+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 562 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Whats everyones dream scenario for the draft this yr up to this point?? I have 2 scenario's...

My first would be to stay put and have one of Okafor, B.Jones, K.Short, or J.Banks fall to us and we select one of em..

My 2nd would be to trade up for Xavier Rhodes or Bjorn Werner... Both those players are flat out studs...

Could u imagine Xavier Rhodes, Prince Amukumura, and Jayron Hosley as our Top 3 CB's???lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Whats everyones dream scenario for the draft this yr up to this point?? I have 2 scenario's...
    So hard for me to get invested into those scenarios when you have a team like the Giants. Since we seem to be a playoffs or bust sort of team, the possibilities of where we draft and the players around those picks appear to be limitless. Though one thing I feel confident in saying is that if we go deep into the playoffs and draft near the end of the 1st round, we won't have a problem considering an offensive lineman versus drafting one in the middle. With some pretty good defensive linemen in the early to mid area of the 1st along with some CBs, I'm positive we'd take a defensive player in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    So hard for me to get invested into those scenarios when you have a team like the Giants. Since we seem to be a playoffs or bust sort of team, the possibilities of where we draft and the players around those picks appear to be limitless. Though one thing I feel confident in saying is that if we go deep into the playoffs and draft near the end of the 1st round, we won't have a problem considering an offensive lineman versus drafting one in the middle. With some pretty good defensive linemen in the early to mid area of the 1st along with some CBs, I'm positive we'd take a defensive player in that scenario.
    Well, thats why i mean kinda where were at right now.. Being realistic and thinking along the lines of picking in the 25-32 range.. What would be ur dream scenario???

Well, thats why i mean kinda where were at right now.. Being realistic and thinking along the lines of picking in the 25-32 range.. What would be ur dream scenario???
    Well, I could see this team making the playoffs just based on the success we are getting on the offensive side of the ball but if the D doesn't wake up, it doesn't bode well for our playoff chances so I think our team is playing like a 22-26 overall team.

I really like Barrett Jones because of how technically sound and versatile of a player he is but Warmack has the higher ceiling and could probably be as great as Ben Grubbs/Marshall Yanda. Giants love for their first pick to have athleticism and he fits the bill.

Okafor is another realistic possibility with all of the other pass rushers and not to mention a few DTs in front of him. He would be a great player to rotate at LDE along with Tuck or just take over that position completely depending on Tuck's future.

McDonald and Eifert would be welcomed additions depending on what happens with some of our future FAs.

I see people talking about Barrett Jones and I do agree he is the type of player we like. He has positional versatility in that he can play multiple positions along the interior of the oline, similar to a young Deihl. He is a very good charatcer guy as well. Really, he has Giants written all over him.

But, I do not think he is a NFL tackle right now so I think he has to be drafted as interior line. That doesnt mean I dont love him as a prospect. He is a leader , a class act and can play multiple positions.

My concern is that his measurements may not be NFL tackle worthy. Bama claims he is 6'5 305. Other sites have him at 6'4. Bama has a history not being honest in this area too. So I tend to believe the scouts. 6'4 is undersized for an NFL tackle unless he has unusually long arms, which I dont see.

So I am fine with us taking him, but If we do I think it is as a guard / center who can play tackle in a pinch if needed but shouldnt be counted as full time tackle just yet until we see his actaual measurements.

man that Thompson kid for FLA ST is awesome! He had another impressive game today(albeit in a loss).. He runs so freaking hard for a smaller scat back... Also, hes got the blazing speed.. Thompson's the real deal...

Thompson is a good player, but he needs to go to the right team in order to shine. I think he is a Sproles type player right now.

There isnt much I like right now on the FSU offense, most of my love is for their defensive guys. There are some younger guys in backup roles who will be good in years to come. But, the 1 guy on that offense who I do like very much is Lonnie Pryor the fullback. He was a high school stud as a RB who got switched to FB at FSU and has been a very versatile threat as well as a monster lead blocker. That offense puts a lot of lead block stress on fullbacks too with all the stretch plays they run and he just thrives. This is the 1 guy who is actually a versatile weapon but doesnt give up any lead blocking ability in order to get that versatility.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Thompson is a good player, but he needs to go to the right team in order to shine. I think he is a Sproles type player right now. There isnt much I like right now on the FSU offense, most of my love is for their defensive guys. There are some younger guys in backup roles who will be good in years to come. But, the 1 guy on that offense who I do like very much is Lonnie Pryor the fullback. He was a high school stud as a RB who got switched to FB at FSU and has been a very versatile threat as well as a monster lead blocker. That offense puts a lot of lead block stress on fullbacks too with all the stretch plays they run and he just thrives. This is the 1 guy who is actually a versatile weapon but doesnt give up any lead blocking ability in order to get that versatility.
    What about James Wilder Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    What about James Wilder Jr?
    he is 1 of those younger players who will be coming out in the comming years, He is definitely 1 to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Thompson is a good player, but he needs to go to the right team in order to shine. I think he is a Sproles type player right now.

There isnt much I like right now on the FSU offense, most of my love is for their defensive guys. There are some younger guys in backup roles who will be good in years to come. But, the 1 guy on that offense who I do like very much is Lonnie Pryor the fullback. He was a high school stud as a RB who got switched to FB at FSU and has been a very versatile threat as well as a monster lead blocker. That offense puts a lot of lead block stress on fullbacks too with all the stretch plays they run and he just thrives. This is the 1 guy who is actually a versatile weapon but doesnt give up any lead blocking ability in order to get that versatility.
    Ya, i dont' care for there offense either, but thats because i'm not and have not been a big believer in Ej Manuel.. Chris Thompson is freaking awesome.. He can handle a full workload, which he showed a couple times this yr, and for a smaller guy, he runs harder then u would think.. Hes not a guy ur just gonna tackle no problem with one arm.. Obviously hes got wheels.. I didn't even realize he had 25carry 141yrd game against NC ST.. He certainly did his part against NC ST.. The guys really good, and he does that in spite of a lackluster offense.. One that i'm sure dosen't instill fear through the air to opposing defenses.. Hes the complete package, minus alittle weight..

I don't really see any team that he couldent' help? He kinda reminds me of Chris Johnson when he came outta E.Carolina.. I think he'll fly up draft boards and go in the 2nd-late 3rd range.. His ability to catch passes is also a bonus..

+ Reply to Thread