I coulden't wait to do the mock after that awesome, inspiring performance against the 9ers! To bad our D dosen't come out like that every week! Either way, i got us picking about pick 30th we'll say, after this week..
1. Eric Reid S LSU- I was very impressed with him against S.Carolina yesterday, and he came up with a big play as well, securing game with a INT..Hes fell some, but i think the value is there.. Reid is big and physical, and athletic.. I'd be willing to take the risk that he can sharpen up his pass coverege and become more consitent in that aspect.. Hes a hard hitter as well.. U can see that talent is there..
2. Kevin Minter ILB LSU- I have offically fallen in love with him as a prospect.. This kid is super talentedr and very physical, and he and reid would bring attitude to our defense.. I think he'll come out after the yr hes having..
3. Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina- Hes not loading up the SACK stat line, but with that long frame, hes been getting his hands on passes and the potential is there for a few moer sacks.. If he put on a few more lbs, he could be similar to Chris Canty.. I think if hes on the board at end of RD 3, the value is there..
4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- This kid can play, as i've watched Penn St a couple times this yr.. Could use a few more lbs, but can get pressure on the QB, and make plays...
5. Connor Vernon WR Duke- I know people don't think we need Wideouts, but we could lose one of Cruz or Nicks down the line, and guys like Barden and Hixon will also possibly get alittle more doe then we want to give em to resign with us, because some despreate teams might want to give em a bit more doe because of them thinking they'd of done more if Nick and Cruz werent on the team.. Obviously wideouts are very impotant to us, and taking one this yr if theres a solid one to take isn't bad idea.. Vernon is really good, has solid size, and good speed.. He definetly reminds me of guy who would excel with ELI throwing em the ball..
6. Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- He might be gone before, but if not, Hawkinson makes for a nice swing tackle, who is alittle more finesse then power, but could also be a nice late rd find.. Solid pass blocker
7. Jack Doyle TE W.Kentucky- A sleeper of mine.. He fits the giants type of TE perfectly.. Long limbed kid who has room for a few more lbs, can move soem with the ball in his hands for a TE, and has reliable hands.. A big part of a good W.Kentucky offense...Worth a shot in RD 7..
I went with alot of guys with some upside, as picking in the very late of each rd, teams do sometimes..
Last edited by nycsportzfan; 10-14-2012 at 09:48 PM.