+ Reply to Thread
Page 432 of 562 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Kenjon Barner beasted against Arizona st.. Kid can run..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Kenjon Barner beasted against Arizona st.. Kid can run..
    Dion Jordan had a real good game. 2 sacks 5 solo tackles a couple hits 2. I still dont know what to do with him. He really needs to add weight. He is way to thin right now. No way he can play the run right now in the NFL and he isnt that polished as a pass rusher. Physical skill is very high and he has the motor 2 most important things

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Dion Jordan had a real good game. 2 sacks 5 solo tackles a couple hits 2. I still dont know what to do with him. He really needs to add weight. He is way to thin right now. No way he can play the run right now in the NFL and he isnt that polished as a pass rusher. Physical skill is very high and he has the motor 2 most important things
    Ya, sometimes guys surprise u and even though the mesuarbles don't stack up, end up being solid players.. Shoot, theres alot of undersized LB's who end up being solid run defenders, maybe Dion Jordan is similar? I would take the chance on em, thats for sure..

Kawaan Short is freaking awesome.. I love DT"s that block kicks as a added bounus(hes blocked 4this yr all ready).. The guy gets consistent pressure, has speed and power, and is a complete DT.. I haven't talked much about em the past couple weeks becasue hes pretty much outta the GIANTS range now, as hes moved up to the TEENish area of RD 1..

Heres alittle update on the stout DT

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 310.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
    Projected Round (2013): Top 20.
    10/20/12: Short has had a strong first half of the season. He has been one of the top interior pass-rushers in college football. Short had a two-sack game against Notre Dame and dominated in other outings. He has shown the ability to beat guards with strength as well as speed, and looks more powerful this season.

Short has totaled 20 tackles, nine tackles for a loss, four sacks, two passes broken up, four blocked kicks and a forced fumble.

What do you guys think of Jadeveon Clowney? I know he's only a sophmore, but the guy is a stud at defensive end.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    What do you guys think of Jadeveon Clowney? I know he's only a sophmore, but the guy is a stud at defensive end.
    You must plan on the Giants really sucking next year because that guy is likely going to be the 1st overal selection, barring an injury or severe off the field issue.

I always like it when defensive guys get consideration for the heisman. This year Manti Teo is being mentioned, though not as the favorite. Personally, if you ask me who the 2 best players in college football thus far into the year have been 2 defensive guys. Teo and Clowney.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-21-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Its mock draft time!!! Another game in the books, and another victory! The best part being it was against a divison foe.. Were now 5-2, and if we can beat the cowboys this week, we could be in the drivers seat for awhile.. I 'm gonna have us picking 2nd to last in RD 1 this week up one spot from last week, with only Texans picking after us..

1. Tyer Eifert TE Notre Dame- He was great for ND against BYU, and should of had a bigger game, but TOmmy Rees is terrible.. Eifert is perfect for our team, and its disgusting to think what ELI could do with Eifert, Cruz, and Nicks on the field at same time.. TE might be more of a need, because Martellus Bennetts certainly gonna draw alot of interst from other teams and could be outta our price range..

2.Kevin Minter ILB LSU- Everyone knows how i feel about this guy, and all he did aginst Tex A&M is get 12tackles 1sack 1INT in a close game WIN for the tigers.. Dudes a absoulute animal, and hes a snot knocking LB who plays a physcial brand of football.. He can rush the passer and stop RB's in there tracks.. Good at working through garbage.. I really like em..

3. Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina- He might be gone, but he might be there as well.. Picking at end of RD 3, worth taking a chance on pass rusher, and see if u are the lucky team to have em when his upside finally starts showing... We need a passrusher and get one who could end up being a steal down the rd.. We can afford to gamble here.

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St.- I had him in 4th in one or more of my mocks this yr and hes here this week as well. THe problem is he keeps putting solid gmaes together and i think hes gonna go higher then late 4th.. Either way, hes there this wk.. Hill had a monster game against Iowa this past weekend, making tackles all over the place, and recording a sack(9tckl 1sack) in big blowout win over IOWA.. He can move around well, could benefit from a few ex LB's as he weighs about 295, but hes active, can rush passer, and is solid against the run...

5. Dan Buckner WR Arizona- I know some may think were loaded at WR, but if we lose One of Nicks or Cruz and possibly Barden as well, and not seeing much outta Jerrnigan yet, and Hixons injury history, it might be smart to grab another WR in the mid/late rds.. WR is so instrumental in how our team operates, we gotta make sure we keep the cupboards full at that positon.. Buckner is a big physical WR that has solid hands, and deceptive speed.. I like Buckner alot..

6. Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- Alot of expiernce, Hawkinson could be a steal as he was once a projected 2nd rd pick a couple yrs ago.. Hawkinson could be a possible swing tackle, jack of all trades player for us.. Hes in the mold of last yrs cardnial 7th rd pick OT NATE POTTER formerly of Boise St.. Similar skill set, and both were projected to go higher at one point, but lack of strength had em drop... If Hawkinson gets alittle stronger, he's gonna be a solid NFL lineman...

7. Dominique Battle CB Cincy- Good sized CB, who has solid speed and is solid in coverege.. Needs to make more plays though..

I'm sure most of you heard already, but FSU RB Chris Thompson tore his ACL

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    dang, i didnt here that.. What a bummer! I really liked that kid as a change of pace back falling somewhere in the middle of Darren Sproles and Lerod Stephens Howling talent wise... Thats 2 bad..

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    yeah I heard. It is too bad, you always root for kids like this. He is a very popular player on the team.

+ Reply to Thread