Pocic from the nationalfootball post
    In a season without many highly regarded centers, Pocic was viewed as a potential “sleeper” when he received mid round grades from the scouting combines. However, his play in 2012 warrants nothing more than a seventh round grade and more likely would lead to him going undrafted. At 6’6 and 309 pounds, Pocic has the measureables, but he struggles to bend knees to block with base and can be pushed around because he lacks playing strength. He does not have the foot quickness, agility or athleticism to block effectively when he has to move his feet and ends up on the ground too often. I will be surprised if Pocic is drafted in the first five rounds of the 2013 NFL Draft.

  9. #4259
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Think cb is going to be a big need. Not sure a 5tg round pick is enough
    I do a mock a week, and in my opinion, the one i came up with this past week, is the best.. I really like Nigel Malone, and if we pick a good CB early, it isn't gonna matter if were not getting pressure on the QB.. That is more important then anything.. Okafor, Minter, Grissom, and Malone would be a huge Jolt to our defense...

  10. #4260
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I found this on Pocic from the nationalfootball post
    In a season without many highly regarded centers, Pocic was viewed as a potential “sleeper” when he received mid round grades from the scouting combines. However, his play in 2012 warrants nothing more than a seventh round grade and more likely would lead to him going undrafted. At 6’6 and 309 pounds, Pocic has the measureables, but he struggles to bend knees to block with base and can be pushed around because he lacks playing strength. He does not have the foot quickness, agility or athleticism to block effectively when he has to move his feet and ends up on the ground too often. I will be surprised if Pocic is drafted in the first five rounds of the 2013 NFL Draft.
    What i've seen, hes been great! But then again, i haven't watched every Illinois game.. I watched a bunch of ill vs wis and was very impressed indeed! The guy don't give himself much room to be wrong, saying that he'd be surprised if he goes before the 5th.. Centers fall every yr that far, its no secret..

    I sure hope he falls and we can get em! The kid plays all over the line, and can bench 350 and squat 455... Hes a strong kid with great size, and is versatile.. I find it hard to believe that a guy who most have moved up boards, is now bad enough to go undrafted, especially with the versatility factored in.. Hes pretty darn good..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts