+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 562 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

I coulden't wait to do the mock after that awesome, inspiring performance against the 9ers! To bad our D dosen't come out like that every week! Either way, i got us picking about pick 30th we'll say, after this week..

1. Eric Reid S LSU- I was very impressed with him against S.Carolina yesterday, and he came up with a big play as well, securing game with a INT..Hes fell some, but i think the value is there.. Reid is big and physical, and athletic.. I'd be willing to take the risk that he can sharpen up his pass coverege and become more consitent in that aspect.. Hes a hard hitter as well.. U can see that talent is there..

2. Kevin Minter ILB LSU- I have offically fallen in love with him as a prospect.. This kid is super talentedr and very physical, and he and reid would bring attitude to our defense.. I think he'll come out after the yr hes having..

3. Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina- Hes not loading up the SACK stat line, but with that long frame, hes been getting his hands on passes and the potential is there for a few moer sacks.. If he put on a few more lbs, he could be similar to Chris Canty.. I think if hes on the board at end of RD 3, the value is there..

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- This kid can play, as i've watched Penn St a couple times this yr.. Could use a few more lbs, but can get pressure on the QB, and make plays...

5. Connor Vernon WR Duke- I know people don't think we need Wideouts, but we could lose one of Cruz or Nicks down the line, and guys like Barden and Hixon will also possibly get alittle more doe then we want to give em to resign with us, because some despreate teams might want to give em a bit more doe because of them thinking they'd of done more if Nick and Cruz werent on the team.. Obviously wideouts are very impotant to us, and taking one this yr if theres a solid one to take isn't bad idea.. Vernon is really good, has solid size, and good speed.. He definetly reminds me of guy who would excel with ELI throwing em the ball..

6. Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- He might be gone before, but if not, Hawkinson makes for a nice swing tackle, who is alittle more finesse then power, but could also be a nice late rd find.. Solid pass blocker

7. Jack Doyle TE W.Kentucky- A sleeper of mine.. He fits the giants type of TE perfectly.. Long limbed kid who has room for a few more lbs, can move soem with the ball in his hands for a TE, and has reliable hands.. A big part of a good W.Kentucky offense...Worth a shot in RD 7..

I went with alot of guys with some upside, as picking in the very late of each rd, teams do sometimes..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 10-14-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Eric Reid isnt getting out of the top 15. Hes as good a player as Mark Barron was.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Eric Reid isnt getting out of the top 15. Hes as good a player as Mark Barron was.
    Hes struggled some up untill yesterday and some have him outta rd 1.. I certainly dropped em down personally without looking at rankings, just from watching em.. But his stock could rise some after yesterday again.. But i dont think hes going top 20...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hes struggled some up untill yesterday and some have him outta rd 1.. I certainly dropped em down personally without looking at rankings, just from watching em.. But his stock could rise some after yesterday again.. But i dont think hes going top 20...
    I think he is by far the best safety in the draft, but we will see.

Kevin Minter bothers me too as a prospect, I get the feeling he measures in at the combine at under 6'. Dont think he has the frame to hold up at MLB in the NFL.

Thompson was impressive in his all around game again yesterday, as was Xavier Rhods CB Fla st(dude is awesome)... Thompson ran for a 6.8yrd avg on 10carries(lead team) going for 68yrds on the ground and added 4catches for 27yards..
    He is an exciting player for sure. I know he has a place in the league. I still dont know if he is full time HB yet, because I think his spinal injury last year will scare some teams away. He will be a big play threat and he is a good kid. But, he also does not seem to be as intent on taking on contact this year, like he was last year. I just wish FSU would use him more conventionally, like they do James Wilder JR. It is hard to evaluate a back when all you see are spread runs. I am not knocking him as much as I am that offense and how they use him. It just adds that tiny little bit of doubt that makes me wonder.

I still think Lonnie Pryor is the best fullback in college football though.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-15-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I think he is by far the best safety in the draft, but we will see.

Kevin Minter bothers me too as a prospect, I get the feeling he measures in at the combine at under 6'. Dont think he has the frame to hold up at MLB in the NFL.
    See, i thought Minter looked thick and around his listed HT personally.. Maybe its just the physical way he plays or something, as it seems like he plays big and physical.. I love em as a prospect.. He reminds me of Kelvin Sheppard some... Hes litteraly in on every tackle it seems, and hes strong enough and fast enough to get behind the line and make plays.. I wonder how many TFL he has? Seems like quite a few, but i could be wrong..

I like Reid as well.. Many don't seem to care for em on this thread, and i agree hes having a bit of a down yr, but u can clearly see the talent, and with that size and speed, its very intriguing.. I think reese will like em as well..

Hey Slip and Santaman, what do u guys think of Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St??? That is my sleeper 1st rd pick if were in the 30's.. Hes one of the bigger reasons Org St's defense is having such a big yr.. Hes a straight ballhawk..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I would watch that game just to see the TE play alone.
    Notre Dames Dline is so good. Not really 2013 prospects though.Next year they have a few guys that can go high

See, i thought Minter looked thick and around his listed HT personally.. Maybe its just the physical way he plays or something, as it seems like he plays big and physical.. I love em as a prospect.. He reminds me of Kelvin Sheppard some... Hes litteraly in on every tackle it seems, and hes strong enough and fast enough to get behind the line and make plays.. I wonder how many TFL he has? Seems like quite a few, but i could be wrong..

I like Reid as well.. Many don't seem to care for em on this thread, and i agree hes having a bit of a down yr, but u can clearly see the talent, and with that size and speed, its very intriguing.. I think reese will like em as well..
    I never said I didnt care for him I said he didnt play well early in the season. Ive gone through all the LSU games except Townson and he has had issues in coverage. Week 1 both TD's were on him. Struggled in Week 2 as well. Seems to have picked it up since then.

What do u guys think of Brandon Coleman WR from Rutgers any of U think he looks like Plaxico. Maybe its because of the 17. he does that high leg stepping thing that Burress does 2

+ Reply to Thread