+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 562 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

WalterFootball has us taking the following players in his updated mock draft

1. Barrett Jones T/C/G - Says he would immediately start at LG or RT for us and could move to C. I think he fits better on the interior line than as a T in the NFL.

2. Desmond Trufant CB - Haven't really caught any of his games this year so I'm not qualified to speak about him. I know nycsports likes him though. Plus we always need more CBs since injuries always plague us there.

3. Nico Johnson ILB - I like the player since it's obvious Blackburn doesn't have what it takes (athleticism) to be MLB against teams with a great rushing attack but it's paramount we get a pass rusher before the 4th round.

Pros: Some good prospects that have great chances to make an impact on this team.
    Cons: I don't think we can afford to wait until rounds 4-7 to grab a pass rusher with Osi heading into FA and Tuck not seeming like Tuck anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    WalterFootball has us taking the following players in his updated mock draft

1. Barrett Jones T/C/G - Says he would immediately start at LG or RT for us and could move to C. I think he fits better on the interior line than as a T in the NFL.

2. Desmond Trufant CB - Haven't really caught any of his games this year so I'm not qualified to speak about him. I know nycsports likes him though. Plus we always need more CBs since injuries always plague us there.

3. Nico Johnson ILB - I like the player since it's obvious Blackburn doesn't have what it takes (athleticism) to be MLB against teams with a great rushing attack but it's paramount we get a pass rusher before the 4th round.

Pros: Some good prospects that have great chances to make an impact on this team.
    Cons: I don't think we can afford to wait until rounds 4-7 to grab a pass rusher with Osi heading into FA and Tuck not seeming like Tuck anymore.
    Hey, ur stealing my job!!!lol j/k!! I litteraly was coming over to this thread to give Walts mock info to us and see u beat me to the punch!!!lol

What a bad A-ss mock draft! Seriously, i'm in love with Barrett Jones and Desmond Trufant as prospects, and Nico Johnson brings attitude and aggresivness to the MLB positon.. Seriously, this is one heck of a mock draft, despite no pass rusher being there.. Maybe we can get lucky, and snatch up a Devin Taylor or Margus Hunt in RD 4, if one slips becuase of on field production this yr not being where it needs to be.. If we could trade for a ex 3rd rd pick and add a John Simon DE Ohio St to the mix, it also would be a perfect draft.. Either way, u can' t fill every need via draft, and getting a versatile swing lineman like Barrett Jones, and a lockdown CB in Trufant, and a Snot knocking ILB from a winning program in Nico Johnson, ur doing all right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hey, ur stealing my job!!!lol j/k!! I litteraly was coming over to this thread to give Walts mock info to us and see u beat me to the punch!!!lol

What a bad A-ss mock draft! Seriously, i'm in love with Barrett Jones and Desmond Trufant as prospects, and Nico Johnson brings attitude and aggresivness to the MLB positon.. Seriously, this is one heck of a mock draft, despite no pass rusher being there.. Maybe we can get lucky, and snatch up a Devin Taylor or Margus Hunt in RD 4, if one slips becuase of on field production this yr not being where it needs to be.. If we could trade for a ex 3rd rd pick and add a John Simon DE Ohio St to the mix, it also would be a perfect draft.. Either way, u can' t fill every need via draft, and getting a versatile swing lineman like Barrett Jones, and a lockdown CB in Trufant, and a Snot knocking ILB from a winning program in Nico Johnson, ur doing all right!!!
    Yeah I suppose you're right about not filling every need but I just find it hard to imagine that the Giants would wait so long to grab a pass rusher considering the current situation and how in love they are with developing DEs. Speaking of Trufant, do you by chance have any good games in mind on him you could recommend to watch? I'd prefer to see a really good game and a bad one but any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yeah I suppose you're right about not filling every need but I just find it hard to imagine that the Giants would wait so long to grab a pass rusher considering the current situation and how in love they are with developing DEs. Speaking of Trufant, do you by chance have any good games in mind on him you could recommend to watch? I'd prefer to see a really good game and a bad one but any advice you can give me would be appreciated.
    Check out the game VS Oregon and the game vs Stanford.. His past 2games, his stock has soared.. I ddin't watch all of the Oregon game, but what i saw, he was batting away balls early, one leading to a pick.. He made a sensational pick to preserve the upset victory over stanford.. Right now, his stock is soaring.

As for not being able to imagine GMEN waiting that long for a DE, i can see it.. The reason i can see it, is we don't know if we'll get a pass rusher via free agency.. Obviously it'll be a mix of FA'cy and Draft to as how we fill team needs..

Check out the game VS Oregon and the game vs Stanford.. His past 2games, his stock has soared.. I ddin't watch all of the Oregon game, but what i saw, he was batting away balls early, one leading to a pick.. He made a sensational pick to preserve the upset victory over stanford.. Right now, his stock is soaring.

As for not being able to imagine GMEN waiting that long for a DE, i can see it.. The reason i can see it, is we don't know if we'll get a pass rusher via free agency.. Obviously it'll be a mix of FA'cy and Draft to as how we fill team needs..
    If you go off our history under Reese, we will try to address the passrushing needs via the draft and try to address Oline needs via FA.

He was always ranked in the top 10 CB's I thought. His brother is in the NFL those guys always get more play no ,matter if they are good or not and he is. I remember him getting torched in a game last year i was going to cut but I didnt put it up because I wanted to make it a 2 game video. I feel bad putting up bad videos of a prospect if its the only 1 up. I dont think its fair to the player. Could give people the wrong idea. prefer to put them in multi game videos

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    If you go off our history under Reese, we will try to address the passrushing needs via the draft and try to address Oline needs via FA.
    cheaper to draft dl and sign ol than the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He was always ranked in the top 10 CB's I thought. His brother is in the NFL those guys always get more play no ,matter if they are good or not and he is. I remember him getting torched in a game last year i was going to cut but I didnt put it up because I wanted to make it a 2 game video. I feel bad putting up bad videos of a prospect if its the only 1 up. I dont think its fair to the player. Could give people the wrong idea. prefer to put them in multi game videos
    Ya, hes definetly living up to his name right now.. But, most places i looked before the season had em in the RD 3, and some early 4th range... Even with his name! So its no surprise that u seen games where he got torched, as it sounds to me like he was inconsistent.. Hes definetly playing more consistently this yr and his stock is on the rise because of it.. I'm a huge fan, and would love to get the kid..

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    cheaper to draft dl and sign ol than the opposite
    Definetly, but as Chris Canty and Rocky Bernard can atest to, we will pay top dollar for a Dlineman , and all though not a DE, i think it could happen if the right player presented himself..

Everyone knows how much i love Kawaan Short DT Purdue.. He was on of my guys i wanted most coming into this yr, and i kinda stopped talking about em lately, just because i pretty much figure hes going earlier then were gonna have a chance to get em.. If somehow we did get Short it would be great, because he would be able to rush the passer from the DT spot why Joseph clogged the middle.. It seems like a match made in heaven..

All ready this yr, Short has 8TFL, 4SACK, 2Passs batted down, and 3BLOCKED KICKS... Thats in only 5games.. Another words, dude makes plays! And this is without Ryan Kerrigan.. The guy is a freaking stud...

+ Reply to Thread