+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 562 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #4281
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, i dont' care for there offense either, but thats because i'm not and have not been a big believer in Ej Manuel.. Chris Thompson is freaking awesome.. He can handle a full workload, which he showed a couple times this yr, and for a smaller guy, he runs harder then u would think.. Hes not a guy ur just gonna tackle no problem with one arm.. Obviously hes got wheels.. I didn't even realize he had 25carry 141yrd game against NC ST.. He certainly did his part against NC ST.. The guys really good, and he does that in spite of a lackluster offense.. One that i'm sure dosen't instill fear through the air to opposing defenses.. Hes the complete package, minus alittle weight..

    I don't really see any team that he couldent' help? He kinda reminds me of Chris Johnson when he came outta E.Carolina.. I think he'll fly up draft boards and go in the 2nd-late 3rd range.. His ability to catch passes is also a bonus..
    I do think he has a chance to fly up boards because he is 1 of those guys who may explode at the combine much like Johnson did.

  2. #4282
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,007
    I can't wait for Notredame/Stanford tommorow!!! My Irish are gonna slaughter them!! Well, i think they'll win anyhow..lol Also, i think a underrated game to watch is OREGON ST AT BYU.. U got my man Jordan Poyer CB Org St and of course everyone knows about Ezekial Ansah DE BYU.. A couple studs right there... Also there both playing well this yr..

  3. #4283
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I can't wait for Notredame/Stanford tommorow!!! My Irish are gonna slaughter them!! Well, i think they'll win anyhow..lol Also, i think a underrated game to watch is OREGON ST AT BYU.. U got my man Jordan Poyer CB Org St and of course everyone knows about Ezekial Ansah DE BYU.. A couple studs right there... Also there both playing well this yr..
    I would watch that game just to see the TE play alone.

  4. #4284
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I can't wait for Notredame/Stanford tommorow!!! My Irish are gonna slaughter them!! Well, i think they'll win anyhow..lol Also, i think a underrated game to watch is OREGON ST AT BYU.. U got my man Jordan Poyer CB Org St and of course everyone knows about Ezekial Ansah DE BYU.. A couple studs right there... Also there both playing well this yr..
    What is Dan Fox' position in the draft this upcoming year do you think? This guy was everywhere in the Stanford game. Te'o and him were around the ball on almost every defensive play. He reminds me of a Clay Matthews type of Inside Linebacker with the energy he displayed.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 10-14-2012 at 06:37 AM.

  5. #4285
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I would watch that game just to see the TE play alone.
    Eifert looked good. Led the team in receiving and scored a touchdown.

  6. #4286
    NYC I know you're high on Desmond Trufant so i thought you might want to read this write from CBS's draft blog:

    The quarterbacks earned virtually all of the national hype leading up to the USC-Washington game, but Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian created some local buzz prior to kickoff with his praise of cornerback Desmond Trufant. Sarkisian announced that he'd been told by NFL scouts that Trufant, a senior starting his 41st consecutive game, was being rated among the top "two or three" cornerbacks in the country. While NFLDraftScout.com currently ranks the younger brother of Seattle Seahawks' Marcus and the New York Jets' Isaiah Trufant as the No. 4 senior corner in the country, it was easy to see against the Trojans why talent evaluators are so high on the 5-11, 190 pounder. Lining up against both halves of the Trojans' dynamic duo of Marqise Lee and Robert Woods, Trufant demonstrated the agility, fluidity and closing speed to help keep the high-octane USC passing attack largely under wraps. Under new defensive coordinator Josh Wilcox, Trufant has been allowed to play more bump and run, maximizing the athletic ability that some close to him believe is even better than that of either of his brothers. When Trufant was beaten Saturday night it was largely when he bailed out and USC's receivers were able to work themselves free on drag routes across the middle. Scouts appreciate Trufant's coverage skills but furthermore acknowledge that his grade has risen this year because he's been more physical as a run defender. Taking advantage of the national stage, Trufant contributed on special teams in this game, as well, blocking a USC field goal in the third quarter.

  7. #4287
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    NYC I know you're high on Desmond Trufant so i thought you might want to read this write from CBS's draft blog:

    The quarterbacks earned virtually all of the national hype leading up to the USC-Washington game, but Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian created some local buzz prior to kickoff with his praise of cornerback Desmond Trufant. Sarkisian announced that he'd been told by NFL scouts that Trufant, a senior starting his 41st consecutive game, was being rated among the top "two or three" cornerbacks in the country. While NFLDraftScout.com currently ranks the younger brother of Seattle Seahawks' Marcus and the New York Jets' Isaiah Trufant as the No. 4 senior corner in the country, it was easy to see against the Trojans why talent evaluators are so high on the 5-11, 190 pounder. Lining up against both halves of the Trojans' dynamic duo of Marqise Lee and Robert Woods, Trufant demonstrated the agility, fluidity and closing speed to help keep the high-octane USC passing attack largely under wraps. Under new defensive coordinator Josh Wilcox, Trufant has been allowed to play more bump and run, maximizing the athletic ability that some close to him believe is even better than that of either of his brothers. When Trufant was beaten Saturday night it was largely when he bailed out and USC's receivers were able to work themselves free on drag routes across the middle. Scouts appreciate Trufant's coverage skills but furthermore acknowledge that his grade has risen this year because he's been more physical as a run defender. Taking advantage of the national stage, Trufant contributed on special teams in this game, as well, blocking a USC field goal in the third quarter.
    I have said it before, by the end of the college season(maybe sooner) this kid will be a 1st rounder. People have been talking about him as a 2nd and 3rd rounder. To me, that is unlrealistic. He is not some hidden gem hidding out in some unknown program. Prior to the Stanford upset, maybe I could see an argument for some not knowing as much as they should about him, but not anymore. The USC game only put an exlamation on my point.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-14-2012 at 03:37 PM.

  8. #4288
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,007
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    NYC I know you're high on Desmond Trufant so i thought you might want to read this write from CBS's draft blog:

    The quarterbacks earned virtually all of the national hype leading up to the USC-Washington game, but Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian created some local buzz prior to kickoff with his praise of cornerback Desmond Trufant. Sarkisian announced that he'd been told by NFL scouts that Trufant, a senior starting his 41st consecutive game, was being rated among the top "two or three" cornerbacks in the country. While NFLDraftScout.com currently ranks the younger brother of Seattle Seahawks' Marcus and the New York Jets' Isaiah Trufant as the No. 4 senior corner in the country, it was easy to see against the Trojans why talent evaluators are so high on the 5-11, 190 pounder. Lining up against both halves of the Trojans' dynamic duo of Marqise Lee and Robert Woods, Trufant demonstrated the agility, fluidity and closing speed to help keep the high-octane USC passing attack largely under wraps. Under new defensive coordinator Josh Wilcox, Trufant has been allowed to play more bump and run, maximizing the athletic ability that some close to him believe is even better than that of either of his brothers. When Trufant was beaten Saturday night it was largely when he bailed out and USC's receivers were able to work themselves free on drag routes across the middle. Scouts appreciate Trufant's coverage skills but furthermore acknowledge that his grade has risen this year because he's been more physical as a run defender. Taking advantage of the national stage, Trufant contributed on special teams in this game, as well, blocking a USC field goal in the third quarter.
    Hes been awesome against all the top pass offenses in the pac 10 and in Oregon and USC's case, the country! I mean, hes came leaps and bounds from where he was to start the yr, as most had him with a solid if not spectacular career at Washington.. I love the kid, and have been raving for weeks.

  9. #4289
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have said it before, by the end of the college season(maybe sooner) this kid will be a 1st rounder. People have been talking about him as a 2nd and 3rd rounder. To me, that is unlrealistic. He is not some hidden gem hidding out in some unknown program. Prior to the Stanford upset, maybe I could see an argument for some not knowing as much as they should about him, but not anymore. The USC game only put an exlamation on my point.
    Well, he really hasen't lived up to his billing in his career to this point.. Again, hes been solid, but unspectacular, and this yr hes stepped it up.. I mean, he still was ranked as about 3rd rder going into yr, so u knew he was solid, but now hes playing at 1st rd level.. I mean, he wasen't even 1st or 2nd all confrence last yr..

  10. #4290
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I do think he has a chance to fly up boards because he is 1 of those guys who may explode at the combine much like Johnson did.
    Thompson was impressive in his all around game again yesterday, as was Xavier Rhods CB Fla st(dude is awesome)... Thompson ran for a 6.8yrd avg on 10carries(lead team) going for 68yrds on the ground and added 4catches for 27yards..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts